You might be a Flash-a-holic if...

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
You stumble across a threat called "Show us your trits!" and are not upset when you find out it isn't a typo. :devil:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get a dog for the only purpose to use your flashlights outside without beeing considered as a suspicious figure... :cool:

Fottach

Newly Enlightened
... you had to form a strict rule not to order next flashlight until the one you already ordered arrives.

EVOeight

Newly Enlightened
Some of your friends have attempted an intervention, like your addicted to crack or something.

You spend more money on new flashlights than new clothes.

Your significant other has ever used the words "if you buy one more flashlight I'm gonna..."

If the UPS man has ever left a yellow sticky on your door instead of leaving your new flashlight, and it made you so upset it ruined the rest of your day.

You have ever attempted to accurately trace out a flashlight on a piece of paper before purchasing, just to get a feel for it's size.

You generally have at least three flashlights with you at all times.

You have ever went swimming in the middle of the day, and you still had a flashlight with you stashed in the little pocket (hey, I was just testing the waterproofness of it, leave me alone).

You actually joined a forum dedicated to flashlights.

You have ever looked at a Chapstick tube and thought "I wonder if that would make a good host".

You were torn between which of three new flashlights you wanted, so you ordered all three.

You have ever been late on rent, because you bought flashlights instead.

You have ever modded a flashlight before you even ran one full battery through it.

Last edited:

ionizedsky

Enlightened
The guys at the station constantly give you crap about your lights... then ask your advise for their next purchase.

+1

:candle:If you already have two flashlights pushing 200 lumens for over an hour on your belt regardless of time of day, and as the sun goes down you put one more with at least 500 lumens on for good measure.:candle:

:candle:Not to mention you have at least 3 more in your bag near by with 2 sets of spares for all lights.:candle:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
...you stop using a desk lamp to read/study, and use a zebralight.
or,
...you stop using a desk lamp to read/study, and use an HID spotlight in ceiling bounce mode.

Also, you might be a flashaholic if:
...you actually know what ceiling bounce means.

By the way, photons don't really "bounce."

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the day of your Wife's scheduled C-Section, you stop and wonder what light to carry into the delivery room, then take 15 minutes making a decision :nana:

I think I got you all beat with that one lovecpf

PS- It was an HDS Seoul modded U60XRGT with a Peu bezel and 3 green trits. :huh:

mbw_151

Enlightened
Playing Legos is done with Surefire components and not with plastic blocks and children.

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
If you live down-under and Customs start to investigate you about the amount of Flashlights and Knives you are importing for private use. TRUE !
You finally have to respond to items held in Customs due to above and end up advising Customs about what the legal requirements are for importing TRUE!

All of your mates pay you out about all of your lights but will still ask your advise about getting a quality light. HAPPENS EVERYTIME!

You get asked to write articles at work about the correct methods for charging NiMh and Li-Ion batts because nobody else even knows the difference. WRITTING SOP!

Total strangers turn up at your door and ask "ARE YOU THE BLOKE WHO CAN FIX UP MY MAGLITE" ? as you jump to the challenge to find they have used cheapo no name carbon batts that have leaked and the whole tube is corroded. BUT YOU FIX IT ANYWAY plus upgrade to LED (Then charge them less than the cost of parts and say thank you for the opportunity to fix their Mag'.) :crackup:

I concede..............

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
...you use Post-Its to make a 3D model of the light you just ordered because you can't possibly survive for another 24-48 hours.

...on a rainy Sunday afternoon you discover that the emptyness you feel in your heart isn't weather related at all; you miss the UPS man.

scott2907

Newly Enlightened
You might be a Flash-a-holic if... you just realized you have 4 or more flashlights on your person on any given day.

1....2....3.... oh shoot.:whistle:

ionizedsky

Enlightened
...you use Post-Its to make a 3D model of the light you just ordered because you can't possibly survive for another 24-48 hours.

...on a rainy Sunday afternoon you discover that the emptyness you feel in your heart isn't weather related at all; you miss the UPS man.

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

That was hilarious!! I would love to see pics of your 3-D Models:grin2:

Your have a room, as in a full size bedroom that is totally darkened just for withdraw moments during the daytime :candle:

Latest posts