Z2 Combat Light

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, you have a beautiful family WoL! How come it's so easy to scratch??? I thought this stuff was supposed to protect handguns....

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, you have a beautiful family WoL! How come it's so easy to scratch??? I thought this stuff was supposed to protect handguns....
I saw here in CPF a few cerakote lights that had scratched cerakote or on the edged rubbed down cerakote. I can not tell you if the cerakote processing was not perfect or if this is the "normal" behaviour of cerakote.

The intention of the 5 lights above was getting them because they are looking cool and the Z2 is my favorite P60 host, :huh: not because I want to use them. To use a Z2 I have lots of stock Z2s I can use daily. Could be possible I am the person with the most Z2s in one single room…?

I do not have a lot shelf queens, and my feeling is a flashlight should be used. But this cerakote Z2s are an exception. Would be a pity if this lights would not look this perfect anymore.

ven

Flashaholic
I would be exactly the same if as lucky to own WOL. I won't even beat on mint ones! So I get a beater ........to beat! Guilt free enjoyment . Maybe I am just as crazy as you :sssh:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, nice collection WOL. Love the camo one. Is that also Ceracoated or right from SF? (I know they did some limited camo E2e & C2's at least).

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
HA is Type-III anodizing; so saying either "HA" or Type-III is sufficient.
Furthermore, there is no such thing as HAII; that is called Type-II anodizing.
Yes, yes. This is a deeprooted mistake many of us here have been making all the time, but is somehow not easy to correct.
But in various casual communications many do understand what HA2 and HA3 really mean (ie. Type 2 and Type 3 HA respectively), even at metal processing facilities. So I guess it's OK. (Once an anodizing facility I had business with called me asking what I meant by "HAIII HB" on the job quote sheet. I told them "Type 3 Hard Black" and the staff instantly understood.)

So should I be making corrections by referring the ano processes as "Ty2" and "Ty3 HA"? Possible, just not easy to adapt to. So old habits come back.

The other thing: in some online selling platforms some sellers still confuse with Type 2 and Type 3 ano and thus describe the items to be sold wrongly.
For example, a standard Z41 tailcap with Ty2 black is being referred to as "HA black." So, if I were the buyer interested in that tailcap, and if the listing picture does not show the product's color properly, I would press the seller: "Is it n HA2 [Type 2] black or HA3 [Type 3] Hard Black?" Usually I would get the answers in a timely manner.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, nice collection WOL. Love the camo one. Is that also Ceracoated or right from SF? (I know they did some limited camo E2e & C2's at least).
All of the 5 Z2's are cerakoted, no HA. The E2e and C2 directly from Surefire are at least from what I remember HA, aren't they?

The two Z2's from the left (the camo and the GITD white) are done by Oveready looooong time ago. There are not much around, maybe 5(?) camo and maybe 10(?) GITD white. They were regular available in their online shop.

The other 3 are kind of unique. They were done individually for me on request. The orange one and the burnt bronze one was done by Bugsy years ago, and the yellow one also on request for me by an other CPF guy I do not remember anymore.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of the 5 Z2's are cerakoted, no HA. The E2e and C2 directly from Surefire are at least from what I remember HA, aren't they?

The two Z2's from the left (the camo and the GITD white) are done by Oveready looooong time ago. There are not much around, maybe 5(?) camo and maybe 10(?) GITD white. They were regular available in their online shop.

The other 3 are kind of unique. They were done individually for me on request. The orange one and the burnt bronze one was done by Bugsy years ago, and the yellow one also on request for me by an other CPF guy I do not remember anymore.

No offence but you really had a lot of money to burn, for all those Cerakoted Z2s? Not my cup of tea though -- I mean the practice of having these customizations carried out.

The E2e, I'm not sure. Think there were Type 2 variants from the very early batches (incl. Wine Light and anything in Gun Metal) but the rest were in Type 3 HA (OD).

Meanwhile the C2 was available in both Type 2 Black and Type 3 HA (OD). I too was planning to get the former hoping to turn it into Type 3 Hard Black, but sadly missed that opportunity.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
No offence but you really had a lot of money to burn, for all those Cerakoted Z2s? Not my cup of tea though -- I mean the practice of having these customizations carried out.
I did not bought this Z2s at the same time. The first one was the camo, the 2nd one the GITD White, the orange and Bronze were bought at the same time, and than later the yellow.
But I guess today I would not buy cerakoted lights anymore because it scratches easy and wears out. I also normally use my expensive lights too. The Bronze HDS that is on the picture with the 5 Z2s will also be used, but not always.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
mlO1SQ7.jpg

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I just recently got a Z2. What a nice light. Looks good, feels good. A bit less convenient to carry than a c2 due to the lack of a clip, but also much lighter.

E170BAB8-B702-4B3F-B9A2-E242EC493F32.jpeg
7484FEF5-645C-4F52-92C3-AAE075E622AC.jpeg

fulee9999

Enlightened
I have noob question... what's the difference between the Z2 and the 6P?

They are both twist for constant on, push for momentary, p60 head and 2xcr123, but other then the body shape and the three taps for disco light is there any other difference?

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have noob question... what's the difference between the Z2 and the 6P?

They are both twist for constant on, push for momentary, p60 head and 2xcr123, but other then the body shape and the three taps for disco light is there any other difference?

Nope. The Z2 and the 6P are both aluminum tubes, they take the same bulb. Not sure what you mean about three-taps disco, that must be for a particular LED drop-in. The Z2 has the stepped-down section and the rubber grip rings.

The transition light between the 6P and Z2 was the 6Z, which has the older round bezel without the anti-roll hex edges, but has the stepped-down section. Early on, the number in the model referred to the voltage, like 6P, 12Z, 3P, 9Z. As time went on, the number referred to the number of cells, C2, M2, E2, Z3, M4, etc. You will see early examples of the 6Z that have the stepped down grip section be smaller than on the Z2, so it's half smooth 6P body and half grip section. The REALLY old ones have the lanyard ring with a little protrusion to act as a pocket clip.

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read the bent loop on the lanyard ring, pointing towards the rear, was designed to hang the Z2 around the necks of gov't agents.. Could be that didn't work too well for many reasons

fulee9999

Enlightened
Not sure what you mean about three-taps disco, that must be for a particular LED drop-in.
The one I saw for sale had it, that's why I asked if that's a usual setup for these.
1648232677511.png

But to condense what you just said, it's basically a 6P with different body and grip.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I was always wondering more of the difference between the z2 and c2. Both have the rubber rings and flat machined sides

The bodies are quite different between the two, C2 is bigger and heavier with a squared body that tell you where fingers go, and the Z2 is round with small flats but you can comfortably grip it anywhere. The c2 also has the same pocket clip stud as an e series, and the grip ring is more solidly attached than the Z2.