Zebralight H600/H604/H600F MKIV headlamp

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know how many mm wide the tailcap is on the H600? I'm planning on buying a magnet for it for when it arrives.

Keitho

Enlightened
My H600Fw mkIII has a tailcap OD of 23.92mm, .942". I don't think it will change for the IV.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know how many mm wide the tailcap is on the H600? I'm planning on buying a magnet for it for when it arrives.

Someone in another thread posted about gluing a magnet to the outside of their tail cap, it was very strong that way. My question was how it would hold up to shocks, chipping etc...
It turns out that a conical steel piece will concentrate the field, I'm thinking that a circular disk of steel that's ground to a taper on the edge will balance out any lost field strength, while protecting the magnet.
A shallow ring of any metal to protect the sides, and maybe overlap the tail cap, a dab of epoxy or silicone to get squeezed out between the magnet and the steel cover/ shield...

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone in another thread posted about gluing a magnet to the outside of their tail cap, it was very strong that way. My question was how it would hold up to shocks, chipping etc...
It turns out that a conical steel piece will concentrate the field, I'm thinking that a circular disk of steel that's ground to a taper on the edge will balance out any lost field strength, while protecting the magnet.
A shallow ring of any metal to protect the sides, and maybe overlap the tail cap, a dab of epoxy or silicone to get squeezed out between the magnet and the steel cover/ shield...

That sounds cool. I actually posted a pic of my new SC600IV HI with 25mm x 3mm magnet attached in the "official ZL" thread. Well see how well it holds up. It's epoxied on. I will do something similar with the H600. If it breaks / chips I will likely just switch it out.

I like your idea about the protective covering though. If chipping becomes a problem this sounds like a good solution. Thanks!

Ace12

Enlightened
I'll have to wait for the run times to be published before I commit to buying one. I'm most interested in the medium mode of 143lm. My current zebra MK iii medium mode is 62lm for 30 hours. If the new medium has the same runtime I'm sold.

likethevegetable

Enlightened

In my experience, neodymium magnets are very brittle and the stronger they are the more likely to chip - the idea of protective steel is great as it is permeable to magnetic fields.

My solution for magnetizing my lights is gluing an array of rectangular magnets approx. 2x3x5 mm each on the pocket clip, and putting some heat shrink around it for protection. It takes 3 or 4 to get a nice strength - I've hung my H53c with an Eneloop from a screw. The real beauty of using a pocket clip for magnets is the ability to point a right angle light anywhere in a hemisphere.

etKSIIg.jpg
kjZFcVA.jpg

Last edited:

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
In my experience, neodymium magnets are very brittle and the stronger they are the more likely to chip - the idea of protective steel is great as it is permeable to magnetic fields.

My solution for magnetizing my lights is gluing an array of rectangular magnets approx. 2x3x5 mm each on the pocket clip, and putting some heat shrink around it for protection. It takes 3 or 4 to get a nice strength - I've hung my H53c with an Eneloop from a screw. The real beauty of using a pocket clip for magnets is the ability to point a right angle light anywhere in a hemisphere.

Brilliant! I will try this soon. Will be especially useful when using one of the mules - H604, etc. - as a worklight.

jlittle

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a H32F about two months ago and love it but between it and my HDS flashlight I'm running through 1-2 CR123's a night. "Night shift helicopter maintenance" so i picked up the H600FD MKIV this being my first 18650 light can anyone suggest a charger and cell to order?

Glock27

Enlightened
I picked up a H32F about two months ago and love it but between it and my HDS flashlight I'm running through 1-2 CR123's a night. "Night shift helicopter maintenance" so i picked up the H600FD MKIV this being my first 18650 light can anyone suggest a charger and cell to order?

Can't go wrong with Xtar and Sanyo GAs. I use: http://www.xtar.cc/products_detail/productId=59.html

G27

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
The 15th has come and gone in the USA. Anyone receive a shipping notice for the new headlamps? Sounds like Zebralight has been overwhelmed by demand for all the new mk iv models.

Petrsv

Newly Enlightened
The 15th has come and gone in the USA. Anyone receive a shipping notice for the new headlamps? Sounds like Zebralight has been overwhelmed by demand for all the new mk iv models.
I emailed them yesterday to see if my headlamp will ship on fri and was told that I will have to wait 3-4 weeks before my order will ship. I ordered mid November.

20vturbo

Newly Enlightened
I emailed them yesterday to see if my headlamp will ship on fri and was told that I will have to wait 3-4 weeks before my order will ship. I ordered mid November.

What model? I ordered a H600Fd at the end of November...

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Ordered an H600Fc IV to Canada via EMS on Nov, 13 - Order 10376429

No shipping notice yet. Looks like it might be a month before I see mine based on what I'm seeing around here.

phips

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads-up on the shipping times... ordered a H600Fd Mk IV myself.

Which battery would you guys recommend for the light?
1) Samsung INR18650-35E, 8A, 3450mAh
2) Samsung INR18650-30Q, 15A, 3000mAh
The 35E should to deliver enough power during normal conditions but what about freezing weather?
Reason I am asking is that my current bike-light (H600Fw Mk II, EagleTac 3400mAh) will not switch to high power once its been running on medium in the cold airflow for a while.

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened

I just got the same reply, 3-4 weeks to ship, even though I ordered on November 2nd, one of the first days of pre-orders. Can we assume that they just haven't received any products from their factory?

Last edited:

Petrsv

Newly Enlightened
I just got the same reply, 3-4 weeks to ship, even though I ordered on November 2nd, one of the first days of pre-orders. Can we assume that they just haven't received any products from their factory?
That or they got a batch in with some defect and they are having them redone. It's anyone's guess right now but it does seem that no one is getting a headlamp before the 25 th. It's going to be a dark Christmas.