Your Oldest LED Flashlight?

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vintage light for a vintage thread!
This old keychain light has been mentioned but I thought I would mention it again with some pics.
The Tekna Nighteye was my first LED light that I bought from Brookstone in 1990. I believe I went through 3 of these, losing 2, and this is my last surviving specimen that still operates.
It proudly sports a 10mm red LED that puts out a whooping 2-ish lumens (which was not so bad at the time for an LED) and an atrocious beam (the pics below are being very generous to the beam output and quality), twisty operation and a titanium battery tube that holds 2x LR44 batteries.
Way back, I thought about trying to pull the LED and sanding the dome of it to lose the "ringy" beam and add to the flood but did not get around to it.
I loved this light, enough so to replace it twice! I thought it was 007 level tech at the time!
It wasn't another 12 years or so that I finally procured a proper LED light (sporting actual white light!) in the form of a Arc, LSH-P, and down the custom rabbit hole I went...
pn4mmul.jpg

turbodog

Flashaholic
Haven't seen the EternaLight mentioned for a long time! The EternaLight was a big deal early on before high power LEDs took over. Always meant to get one but never pulled the trigger. An EternaLight with Yuji warm LEDs would be appealing to me even now.

They are still available. Given how unique they are, I bought 2 a couple of years ago to keep around. The adjustable strobe is useful for stopping motion to inspect chains/sprockets and other moving parts.

vol89

Newly Enlightened
My oldest is an Arc AAA non premium 1st addition. I still carry a 2nd edition ARC AAA every day, clipped to a Leatherman ps4. A killer combo. I also carry a new preon as the primary light.

josekym

Newly Enlightened
From 2009: Mini-Maglite 2AA converted with NiteIze LED Upgrade and tail clicky. Still in service.
From 2010: Fenix LD12 Gen 1. Still in service.

Vemice

Enlightened
Up until 5-6 years ago, all I had was Maglite Incans until I started the ride with this lil' guy. The Ti3. It has been through a lot including having an alkaline puke in it. Cleaned it up and still using it. I have had several of the V2 versions but this is, by far, my favorite.
lJhNXDGl.jpg

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first was an Elektrolumens Tri Star Phazer bought in 2004:
http://elektrolumens.com/Tri_Star_Phazer/Tri-Star-Phazer.html

216 lumens but I believe that was lumens at the emitters and not out the front. Still have it and it still works, but I think the tint has shifted a bit, noticed it already after a couple of years, it had a quite purple tint when I got, now it pretty tintless. You still can go to the store and buy LED lights that perform worse than this 13 years later!

But I had headlamps using LEDs before this, my first was Petzl Duobelt. The Duo design is from 1996 (originally with 2 halogen bulbs), I don't know when they introduced the LED modules, but it must have been before 2003. And guess what, Petzl is still making this light and still with those 5mm leds :sick2:

what a blast from the past. Elektrolumens was big at one point, even defined the hobby before Malkoff got on the scene.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Four Sevens Quark 2AA and Fenix TK-40. I have an original Maglite LED bulb from whenever they first came out, but I don't think it counts as you can still use it with an incandescent bulb if you've got one. That would be my oldest LED emitter.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still use my Electrolumins 3D blaster every nite to walk the dog. Three ,10,000 mah rechargeable cells and an xml emitter works very well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
My 2nd gen Dorcey 1xAAA, got It as a gift maybe 15 years ago my first pocket EDC light, still works.
Blue-Dorcy.jpg

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
The oldest LED light that I still own is now a Convoy S2. Not S2+, S2. XM-L2 4C 4500-ish K, Biscotti firmware (originally 3/5), 7135x8.

1q9raTul.jpg

I'm not overly attached to most of my lights, so I had older ones than this but I gave them all away. This one, though? Nuh uh. It has a lot of sentimental value. Still use it all the time, in fact it's my bedside light now that the novelty of an S2+ with TIR has worn off a bit.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one(or one just like it, anyway) that started it all, a very long time, and many thousands of dollars, ago:
s3sZ3n7.png