Your Favourite Zebralight and Why ???

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Only have one but sc52d. Love the tint, ui, battery comparability, beam profile. Brightness and run time are enough for me. A 62w I think is in my future because of the increase of brightness and also run time. But I rarely ever need more than this which is why it's my favorite.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
This thread just opened yesterday and it's at 43 posts from 25+ people?!

I'll keep doing my best to carry both the latest iPhone and latest SC600.

sonnix

Newly Enlightened
Really like the sc600w hi, love the tint, the build quality and the color. Not a fan with the rubberized side clicky though because they dont last usually on my acidic sweat. I have a timex watch for jogging with a rubber band, it corrodes within a year, sadly it was irreplaceable because it is incorporated to the watch itself, no screws. Other than that, love the sc600w hi just the same.

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
My favorite is the H600w because it has enough throw to use as a helmet light when cycling. I use it along with a 1400 lumen neutral white floody bar light and the H600w reaches out beyond the bar light and they blend together well. Then when hiking at night or just general headlamp use I diffuse the beam with Magictape it it's a perfect floody beam.
What is the 1400 floody bar light you use?

Witterings

Enlightened
SC600 MKIII HI seems to be getting a lot of mentions!!!!

Anybody using the sc32w ... seems like a great pocket torch.

RTTR

Newly Enlightened

Anybody using the sc32w ... seems like a great pocket torch.

Thats what I'm wondering too, the 32w seems like a perfect little pocket EDC with a great output but it's selmdomly talked about here. I'll probably just pick one up and give it a try. I always have CR123s on hand.

tops2

Enlightened

This! It totally doesn't fit my preference..but all the talk about it makes me want to buy it. After my short demo, it still feels like it's not for me..but I still feel a strong urge to pick one up anyways!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Witterings;4951961[COLOR=#333333 said:
Anybody using the sc32w ... seems like a great pocket torch.[/COLOR]

Thats what I'm wondering too, the 32w seems like a perfect little pocket EDC with a great output but it's selmdomly talked about here. I'll probably just pick one up and give it a try. I always have CR123s on hand.

I think due to the effciency Zebralight gets out of the AA form factor and the increased capacity of the 18650 their CR123 lights have never been too popular. A few years back they even stopped making any CR123 lights for a while, and there was some cries form some to reintroduce the format with the current updates. I have a few of them, but mostly in the headlamp variety. I can tell you they are excellent lights just like the other formats. I have several single cell CR123A lights of the small variety, thinks like the early Fenix P1, BitZ, S10, Peek and I think the Zebra would rank with the best of them. I think I got use to the super small twisty in CR123 format before the Zebralights came about. The zebra by be just a bit short to operate the clicky with my regular grip. It was my favorite headlamp though until I needed a bit more output and I was OK with the larger 18650 headlamps for size. Now I tend to use either 18650 or AA headlamp. However I do use the H3x series lights around the house, keep one on the nightstand, and one in a spare room. I'll probably put one of them back in a headband so it can help burn up my supply of CR123 cells.

So in summary ... no worries, if you like CR123 format try the SC32w.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Whichever one I have in hand. I have 4 different ones that I keep in different bags/locations. SC52w, SC32w, SC600w MKIII Hi, and H603w.

Witterings

Enlightened
I think due to the effciency Zebralight gets out of the AA form factor

If you compare the AA ones to the sc32's though they have less lumen and less run time and are larger ... I can understand people may like the idea of being able to use a standard AA battery as a back up at any time but the 32's outspec the AA's in every other way and can't understand why someone would want to buy something bigger with less lumen and less run time???

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please show me the vast array of lights that make the Zebralights "large for the cels they use"

I think someone has you fooled or the images you have seen has led to you fooling yourself..

EDIT: Go see Selfbuilts reviews; the images speak for themselves; if there was something smaller I am confident he would have shown us a comparison.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...650)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO-and-more!

Going back to reviews of the previous generations, you can clearly see each and every one was a class leader when released in regards to size to output, output to runtime and size to runtime ratios...

no need to get defensive Aussie...no one is doubting ZL's innovation. I'm merely talking about the size and shape of the ZL's that has turned me off. shape is personal. size can be measured. While, I don't have any of these new gen AA lights, a quick look at the specifications show ZL is 1 inch thick compared to Klarus and Olight (just to name two of the more discussed brands) are at least .2 inches thinner in the body and head.

fnsooner

Enlightened
My favorite is the SC63w. Here is a quick pic. Front row, center. It has an old tail cap from a first generation SC600w, with a magnet epoxied to it, on it.

IMG_0561_zpscejadhlp.jpg

I have been carrying an SC6x series light in neutral since they have been available. They have all proved tough and reliable.

I have carried all of the above lights and I almost always grab the SC63w these days, the SC62w before that and the SC60w before that. I like having the runtimes and the outputs that they give me in such a small size.

The SC52 doesn't give me the run times that I need to get through the work day and I rarely ever find myself in need of the extra throw that any of the SC600 series lights put out. I think the beam profile is perfect on the SC63 for a general purpose utility flashlight.

Disregarding size and pocket space and focusing on the ergonomics while holding it in the hand and using it, it is the best I have found It is perfect. I wouldn't want it to be smaller or any larger in this regard.

So basically, the SC6x series flashlight is the best I have found for my needs. The SC63w is the latest and greatest of the series.

TCY

Enlightened
My favorite is the SC63w. Here is a quick pic. Front row, center. It has an old tail cap from a first generation SC600w, with a magnet epoxied to it, on it.

I have been carrying an SC6x series light in neutral since they have been available. They have all proved tough and reliable.

I have carried all of the above lights and I almost always grab the SC63w these days, the SC62w before that and the SC60w before that. I like having the runtimes and the outputs that they give me in such a small size.

The SC52 doesn't give me the run times that I need to get through the work day and I rarely ever find myself in need of the extra throw that any of the SC600 series lights put out. I think the beam profile is perfect on the SC63 for a general purpose utility flashlight.

Disregarding size and pocket space and focusing on the ergonomics while holding it in the hand and using it, it is the best I have found It is perfect. I wouldn't want it to be smaller or any larger in this regard.

So basically, the SC6x series flashlight is the best I have found for my needs. The SC63w is the latest and greatest of the series.

Nice collection.

The anodization on your SC63W is much shiner than your SC62W's. Are they any different in terms of durability, or just appearances?

fnsooner

Enlightened
The anodization on your SC63W is much shiner than your SC62W's. Are they any different in terms of durability, or just appearances?
As far as I have been able to tell, there is no difference in the durability of the anodizing of the SC62w and the SC63w. I just happened to get a darker anodizing on my 63 and the finish is glossier.

Last edited: