Zebralight SC32 & SC32w are on their way...

recDNA

Flashaholic
Re: Zebralight SC32 & SC32w are on their way...

I added an eyelet on mine- it's perfect for my finger loop.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also added a bite grip and magnet to the tailcap.

5ea293a0dee6f6af3af8ab05dd87b5df.jpg
Where's the eyelet? If I use on keychain I don't want a clip on it.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

McCoy

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have the SC32 and a Olight S1 Baton, pro's / con's of each? Which one do you like better between the two?

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have the SC32 and a Olight S1 Baton, pro's / con's of each? Which one do you like better between the two?

Dont have the S1 yet but do have the previous version. Between the two I prefer the SC32 as its a better made light, has great tint in the neutral white, and thermally regulates the high output rather than stepping down after 1 minute. It also gives greater flexibility for moonlight modes and medium settings as well. Size wise they are pretty similar with the SC32 being slightly bulkier but not much. The olight is a great light and if you can get one under $40 it's a great option especially with the magnet, I keep one in my car at all times in case I ever need to change a tire or something. If you want a light that maintains 400+ lumens well while providing more flexibility I would go with the Zebralight. If you really want the magnet and cheaper price then the Olight is a solid option as well.

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened

(disclaimer....I have not used either for a very long time, so all I can weigh in is with what I've noticed so far). With that being said, I can honestly say that I don't think anyone would be disappointed with either. Both are incredibly small lights with more than an adequate amount of output. I ended up keeping the sc32w. I personally feel that zebralight's operation is superior to anything else I've tried...so much so that it outweighs any benefits competitors may have over it. I also think their neutral tint on the sc32w is perfection (however, I am aware that this is personal preference). With that being said, the s1 does feel slightly more compact in hand (couldn't tell the difference in pocket). I like the deep carry pocket clip and LOVE that it can double as a headlamp if you are wearing a hat. The magnet is a great idea, but for me it is not something I use. I have always held lights in my mouth when using both hands and I don't think that is something I am going to change. One big gripe I have with the s1 is the on/off button. Although the actual switch is recessed under the silicon button (not worried about it turning on in pocket), the pocket clip can rotate and the button can be more difficult to find than the zebralight with the set clip and very recessed button. This may seem like a small issue for some, but for me it was something worth noted as it did bother me. I haven't used either long enough to comment on runtimes.

torchflux

Newly Enlightened
so how's the compatibility of the sc32 with the various protected 16340? keeppower OK?

or do you have to "deprotect" ?
yes, I'm also interested in ^ this.

any rec's of optimal 16340(s) for use in the SC32/32W would be appreciated.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, I'm also interested in ^ this.

any rec's of optimal 16340(s) for use in the SC32/32W would be appreciated.

I assume 16340 are the same as rcr123? I use the olight rcr123 in mine with no problems, with the spring built in is should be able to accommodate a different range of sizes.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard call... I have both.

Size goes to Olight.
Tint goes to Zebralight
Button goes to Zebralight
Beam for its wide Hotspot goes to Olight
Customization with output goes to Zebralight

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both also, but I find I am using the Zebralight because my other EDC is a Zebralight 18650 light too. Having the same tactile feel of the Zebralight interface is a big benefit for me.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been EDCing the S1 more often since I have several and it is so small. The SC32 seems significantly larger but it is still easy to pocket and the reflector makes the SC32 more versatile than the optic of the S1 IMO.I would like to pick up another SC32 as a back up and if I had to pick one it would probably be the SC32 based on its capabilities. That said I like both lights and will EDC the one that suits me at the time,depends on my needs/wants for the day.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

6d530cd70da64f21e8bff672344a931a.jpg
2bc5b46251eb9ec4c474bc8ae3fc8fd8.jpg

Note that white square on olight is just a bit of sugru to help me find the button. Thought it may generate questions.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the pics, very helpful
the Olight weighs 25% less than the Zebra, from the specs
Ive read some Zebras use PWM and make a humming noise. Does Olight use PWM, does it hum?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the SC32 and have parked my Olight S1 Baton to my nightstand; I found the Olight too small for my daily use. My Zebralight is quiet.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me the only advantage the S1 has is the magnet in the tail and available in different metals. The ZL overall is by far superior, just wish they would offer a titanium light.