• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: P60 Drop in Light Engine

xed888

Enlightened
r LEDS, Nichia 219

Will a standard solarforce switch withstand 4.5A? Do I need any upgrades to see the full average besides good batts?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 COMBINED XP-E2, XM-L2, XP-G2, SBT, SST, Color LEDS, Nichia 2

Paypal sent for the follwing, please ship to the Paypal address,

-XM-L2 6500k de-domed!
-6080mA
-smooth reflector
-No memory
-LowLow(50ma), Medium, High, LowLow, Medium, High, 10Hz Strobe, 2HZ Blink, SOS, Beacon
= $42 + $5 de-dome + $8 current increase= $55

-XP-E2 5000k
-1.8a -smooth reflector
-No memory
-LowLow(50ma), Medium, High, LowLow, Medium, High, 10Hz Strobe, 2HZ Blink, SOS, Beacon
= $42

Total $55 + $42= $97

I'm super stoked to get these drop ins!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: r LEDS, Nichia 219

Will a standard solarforce switch withstand 4.5A? Do I need any upgrades to see the full average besides good batts?

I had great luck with Solarforce tail cap running high current. The reverse clicky are especially good at high current applications due to the lack of a thin forward press spring.

xed888

Enlightened

I had great luck with Solarforce tail cap running high current. The reverse clicky are especially good at high current applications due to the lack of a thin forward press spring.

Thanks Vinh but I have the new fwd clicky cap for the L2N. That ok as well?

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast

77X20870PX735983C

P60 drop-in, solder-filled, copper PCB
XM-L2 6,500K
1-mode, medium voltage
4.2A
Smooth reflector
Special note: Please do not glue the reflector to the pill

Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Vinh but I have the new fwd clicky cap for the L2N. That ok as well?

The forward clicky in the L2T works fine for me up to 5A. I don't have L2N so I don't know. But yeah if your switch burn I can send you another for free. I got a few extra on my end. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 COMBINED XP-E2, XM-L2, XP-G2, SBT, SST, Color LEDS, Nichia 2

As some have notice I changed things around a bit in the sale thread compared to my other ones. I drop the XML drop in a few bucks and change my shipping policy a bit.

FREE FIRST CLASS SHIPPING WORLDWIDE! Lost packages will not be responsible by me.

+$5 for Shipping insurance, USPS
Priority and Delivery confirmation in the USA. Otherwise I will take a picture of your shipped package as proof of shipment and will ship First Class with no Delivery Confirmation.

x2o

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 COMBINED XP-E2, XM-L2, XP-G2, SBT, SST, Color LEDS, Nichia 2

Sent you a PM :D

LAB

Newly Enlightened

Pay Pal sent for:

XM-L2 5000k tint neutral $42.00
4180MA + $3.00
No Mode Memory
Hi and Med modes
Orange Peel reflector
Priority mail $5.00 Total = $50.00

Thanks. LAB

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi there, all new to flashlights, and especially neutrals, :eek: if you could help me answer the stuff below, thank you kindly..:thumbsup:

so how does say an XM-L2 compare to the XM-L T6 i have in my PD32UE?
fenix tells me its at 5000CCT.

Q: would the XM-L2 at 5000k be better? how is that ?.

Q: i thought also there was U2 and U3 LEDS?. better the XM-L2's
whats all the differences here?

Q:
also if i did get it, who can fit it in the UK?

thanks everyone...so much..sorry to seem lost on this.......:duh2:

jaycyu

Enlightened

Q: would the XM-L2 at 5000k be better? how is that ?.
If I recall correctly, a cool white's output is ~7% more than of a 5000k. 5000k's color tint is better (warmer), as cool white deadens renditions of skin and leaves.

Q: i thought also there was U2 and U3 LEDS?. better the XM-L2's
whats all the differences here?

XM-L is version 1.
XM-L2 is version 2 (announced by Cree like this month).
XM-L2 is ~20% brighter compared to the same bin from the old XM-L.

Q: also if i did get it, who can fit it in the UK?
I don't know if I'm reading this correctly.
If you mean "who can fix it (if the light breaks)?", it's Vinhnguyen! Though he's not in the UK (currently at Seattle), he does mod jobs and is knowledgeable with electronics in drop-in flashlights.
If you mean how to install the P60-sized drop-in, then you need a 6P-type host that a P60 LED bulb can slot in. Install the P60 by just putting it in, that's all. No screws, glue, wrench, etc needed. Unlike the PD32 which has a second button to conveniently switch mods, a 6P-type host only has one tailcap button. You switch mods with it by turning the light on/off within 1 second.
There are 3 main commercial brands that make flashlight bodies that accept interchangeable P60 LED modules: Surefire (brand-name), Solarforce (1/4 cost of a Surefire), and Ultrafire (poorest build quality).
There are also custom-designed hosts on CPF's Buy/sell/trade thread. FiveMega's Cooly host for example is a beastly looking body.
You'll also want a McClicky on/off since Vinhnguyen's XML's pushes the limits. The stock tailcap switch is good at 3A current draw. A McClicky is good at 5A.
You'll need to use aluminum foils to wrap the drop-in as you pop it in the torch host, because there may be a gap that subtracts from thermal release. Copper foil is better, and you can buy some in CPF's MarketPlace forum.

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

thanks so much.
where do U2 and U3's fit in?.
are they better even than XM L2's ?.

thanks.

If I recall correctly, a cool white's output is ~7% more than of a 5000k. 5000k's color tint is better (warmer), as cool white deadens renditions of skin and leaves.

XM-L is version 1.
XM-L2 is version 2 (announced by Cree like this month).
XM-L2 is ~20% brighter compared to the same bin from the old XM-L.

I don't know if I'm reading this correctly.
If you mean "who can fix it (if the light breaks)?", it's Vinhnguyen! Though he's not in the UK (currently at Seattle), he does mod jobs and is knowledgeable with electronics in drop-in flashlights.
If you mean how to install the P60-sized drop-in, then you need a 6P-type host that a P60 LED bulb can slot in. Install the P60 by just putting it in, that's all. No screws, glue, wrench, etc needed. Unlike the PD32 which has a second button to conveniently switch mods, a 6P-type host only has one tailcap button. You switch mods with it by turning the light on/off within 1 second.
There are 3 main commercial brands that make flashlight bodies that accept interchangeable P60 LED modules: Surefire (brand-name), Solarforce (1/4 cost of a Surefire), and Ultrafire (poorest build quality).
There are also custom-designed hosts on CPF's Buy/sell/trade thread. FiveMega's Cooly host for example is a beastly looking body.
You'll also want a McClicky on/off since Vinhnguyen's XML's pushes the limits. The stock tailcap switch is good at 3A current draw. A McClicky is good at 5A.
You'll need to use aluminum foils to wrap the drop-in as you pop it in the torch host, because there may be a gap that subtracts from thermal release. Copper foil is better, and you can buy some in CPF's MarketPlace forum.

jaycyu

Enlightened

thanks so much.
where do U2 and U3's fit in?.
are they better even than XM L2's ?.

thanks.
Both XM-L U2 and XM-L U3 are of the previous LED generation.
U3 is ~7% brighter than a U2.
I think the current XM-L2 cool white is a U2 (~12% brighter than a first-gen XM-L U3). I don't recall reading about a XM-L2 U3.
Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

BIG thanks. got it. appreciated.

would there be a difference say then with an XM-L2/3 neutral than the now T6 neutral in my PD32UE?.....
& can any mod be done to a PD32UE such as this then ?? .........cheers...cool!.

Both XM-L U2 and XM-L U3 are of the previous LED generation.
U3 is ~7% brighter than a U2.
I think the current XM-L2 cool white is a U2 (~12% brighter than a first-gen XM-L U3). I don't recall reading about a XM-L2 U3.
Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

Last edited:

jaycyu

Enlightened

BIG thanks. got it. appreciated.

would there be a difference say then with an XM-L2/3 neutral than the now T6 neutral in my PD32UE?.....
& can any mod be done to a PD32UE such as this then ?? .........cheers...cool!.
22% output increase?
You can view a Cree LED datesheet at 3A here: http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree
For modding the XM-L in the PD32UE, you can to visit Vinhnguyen's mod thread. He has done quite a few LED swaps.

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

22% with the same neutral 5000k look yes?.

also would an MCE LED be better than the XM L2 ?.

thanks for that all.

22% output increase?
You can view a Cree LED datesheet at 3A here: http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree
For modding the XM-L in the PD32UE, you'll have to visit Vinhnguyen's mod thread. He has done quite a few LED swaps.

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast

The mc-e is a smaller die and better for throw, won't put out as many overall lumens.

And yes jaycyu, the XM-L2 comes in T6, T5 and U2 cool white and T5, T4 Neutral White, according to Cree's documentation.

Welcome to the club neutralwhite! :)

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Forgot to mention, Vinh has previously stated (couple of days ago) that the 5000K tint in the new XM-L2 is the best he's seen in any Neutral White.

Dale

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow, possible to mod a PD32UE T6 neutral to that anyone ?. what difference would I see in that neutral what i see already in a T6 neutral...which looks pretty creamy impressive already..?

would be good, good though anyway if Vinh says that!.

thanks.

Forgot to mention, Vinh has previously stated (couple of days ago) that the 5000K tint in the new XM-L2 is the best he's seen in any Neutral White.

Dale

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

For anyone questioning high currents (copper on bottom)

Cree_XM-L_U2_LCK-LED,_16mm_STAR_2.jpg

Cree_XM-L_U2_LEDTECH,_16mm_Cu_STAR_2.jpg

source