Zebralight H600/H604/H600F MKIV headlamp

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
H600FD will throw considerably more than the H604D. The no reflector models of Zebralights are pretty niche use IMO, where all they will be good for is extremely up close tasks or indoor usage type of things.

Here's a good video illustrating the differences. Older generation Zebralights, but the beam patterns are still the same:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get it. Even not being too tight it will be annoying. It sounds weird, but you need to run the strap through the two rubber "O's" that also hold the lamp. Then insert the lamp. This will:

1. Hold the lamp tighter inside the rubber holder, preventing the lamp from accidentally rotating down (running, jogging)
2. Keep only a flat piece of rubber against you head, that will conform to the shape of your head. Out of the box the way they have it, the two lines are caused by the thicker part on each end/slots and not lying uniform across your head.

Give it a try!

markr6,
I love this suggestion, and just reran all my ZL headbands using this method - way more comfortable!! Thanks man.

I haven't tried the Armytek headbands. Are they more comfortable than your method?

markr6

Flashaholic
markr6,
I love this suggestion, and just reran all my ZL headbands using this method - way more comfortable!! Thanks man.

I haven't tried the Armytek headbands. Are they more comfortable than your method?

Glad to hear it! It looks so wrong, but it just works! ZL are really the only ones I've tried. I used the NiteIze band for running with my H600w but that was just to eliminate any bounce. It's a heavy nylon webbing type material - just a simple band with velcro.

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
I asked Zebralight for a shipping update on my h604c, which I pre-ordered back in early November. They said they will start shipping in 5-10 days. Probably true for other mk iv headlamps as well, but can't say for sure.

Nuppet

Newly Enlightened
I sure hope we can - I already ordered one on Nkon. If it works nicely, I think I'll order another one. It was $6.00CAD all said and done. Here is a photo that redditor tdh66 shared with me: Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/7l9vcn/does_the_plastic_armytek_wizard_pro_headlamp/
9AlXRzI.jpg
The Armytek Wizard Pro plastic holder even fits Zebralight SC63 and SC64, so the flashlight can be used as a headlamp. As a glass-wearer I easily get some glare, though.

Petrsv

Newly Enlightened
I asked Zebralight for a shipping update on my h604c, which I pre-ordered back in early November. They said they will start shipping in 5-10 days. Probably true for other mk iv headlamps as well, but can't say for sure.
I got that same message 8 days ago. By the time it I will be able to pre order the mk five.

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooooooh.
Give us some impressions when u receive it.

I'm gonna have to wait until I have some extra $$
going to give my MKIII FC to my GF .. maybe I'll put it in the new box heheh

Ace12

Enlightened
I only wear them with armytek pro v.3 plastic (non-silicone) holder headband - far superior and comfortable headband IMHO

https://www.armytek.com/products/ac...for-armytek-wizard-with-a-plastic-holder.html

Olight H2R magnetic headband is fine as well.

Zebra headband is on pair with skilhunt (useless).

Same story with Manker e02h and e03h headbands - truly excellent headlamps - with Nichia high CRI & user configurable moonlight of 21 levels - and absolutely horrible headband.

:nana:

How well does it hold the Zebra? Any chance of it popping out?

niraya

Newly Enlightened
How well does it hold the Zebra? Any chance of it popping out?
Never happened to me, feels secure, but I ain't do any acrobatics . I use armytek headband with ZL, Skillhunt and AT of course - they all fit nicely.

BTW has anyone already received H600Fc or H600Fd Mk IV?

Alexi*

Newly Enlightened
I orderd the H604c high CRI in november but now it's removed from the Zebra page. :(

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
I orderd the H604c high CRI in november but now it's removed from the Zebra page. :(

I still see the h604c on their Google doc and their website. Hope nothing is wrong, I too have been impatiently waiting since November.

Sherbona

Newly Enlightened
I just got my H600Fc MKIV. I love it (my first zebralight headlamp too) It really was worth the preorder wait. I decided for now I'm going to stay in the default "G5" mode, using its default values and then later I'll start messing with changing levels and such. On the zebralight site it lists this for the G5 group:

• H1 is fixed at 1568Lm, H2 can be 980, 562, or 296Lm
  • M1 is fixed at 143Lm, M2 can be 63, 25.7, or 9.6Lm
  • L1 is fixed at 3.3Lm, L2 can be 1.0, 0.3, or 0.08Lm

Does anybody here happen to know which of the three listed values for H2/M2/L2 are set as default? I see the instructions for changing them, and I will soon, but I'm curious what they are 'out of the box' before I start messing with things. Thanks!

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Couldn't tell ya, Shebona. But the best way to find out it is by programming it, I just count the clicks it takes me to reach to/from the maximum or minimum level.

How's the tint on your sample?

Sherbona

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestion. I think the tint is wonderful! I'm still getting used to it, it's very different from what I'm used to but I like it very much. My other headlamps are probably more around 5000k and aren't high CRI. Yeah I'll be doing the programming thing with it for sure, but so far I'm good with the out of box levels so I'm going to wait until I'm in a 'I have to change something' mood (probably in a few days lol). Which levels did you choose for the L2/M2/H2?

Latest posts