Your Least Used LED Light and Why...

ven

Flashaholic
Least used and why? wow thats tough as i have too many lights..........mmmmm:thinking: some can go months,but not because they are no good!

However I would say a spare skyray 3 (3xleds version)

Reason it sits without cells in its box as a spare for when my lads breaks it(or if) :laughing: ...thats confidence for you:whistle:However its not been used for ages so its more unlikely to break! But i could probably list many tbh..............

The Fenix tk50 does not get used much at all,originally a work purchase and to use with a 60mm diffuser. It was ok,good for inspections,penetrating perspex guards but a bit big for ease of use. It lasted for a few weeks/month in my tool box,used now and then because it was there,then brought home and stored.Its just a too tight a beam for general use ,the diffuser did sap the meagre 250lm a bit as well. But periodically it is tested for a few minutes as i do with any light stored. I still like it though and would not sell it,its what i call a proper flashlight(meaning look and feel) as in a traditional kind of way:)

Charles L.

Enlightened
Living in the self-styled City of Oaks, where the tree canopy is omnipresent, I rarely have the opportunity to use a thrower. Nitecore MT-21A has hardly been used since I bought it.

LedLenser SEO7r headlamp also doesn't get used, simply because it has too many beam artefacts.

Bedlam

Newly Enlightened
Mine technical least used would be a Nitecore P16 that I love but keep in the car as an emergency light, or a Fenix LD01 that's on my keychain.

Bugs me a bit having a pair of good lights and not using them, but in theory if it gets down to me needing to use those I'll be glad to have them.

Out of my regular rotation though the Armytek Predator gets the least action. I basically never need the throw, but Jesus it's fun to use when I can!

Last edited:

Esperologist

Newly Enlightened
My EagleTac PN20a2 gets used the least... well, unless you count the old LEDs that were not designed to be lights... yeah, the little bulby things that just sort of glow. I've got one of those around here... solar or wind up to charge. I've also got some random LED light that uses a designed for flashlight LED... but I have no idea the brand and alkalines destroyed the battery carriage.

Really, I can list all my flashlights easy... I'm still early in accruing them:
EagleTac G25C2 XM-L U2
EagleTac D25LC2 XM-L U2 - most used
EagleTac PN20a2 XP-E - least used, of the good flashlights.
Something Damaged AA - half way between a good flashlight and a junk flashlight... my brother's workplace was tossing a bunch so he took them.
Solar/Crank LED Built in Batt - Was my main... until I got a real LED flashlight.

Can I have three least used? I barely used the PN20a2... but at least I still use it sometimes. The other two are no longer in use... except maybe if the day comes I go a few nights without power, then I might scrounge batteries or crank to get one going again.

LedTed

Enlightened
The NiteCore SRT7; I save that bad boy mainly for emergencies - like unexpected repairs.

tandem

Enlightened
Bored SureFire 9P body with Malkoff drop in... reminds me, I need to move that drop in to a different body so it gets used more.

Why does the 9P sit more? The 9P is too long for my every day use cases, but I like having it around for versatility. Add an extender and it's a 2x18650 light. Great light, used less simply because I acquired the body + extender for less common use cases (for me).

My wife's least used light is her AAA LD01; most used light is her Zebralight 1xAA headlamp.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore TM36vn, just because of the sheer size - not something you can carry around casually. That said, every time I do bring it out, I can't help grinning like a fool! It is a beastly light.

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
All 57 that I just look at and wasted hundreds of pounds on,what a mug I was.I find 3 or 4 is all I need.

Hundreds? My friend...you lucked out. I feel bad for those of us that spent thousands on lights that probably never get used.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Of the ready lights, my least used are probably my TK41 and my Rofis JR40.

The TK41 is because I used to walk several hundred metres to and from work through fields in the dark. Then some #*$@ put streetlights on that path.

The JR40 is a backpack EDC as a backup to my V20A, which I use a lot. Despite the lack of use, I still consider the JR40 an essential.

My light usage actually follows something like a Poisson curve, now that I think about it. My V20A gets a lot of use, things like my belt EDC LD02 get some use, and there's a long tail of lights I want to have available for one reason or another, but hardly ever see service.

None of this counts the older lights which I've formally put into storage, of course :) I never throw working equipment away, although I do occasionally gift things I have in storage to family members and friends.

Last edited:

Lithium466

Enlightened
My HDS Rotary… I love the light and I think it is the most functional of all the lights I own - but the lack of a pocket clip keeps me from carrying it as much as I carry my others.
There's a pocket clip for the rotary now, but I have to admit'it's expensive!

My least used light is probably my Olight S35, it has nothing special and uses AA batteries which I don't like anymore...

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Least used light and why?

Simple. Anything that is not pocketable, doesn't have a reasonable holster, or weighs over a pound. Tech has advanced and we don't exactly *need* big fat multicell lights to push useful amounts of light.

One of my worst offenders is my MagCharger. A bit expensive to loan, big, bulky. Utilitarian with about a 1000 lumen drop-in. Nice light. Never use it. My pocketable Oveready crushes it in everything but runtime and I carry the OR frequently when I might need a bit more range.

Flip the script, most used lights? Single cell AA and AAA every time. Anything new, anything modded by Vinh, anything shiny and over $100. :)

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
Old *** Led Lenser was my main light until I got a ZL SC600 II L2 , no brainier there on what my new EDC/around the house light is .

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a tie:
Maglite 2xAA incan with a 3 LED conversion kit
Maglite 2xAA LED

Both of them suck.

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
there are several that have seen very little action because they were "mistakes", (lights that were not as good as i hoped them to be and i had something better suited for its place)

but i know one that is likely my least used.. its the titanium 4sevens quark aa. the numbered limited series. 1st it was too cool and expensive to use. 2nd it was heavier than normal one i had. 3rd the tint on it was really ugly green. it has had a battery in it for about 2-3 minutes total just for testing and playing around purposes.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore EA4W. I've found the Nitecore EC25W offers the same practical performance in a smaller, lighter & pocketable package with the same great (IMHO) UI. I've become less enamored of the 4XAA format for carry use when walking and reserve their use for home-based emergencies.