You might be a Flash-a-holic if...

travelinman

Enlightened
....you walk into Batteries Plus and the guy behind the counter has no idea what you're talking about and doesn't think that 17670's even exist.

....and the guy behind the counter knows you by your first name, your wife's name and asks how your kids are?

jhitch

Newly Enlightened
...you refer to Maglites as "hosts".

...the flashlight you have attached to your keys is brighter than the seven pound, shoulder-strap mounted spotlight you are offered to do some wiring in a closet.

...you have laughed out loud at any of the posts in this thread.

...you are reading this thread.

Amandrew

Newly Enlightened
When your x-mas list of flashlights and batteries is longer then your kids list of toys.

You guys are exactly right about the batteries+ store. :laughing: What are they doing working there anyway?

spellitout

Newly Enlightened
...your girlfriend asks "is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me" and your response is "both"

Dole

Newly Enlightened
... You buy an $80 Surefire. For the soul purpose of boring it out to 18mm, replacing the tail cap with a clicky, and replacing the drop-in.

... You know what all that means ^^

... You get out of bed at 1:24 am to post something so you don't forget

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can field strip (take completely apart) any flashlight you own in the dark and put it back together in under a minute, batteries installed facing the right way.

If you've ever gone on an evening hike and someone who is heading back says "I hope you brought a flashlight." and you respond by saying, "Why, do you need one? I've got ten.".

Afraid-of-the-dark

Newly Enlightened
...you put more effort into what flashlights to leave the house with instead of what (if any) clothing you'll be wearing. (I haven't left the house naked...yet.)

...the Lab you work in considers your flashlights part of their emergency action plan.

...you have to buy a fancier belt than Batman wears because of all the gadgets attached to it. (Why yes, my utility belt IS special.)

...you actually have a flashlight capable of projecting the bat signal on low level cloud formations.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
If you've ever gone on an evening hike and someone who is heading back says "I hope you brought a flashlight." and you respond by saying, "Why, do you need one? I've got ten.".

:crackup:

OK, that one really got me, not sure why, but that just really cracks me up. Oh wait, I know why - I've actually done that! :whistle:

sabre7

Enlightened
If you can't understand the strange looks you got after being overheard talking about trits, shelf queens, beaters, lube, and flashlights. :huh:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
...your girlfriend asks "is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me" and your response is
"It's my draco!" :crackup:
If you can't understand the strange looks you got after being overheard talking about trits, shelf queens, beaters, lube, and flashlights. :huh:
Nothing out of the ordinary in our neck of the woods! :ohgeez::crackup:

Last edited:

rhotondm

Newly Enlightened
The guys at the station constantly give you crap about your lights... then ask your advise for their next purchase.

I understand completely. They constantly give me a hard time for always having 3 to 4 lights on me, but they are constantly amazed when they see their output. And yes, they all come to me to guide them in the right direction.

...you prefer to use the light on your belt when rolling through a dark neighborhood instead of the mounted spotlight on your patrol car.

Last edited:

jblackwood

Enlightened
If you realize that the McGizmo lights you want this Christmas make the Playstation 3 you wanted last Christmas seem cheap in your wife's eyes (true story!) . . . you might be a flashaholic. :whistle:

droeun

Newly Enlightened
Spend hours trying to log back in when the site's down for maintenance

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
You feel naked without an EDC, a backup for the EDC, and a backup for the backup. :thinking:

-Hitec-

EVOeight

Newly Enlightened
Some of your friends have attempted an intervention, like your addicted to crack or something.

You spend more money on new flashlights than new clothes.

Your significant other has ever used the words "if you buy one more flashlight I'm gonna..."

If the UPS man has ever left a yellow sticky on your door instead of leaving your new flashlight, and it made you so upset it ruined the rest of your day.

You have ever attempted to accurately trace out a flashlight on a piece of paper before purchasing, just to get a feel for it's size.

You generally have at least three flashlights with you at all times.

You have ever went swimming in the middle of the day, and you still had a flashlight with you stashed in the little pocket (hey, I was just testing the waterproofness of it, leave me alone).

You actually joined a forum dedicated to flashlights.

Last edited:

yalskey

Enlightened
...you secretly go on a rampage killing otters while wearing train engineer's clothes and rubbing deli mustard all over your left arm, while using your flashlight.

If I had a nickle... LOL

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
...you secretly go on a rampage killing otters while wearing train engineer's clothes and rubbing deli mustard all over your left arm, while using your flashlight.

If I had a nickle... LOL

Dude, that's twisted... I like it!

Where do you find otters in Baltimore though, the ZOO? Hey, are you the engineer on the train at the zoo?

Latest posts