You are hungry, it's dark, and you want a snack, which light do you grab?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
After 28 years, I can freely navigate my 2+2 condo in pitch black. I've knocked into things in the past, but I don't ever turn on a light until I hit the bathroom, or kitchen.

Chris

I was same until joining CPF.

Having 3-5 flashlights on my bedside table has given me the mindset I probably should use one of them. lol

Short_Circuit

Newly Enlightened
Solarstorm SC02 because it always comes on in low mode first and is perfect because of that and its small size to sit on my bed side table ready for those excursions to the bathroom or kitchen in the wee hours of the night

scout24

Flashaholic
As several have mentioned, I rotate between several lights with great low level output. SC62w, HDS, SPY 005, SF Titan T1A. Depends on what gets dug out and is getting pocket time.

Fird

Enlightened
All midnight navigation is accomplished with the trusty old Liteflux LF2XT. Its become my at-home light because I'm too afraid of breaking or losing it to take it out lol. My wife has finally gotten into the habit of using her preon 1 lego for night/early morning navigation because our little one has x-ray vision, it seems she can tell if we have any house lights on even with her room door closed... ahh well another flashlight user is born lol

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I can find my way to the fridge without a flashlight. Also late eating is bad for weight gain and blood sugar.... :mecry:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Apart from my S1 and S10 Baton, I also sometimes grab my Fenix E05SS. Lowest mode is too bright though sometimes.

onthebeam

Enlightened
I would eat this one! (from Awesome Birthday Present you Can Eat thread)

IMG_2178.jpg

Will all due respect for those of different tastes and persuasions, I don't think I'd like to eat anything quite this... Uh... masculine.

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
While I keep P12 on the night stand I also have a UST Brila standing by.I primarily use the low mode which is plenty of light with out disturbing others.It also has a red led if I need it.
I love the P12. Mode spacing is perfect for pretty much every scenario

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Probably my P12 2015. Great moonlight and low modes for walking around the house at night.
but wait.. There is a noise outside by the horse barn.. I should check it out.. BOOM, 1000 lumens!

mpainter

Newly Enlightened
None. I just tell Alexa to turn on the bathroom group and let her light the way.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
After 28 years, I can freely navigate my 2+2 condo in pitch black. I've knocked into things in the past, but I don't ever turn on a light until I hit the bathroom, or kitchen.

Chris

Give it another 28 years and you will be hitting that bowl dead center in the pitch dark, like a Navy SEAL or a ninja!

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
It depends on what it is.

For a bowl of Lucky Charms, I'm going to need my Streamlight lantern.
For chocolate chip cookies (made from scratch) I would need my Sunwayman C20C
For chocolate chip cookies (store bought) I would just use a scrappy old Maglight 2D incandescent. :green:
For Doritos, cheese and onion flavor ... probably just a Fenix E01 :candle:
For sweet and tangy BBQ chips, I would use a Fenix E05 on mode #2
For a thing of left over lasagna made with hot Italian sausage, I would use an Olight S30 Bantam on the 1000 lumen setting
For left over pepperoni pizza, I would probably use a Eagletac D5 titanium set on fast strobe. :rock:
For left over habanero chili, I would probably use a Eagletac D5 titanium set on slow SOS. :sweat:
For Fruit Loops straight out of the box, I'd need a Fenix PD35tac set on .... oh what the heck, 1000 lumens.
For a box of Lemonheads, I would go for a the Sunwayman Torpedo on strobe. :confused:

.... can I ask what it was you were going to eat, it might save me some time. :popcorn:

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
It depends on what it is.

For a bowl of Lucky Charms, I'm going to need my Streamlight lantern.
For chocolate chip cookies (made from scratch) I would need my Sunwayman C20C
For chocolate chip cookies (store bought) I would just use a scrappy old Maglight 2D incandescent. :green:
For Doritos, cheese and onion flavor ... probably just a Fenix E01 :candle:
For sweet and tangy BBQ chips, I would use a Fenix E05 on mode #2
For a thing of left over lasagna made with hot Italian sausage, I would use an Olight S30 Bantam on the 1000 lumen setting
For left over pepperoni pizza, I would probably use a Eagletac D5 titanium set on fast strobe. :rock:
For left over habanero chili, I would probably use a Eagletac D5 titanium set on slow SOS. :sweat:
For Fruit Loops straight out of the box, I'd need a Fenix PD35tac set on .... oh what the heck, 1000 lumens.
For a box of Lemonheads, I would go for a the Sunwayman Torpedo on strobe. :confused:

.... can I ask what it was you were going to eat, it might save me some time. :popcorn:

Best. Answer.