XeVision ULTRA 80-85W Super head mod - SIGN UP NOW

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Pack up all my cares and woes, Feeling low here I go, Dubai, dubai, blackbird!"

Reminds me of a "Shape Shifter"........:nana:

Only The Shadow knows......:thumbsup:

Karl

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry I've been out of the loop lately, (been back east taking care of elderly parents) but looks like things are definitely moving forward with amazing project. I have a question for Dan. Earlier in the thread you had concerns about if the LX50 would be upgradable to this upgrade and said some testing would need to be done. Just checking to see if its a option for the Mighty LX50?.

Bottom line if you limit the use (time) at the high output setting so that the heatsink fins don't get so hot you can't hold onto them you are fine.
You could also buy the larger 70 std. head, with no restrictions.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
All "ribbing" aside, I'm thrilled to be able to get one of these fine "flashlights"! It's all pretty amazing to me how far the technology has come so rapidly....Lordy, "flashlights"!! That's akin to calling some of the current "weapons of mass destruction", CUTLERY for goodness sake! :eek: Anyway, I'm still me, tongue-in-cheek comments and all.

"Skunked" so to speak by the wet conditions in this past weekend's camping trip, the "shootout" sledhead and I had envisioned was pretty much limited to a bit of tree bark scorching with our "big gun" lights. We're both (somewhat) patiently waiting for the first photon blast from these "modded" or, "brand new" LEMAXes. No matter which, it will be a "Photon Blast"!!:twothumbs

Welcome aboard everybody, the train will be leaving soon. Be sure to get on board and ON THE LIST!!!

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Not sure what the unnecessarily bolded "buying" is supposed to mean. Are you a clerk at Boulmiche or something?"

---"Rasher"

Yup, come on down and see me!! :):)

Karl

Rasher

Enlightened
That explains it Dan! I just wondered.... I believe we may know "Rasher".... sounds vaguely familiar...Hmmmm....:rolleyes: Bicycles in the desert comes to mind somehow...:thinking:

Karl
Would you mind clarifying the meaning of this? I'm giving the benefit of doubt that this and subsequent posts by you are not some adderall fueled logorrhea and are instead some inside joke or fora lore.

I assume Dan is the same person I communicated with directly for the first time time recently (else an interesting name coincidence), and he made the suggestion a week or so ago that I join here to get on a list/keep abreast of status. I'm quite sure he'd not heard of me before then, and just as sure we do not know each other.

I realise nuance can get buried in the textual context, so perhaps I'm reading something into nothing, if so mea culpa.

In any case, seems a bit off topic for the thread, I suppose if you want to continue this interaction PM might serve better (I think I require more posts before I can PM).

R

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
It's "Ghost Rider in the sky" written by a song writer named Stan Jones from Douglas Arizona back in 1948. The LEO's in the desert call me the flashlight guy, maybe I'll have them start calling me Light rider.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks but the word "WRITER" best describes a background author evident here and thus, my editorial leeway with the song title. :):)

Karl

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
I should just call Dan to find out the answer to my question but I will post it here as others may have the same question. Will Xevision be carrying any of the accessories that Lemax has for the light, like the cigarette adapter to charge or the cigarette adapter to run without the battery? I am somewhat interested in a superpower head as well but it is not as functional as the current head on the 70 watt. For my purpose of using as an actual search and rescue light the combination spot/spill of the current 70 watt version is the best of both worlds for quick acquisition and recognition of objects at long distance. It seems the human eye/brain works better with a larger picture to try to figure out references from. A tight narrow pattern of a maxabeam my be bright but you can make out what you are looking at without binoculars.

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
As far as I am concerned Dan can engrave anything he wants to on it as long as it comes back with 85 watts and a fatboy in it:twothumbs

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I am concerned Dan can engrave anything he wants to on it as long as it comes back with 85 watts and a fatboy in it:twothumbs

I agree with you on this and your previous post toolboy! The engraving/laser marking was identified by Dan for clear and simple reasons. Stars, LEMAX "birthday", sequence....whatever silly ideas might be voiced are just that and absolutely nothing more. It is the light, performing at new higher levels in which we are concerned. If there is a need for emulating purchase ability, admiring a brand new sparkling "toy", possibly precious metals may be applied and, spotlights may be installed for illuminating the LIGHT--in it's likely case in the entertainment areas of the home, which should be considered.

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
"...adderall fueled logorrhea and are instead some inside joke or fora lore."

I believe FIORA was what you were after now...wasn't it? spell Thesaurus now...."T"..."H".... You got it!!

Only The Shadow knows....:):)

Karl

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I may have confused a "new" member with another whose posts have been noticeably absent recently, mea culpa as well! The persona so similar my confusion (if that is what it is) understandable. As well, the apparent background knowledge and sophistication in the very first post as well as the subject matter---an expensive, "cutting edge" performance light, commendable....yet giving one pause. I must be thinking of an evil twin! Nonetheless I must say concern with future resale and accumulation of wealth not why I've been here. I't's about the lights!! Now, let's "play" nice! :):)

Dan, so glad interest is picking up in the secondary market!

Karl

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should just call Dan to find out the answer to my question but I will post it here as others may have the same question. Will Xevision be carrying any of the accessories that Lemax has for the light, like the cigarette adapter to charge or the cigarette adapter to run without the battery? I am somewhat interested in a superpower head as well but it is not as functional as the current head on the 70 watt. For my purpose of using as an actual search and rescue light the combination spot/spill of the current 70 watt version is the best of both worlds for quick acquisition and recognition of objects at long distance. It seems the human eye/brain works better with a larger picture to try to figure out references from. A tight narrow pattern of a maxabeam my be bright but you can make out what you are looking at without binoculars.

Those accessory items are rarely requested, we can provide any of those options, just include them with the upgrade purchase. We will establish pricing for those when everything is being finalized for pricing and payment.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one other thought on the " Markings" . One knife company (BUSSE) did a run of Limited Edition blades ( MOABM ) and only made 27. All the blades were marked " 1 of 27 " Seemed to appease everyone. I'm still looking for one!

That's all I got.....:popcorn:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I may have said, the import is the light and performance. I've some shelf queens in my collection, some rarely used, one or two, EDCs. This one I use when I can. All's well.:)

Karl:D

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its looking very likely that ONLY this 1st run of 10 will occur, barring a big surprise in late activity.
There are only 4 slots remaining now.
We are reserving the 10th unit for warranty replacement kept on our shelf.
Once a year or 2 passes we will likely use that unit for our own internal purposes.
With this in mind its possible only 9 units will ever be in worldwide circulation.