XeVision ULTRA 80-85W Super head mod - SIGN UP NOW

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XeVision 80-85 Watt Standard or Super head (new or upgrade from your current ligh

Dan, put me on the list for an upgrade.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XeVision 80-85 Watt Standard or Super head (new or upgrade from your current ligh

Whew Sandy, thought you were sleeping!:sleepy::rolleyes:

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Would a moderator please contact me regarding this thread? Thanks!

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks. Got it and replied. Thanks again.

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you!

I want to add that the upgrade mod to 80-85 will be available to both the SUPERPOWER 70 head and the regular 70 head. Full upgraded lights to be available in the future as well provided demand is evidenced.

Thanks again for the great assist!

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a good thing we got onto the list early in the ballgame here. With the limited run of what will be one of the most powerful portable lights, we will no doubt see it as a collectable as well as a stellar performer for years to come! I well remember the upgrading of the first XeVision I acquired years ago into the venerable "BarnBurner", those mods as well performed by Dan at that time at XeVision. I was fortunate in being able to purchase mine from Luxluthor who had gotten it from a member in Canada I believe. It remains as trusty a performer today as well it arrived at the original purchaser's door August 8, 2006--certainly a testament to the reliability of THAT light. The LEMAX we are discussing here is a far distant, major improvement from the BarnBurner and so, I suspect I will NEVER, EVER "wear it out" rather, it will be passed along to my heirs. This is no sales pitch rather, a statement of fact. Limited, custom run, high reliability, long-term collectability.

Karl

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are considering to number (engrave or laser) the limited edition units 1 to 10/10 with the numbers to follow the current list of tentative strong interest. if a 2nd batch of 10 is made they would be numbered 11 to 20/20. This is in addition to the S/N's already on the units.
We are also thinking to engrave or Laser the words XeVision ULTRA into the bezels as well.
In theory at least, this should make them more collectable and valuable to some people.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea!

I was hoping there might be some discernable indication of the upgrading and, the enhanced performance. Not sure if the bezel or the body of the light would be "better" or more appropriate. I'm thinking should someone own more than one head for this light (hint, hint!) and having the capability to interchange those heads, it would demonstrate to the owner/user that the light in hand was the enhanced, irrespective of the head being used. "Food for thought" and discussion I guess....

My "BarnBurner" does not have that engraving nor laser identification on the light and thus, other than noting the Fat Boy lamp, the casual observer might not realize the modding inherent in the light.

Dan, whatever works and is best from your end is fine by me. The sequential numbering certainly a plus in any final decision, where and what else indicated will be right. The fact is, we re all rather pleased that this project appears to moving and, moving n the right direction.

Thanks for the work involved and, keeping us informed!

Karl

Rasher

Enlightened
We are considering to number (engrave or laser) the limited edition units 1 to 10/10 with the numbers to follow the current list of tentative strong interest. if a 2nd batch of 10 is made they would be numbered 11 to 20/20. This is in addition to the S/N's already on the units.
We are also thinking to engrave or Laser the words XeVision ULTRA into the bezels as well.
In theory at least, this should make them more collectable and valuable to some people.

So long as this would include some indication of upgrade vs new/complete (e.g. a star or some such symbol), fine by me.
As a collector of sports cars, I can say that models that came from the factory high-spec'd are more "valued" than those sent back to the factory to be "upgraded" to high-spec. Otherwise, an option to opt out of the numbering might be a worthwhile idea.

R

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan: XeVision ULTRA has a great ring to it. On the bezel would be great or on the body of the light under the control ring...180 degrees opposite the "Low Hi" label...lots of space there....
Just thinking out loud. :D

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rasher, are you buying one?

The "upgraded" will be the same body, reflector, battery (retained by the owner) as one from the factory "new"....no difference whatsoever---unlike your sports car comparison. I believe your suggestion clearly a good one for sports cars but, I do believe we are comparing a "horse of a different color". In this case we are talking about replacement of the aspects of the light which will enhance the performance but ONLY those "parts"--ballast and lamp--"bulb". A sports car, as I'm sure you must be well aware, could have an engine modification, upgraded suspension, electronic modernization...the list is endless but all performed by any number of individuals. I certainly can see where your suggestion originated. I'd prefer, as one who will be having the mods completed, to keep it simple as possible. I'm in this hobby as a hobby and don't see sale in my future. :)

By the way, forgive my manners! Welcome aboard! Great very first post! Glad to have brand new members!:wave:

Karl

Last edited:

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I've been out of the loop lately, (been back east taking care of elderly parents) but looks like things are definitely moving forward with amazing project. I have a question for Dan. Earlier in the thread you had concerns about if the LX50 would be upgradable to this upgrade and said some testing would need to be done. Just checking to see if its a option for the Mighty LX50?.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was added to the list yesterday, a complete new package.

That explains it Dan! I just wondered.... I believe we may know "Rasher".... sounds vaguely familiar...Hmmmm....:rolleyes: Bicycles in the desert comes to mind somehow...:thinking:

Karl

Rasher

Enlightened
Rasher, are you buying one?
Not sure what the unnecessarily bolded "buying" is supposed to mean. Are you a clerk at Boulmiche or something?
To answer your question, yes, else I'd not have asked to be put on the list. I'd planned on multiple new units, though it appears it may be questionable whether any new units will be produced.

....no difference whatsoever...
If we posit "collectability", there's a world of difference between a new, untouched, as delivered from the factory unit and a unit that was upgraded from a used one bought from Joe who bought it from Frank who bought it new. Same sentiment in rare cars, rare watches, rare cameras, etc.

Frankly, I'd rather they not number them: a serial number already present suffices. Not to mention certain numbers diminish "collectability" in certain world markets.

Better yet, put numbers up for bid, and donate proceeds beyond retail cost to a good cause. That way, someone who wants a certain number can pay the extra shekels it's worth to them and charity happens, a win-win.

Thanks for the welcome.

R

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somehow I envision the "modified" LEMAXes as being the ORIGINALS---from which the rest follow...equal in all respects yet...followers.... Hey, JUST like in a bicycle race!! There are those who LEAD,,,,and those who follow....:):)lovecpf

Karl