XeVision ULTRA 80-85W Super head mod - SIGN UP NOW

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think if you go onto the XeVision website and check out the prices and then, add on the upgrading option you'll be very close. Was the mod in the $450-600 range....?

Karl

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
I was hoping the add my name to the upgrade list, but I've had too many expenses this year I'm going back East for elderly parents so I'll just have to meet up with someone after they get theirs and check it out. Or maybe I can upgrade my LX50 with someone's spare parts after they get their upgrade.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
we can add a couple of names on a waiting list, encase someone wants to drop out.
Note: we should be able to get all 9 into the hands of owners before Christmas !!

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
One person now on the waiting list, encase someone drops out. dariman3

No longer on the waiting list, now #10 on the active list.

Last edited:

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
Happy Christmas to me, happy Christmas to me!! Can't wait till we send them in for the mod.:popcorn:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
We should have the pricing finalized in mid November and buyers sending their units in for conversion just before thanksgiving, out by early December.
The ballasts will be done mid November.
The ballasts will in fact be 40/85 watts as was hoped possible for both settings, long battery run time (with substantial output at 40 watts) on the low setting, and the very high (Ultra Power) output at the high setting.

Last edited:

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
:twothumbs

I still think I want to get a superpower head and 12v cigarette lighter power cord to complete this historic light. Please include these in the pricing options Dan. Its my gift to myself, and people it just might help rescue.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Toolboy Ok, will finalize all when I am ready to finalize orders, in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 40/85w ULTRA ballasts are finished and ready for final testing.
By Nov. 16 we should have the pricing finalized and ready to start receiving in the units to be modified.
Most can go out from here right after the "Turkey days" holiday.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are ready to receive in the units for modification: please contact us by phone: 801-622-7000 to arrange the details. 8:30 am to 5:00 pm MST (mountain standard time) ask for Dan.
Our address is: XeVision 4245 Airport Road Ogden, Utah 84405
For out of country individuals ( i believe only 1 ) please communicate via email or telephone: [email protected]

Through some extensive testing (we never offered ballast production above 75 watts prior to this) we have discovered some rather surprising results regarding the possible bulbs to use at 85 watts.
The legacy "Barnburners" from the past (about 10-12 years ago) were modified (not by us) with our awareness by a very few members up from 75 watts to 85 watts and were using the "fatboy" bulbs.
We however had no actual hands on experience with this earlier modification done by a few of our "far away friends".
We now have found that pushing them (Fatboy bulbs) past 75 watts to 85 watts the color becomes very yellowish once fully warmed up and hot re-strike becomes somewhat inconsistent.
These issues must be due to the internal bulb MH salts chemistry of only the Fatboy bulbs, when in this very high level plasma state.
This being the case we have decided, instead of the Fatboy bulb to INCLUDE 2 bulbs (1 spare) GE made (Vogt branded) with each and every upgrade.
We expect the life of this GE bulb to be about half of the Fatboy, and another reason we are including 2 bulbs.
The output color is much more desirable using this bulb and no re-strike issues experienced.
This has always been our preferred Standard D2S bulb (for 35 and 50 watt applications) for performance (output) and longevity, over either a Philips or Osram branded D2S bulb.
We regret also that using the Philips DL50/740 instead, is uneconomical when you can have 3 GE/Vogt D2S for the same cost, and the useful life of the DL50/740 is only double but the cost is about triple.
We were really hoping to use the Philips DL50 (Fatboy) but alas that's not to be, even though we have a lot of them in inventory.

The conversion price has been established at $550.00
options and completes can be finalized during first contact with us.
We do plan to "engrave" "ULTRA" in the mid-body section of each light and a 1/10 - 10/10 (depending on your list position), as well since these are the ONLY units to be made.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fatboy at 85 watts was in the 3000 to 3500K color temp. range, comparatively very yellow. While the GE bulb is in the 4000 to 4500K range at 85 watts, comparatively very white.