You KNOW You're A Flashoholic When...

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: You KNOW You\'re A Flashoholic When...

...when you buy your 7 year old son a nice flashlight, then decide to keep it yourself because you're afraid he won't "treat" it good enough...

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

...when your "Favorites Folder" labeled "Flashlights" contains more listings than all your other folders combined. (Subtle, but true.)
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stainless:
...when your "Favorites Folder" labeled "Flashlights" contains more listings than all your other folders combined. (Subtle, but true.)
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Listings of what, flashlight pics? Really like your sig line, BTW...

T-Rex

Newly Enlightened

Not just Surefire models.

Anything bright. X990 for instance.

Interesting idea... now to convince the boss!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You put yourself in line for Lambda's 4-LS Hydra when there is no line.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

When you empty your "Favorites" folder and replace it with lists of manufacturers, shops, review sites, etc, etc.

When you buy darker sunglasses!

When you ask you wife for a flashlight when she goes overseas instead of the usual electronic gadgets.

cool.gif

tygger

Enlightened

when you're on at 4AM checking for new posts.......

brightnorm

Flashaholic

When you walk out at night in a crowded city belt-carrying an Ultrastinger, a D3 + SRTH turbohead, and another D3 with a T1/2 turbohead in order to do some "vertical throw" comparisons, and then chicken out because there are too many people around and you're afraid of looking weird or getting arrested.

Brightnorm

Size15's

Flashaholic

...you're afraid of looking weird or getting arrested... again

You know you're a Flashoholic when... you see someone searching for something in a dark cinema and you're about to turn on the E2e [but it turns out it's the guy who's mobile went off TWICE during the movie and is looking for the battery that was removed & thrown away by someone who should get a medal for his actions during movie (Episode II)...]

Al

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

When you're at a restaurant, someone drops some change under the table and can't see well enough to find it - before you can say 'flashaholic', you have your Arc AAA out and lighting up the area.
Then after receiving the obligatory comments like "Gee, thats a bright little light..", you immediately say "yeah? well, check this out.." while reaching for your E2..
grin.gif

(This actually happened the other night..)

Graham

yclo

Flashaholic*

...and of course when you hand them the E2 to have a look, and they shine it back at me. I proceed to take out the M3 in return.... (this also actually happened)

YC

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast

...When you've acquired more flashlights that you can accurately inventory...

Empath

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slick:
...When you've acquired more flashlights that you can accurately inventory...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh? Uh...yeah, but...oh. Now you've reminded me. I asked this question long ago and never received an answer.
shocked.gif

A Question
rolleyes.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened

I knew I was a flashaholic when I started to infect others. I'm going camping and I'm counseling my campers as to proper light planning.

"All you're taking is a 2xAA MiniMAG? Oh, no. You need *at least* a LED headlamp for hands free and a high-power incandescent for long-range throw. Plus a single-cell to always have with you. Check out this CMG Tasklight....Remember, we want to carry as few types of batteries as possible."

So far, I've accumulated orders for 12 CMG tasklights and 2 SF E1's
smile.gif
All of which need to be *tested* before delivery
smile.gif

artar

Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SFR:
... you try to recognize what kind of flashlight someone is using on a television show (CSI, 24, Alias, Cops, etc.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...]... you recognize what kind of flashlight someone is using on a television show (CSI, 24, Alias, Cops, etc.)

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by witsend:
When you buy flashlights for others... but test them before giving "just to make sure they work".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, I'm going to do exactly the same thing today...if I can find a Surge locally.

Aloha

JoeyL

Enlightened

when you've blinded everyone at the bar and then your date says: No, I meant a Bud Light...

Latest posts