• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: D25Cvn Ti - The Micro Searchlight

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I've had my D25Cvn for about a month now and took it on a hiking trip, I wanted to give my impressions. Mine is the XPL 5000K version.

First of all, it looks great. A real gentleman's flashlight that you would be proud to pull out of you pocket. Second, it has a somewhat floody beam, (which is what I wanted) that is bright and smooth with a hot spot that's not harsh. In my opinion, it's a perfect small pocketable flashlight for general tasks, including walking the dog and even hiking trails. It does get hot quickly on turbo, about a minute or so until it's too hot. That's partly due to the poor conductivity of titanium, but that makes it a looker. I really like the glow-in-the-dark tail switch (my first & I wish all lights had it). It has become my favorite carry, especially for a dress occasion. My guess at the numbers after comparing to my other lights is about 1000 lumens and 8000 lux, but those are rough guesses. The bottom line is that this is yet another winner by Vinh!

DeeFff

Newly Enlightened
I have a 2015 version that came with the xpl on copper, and I installed driver vn in it. I run it with imr 16340 batteries. if anybody would like it, I can take any beam shots you would like to see. Just let me know. I love mine!

Yes, please - I'd love to see beam shots showing the levels in mode 12 (if you've got DriverVN2, that is), if you're still willing :^)

And how would you compare its output to any other 1x16340 lights you may have?

Thanks much!

masters2010

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone here carry the 219 version? Looking for a HCRI EDC and it seems like this might be the one, though it doesn't seem to be a popular option.

drummer132132

Enlightened
Bumping this thread for more opinions on XPG2 vs XPL 5700k

I just did a heat test of multiple vn lights I have that I will be posting soon but in a nutshell xpg2 runs way less heat than xpl so if heat concerns you I would go xpg2. The trade off will be less lumen and a tighter hotspot. But if you want more lumen and a bigger hotspot go xpl with the trade off of being more heat. Heat really isn't a big deal depending on how long you plan on running the light.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I just did a heat test of multiple vn lights I have that I will be posting soon but in a nutshell xpg2 runs way less heat than xpl so if heat concerns you I would go xpg2. The trade off will be less lumen and a tighter hotspot. But if you want more lumen and a bigger hotspot go xpl with the trade off of being more heat. Heat really isn't a big deal depending on how long you plan on running the light.

Hmmm its a tough one
Will the XPL throw decent enough

Which would you pick?

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Vinh,
i have a D25c i want to send you for an led swap only, and i like 3000k-4000k tints. What do you have in that color range? Any xp-l, xm-l2 or xp-g2. Thanks again

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I am thinking of getting another one of these lights but a floody version. Im really impressed with the quality and size is perfect. I hope vinh gets more in stock. I fancy the full dht one next

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
Looking at the Skylumens site is see there is a version of this lite with something called Olsen Black. Very nice looking throw but never heard of it before.

Expecting to see talk about it here but no luck.

Whats the word on this?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^^^^^
It's all about throw. In a larger reflector, usually a near pencil beam. However, in this small light, I would think there is still plenty of spill. I have an old XPL version. It's a handsome light.