Zebralight H50 Q5 Headlamp Review!!!

Hans

Enlightened
just one question remains to me: on the zebralight.com website there are two versions available: p4 for 39 bucks and q5 for 49. ist the q5 version worth the extra 10? the specifications dont differ that much, only the high setting will probably be a bit brighter.

The difference *is* visible in high mode in a side by side comparison. It's not that big, but it's visible. No differences in runtime.

Whether a slight difference in brightness justifies the extra 10 bucks is something only you can decide. I got both ... :)

Hans

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Meckie, if you buy the P4, you might be left forever wondering if you'd really prefer the Q5. For me, the Q5 was the only way to go, and I'm *more* than happy with it. This light is very comfortable and extremely useful and something I don't intend to ever part with.

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woa, there, why get both the older (P4) and the newer (Q5) versions OF THE SAME THING?

Get the Q5, I think it is significantly better than the P4, which says a lot (given how good the P4 was). In fact this Q5 is just about amazing in terms of light output plus runtime.

The price of the Zebra is fine with the Q5, consider you can buy just Q5 emitters (drop-in modules) for $30 bucks, and the Zebra comes with a whole body plus accessories. Example the Dereelight modules which are not even the most expensive (you can get such emitters for $60 or even more...).

meckie

Newly Enlightened
ok, i hit the Q5. if i like it i´m gonna buy another :green:
thanks for your advise and the nice welcome.

but i´m going to hold myself back in not buying too much new lights.
since i read this forum i got the Fenix L2D Rebel100, LiteFlux LF2, two Romisen R2-G2, another Romisen, the SAIK AC3 and now the zebralight.
I gotto stop. I gotto stop. ;)

***greetings from Berlin

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, i hit the Q5. if i like it i´m gonna buy another :green:
thanks for your advise and the nice welcome.

but i´m going to hold myself back in not buying too much new lights.
since i read this forum i got the Fenix L2D Rebel100, LiteFlux LF2, two Romisen R2-G2, another Romisen, the SAIK AC3 and now the zebralight.
I gotto stop. I gotto stop. ;)

***greetings from Berlin

I told myself the same thing about 150 lights ago!

peekay331

Newly Enlightened
sorry to bring up this thread from the dead, but I'm considering a Zebralight. Is the beam similar to a Fenix P2D CE with the reflector removed?

peekay331

Newly Enlightened
That's pretty friggin cool. Now all I have to do is decide between the H30, 50, and 60. I want one of each!

exodus125

Enlightened
I know this is an old thread and theres newer zebra models out, but I recently got an h50 through a trade and couldnt be happier. The biggest help I have gotten so far from this is when I barbecue at night. Theres limited light in my backyard and none of the headlamps I had gave enough light. I could use my fenix l2d but even that with its tight beam wanst too good and I had to hold it with my hand.

This light has incredible spill, its light, and its bright, but not blinding bright. Perfect for chores in the dark.

If you can get your hands on one of these it would be very much worth it.