Zebralight SC600 MKIII HI BUY IT!

SuzukiGS750EZ

Newly Enlightened
I love my SC600w HI, but I would not buy it to work on cars. You want something much floodier for that.
That's the crappy thing about a budget and needing to fill many roles. Right now I user an ingersoll rand 20v task light or a streamlight stinger led. The task light seems to do well for me but if I need a light on the spot and I'm not home, it would fall on my edc light. While my galaxy s7 has a flashlight, it's not practical for some applications

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
That's the crappy thing about a budget and needing to fill many roles. Right now I user an ingersoll rand 20v task light or a streamlight stinger led. The task light seems to do well for me but if I need a light on the spot and I'm not home, it would fall on my edc light. While my galaxy s7 has a flashlight, it's not practical for some applications

I am by no means a mechanic, but it seems to me that a headlamp would be most useful in this field? Either way, I think the regular SC600 III or the SC600Fd III Plus would be much more useful for a car mechanic than the SC600w HI, while their high output would still be fine for normal EDC use.

Last edited:

SuzukiGS750EZ

Newly Enlightened
I am by no means a mechanic, but it seems to me that a headlamp would be most useful in this field? Either way, I think the regular SC600 III or the SC600Fd III Plus would be much more useful for a car mechanic than the SC600w HI, while their high output would still be fine for normal EDC use.
I did notice the headlamp option and I have always wanted one for certain situations. What would you recommend in the zl lineup. I tried looking at them yesterday but there are so many

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did notice the headlamp option and I have always wanted one for certain situations. What would you recommend in the zl lineup. I tried looking at them yesterday but there are so many
I would go with an 18650 version just because of the extended run times. Within that subset of lights I'd go with the F (flood) version, maybe the 602 (mule, floodier than the flood version). I also like the neutral tints so I like the W (H602w, H600Fw) and the D version would work well during daytime (H602d, H600Fd)

I'd say H602d of you only want it for up close, or the H600Fd if you want to work up close, and medium distances.

SuzukiGS750EZ

Newly Enlightened
I've actually just ordered an sc600 mkiii, so I have the 18650 already. Flos I figured because when I use a head lamp it's usually for work right at arms length. Is probably go with the fd

tops2

Enlightened

Basically do you want it for really really close range (H603w), close to medium range (H600Fw or H600Fd), or a better general use with more distract but less flood (H600w).

I personally have the close to medium range one. I got the H600Fd since it's a high CRI version that gives better color reproduction. Since its for closer distance, the extra loss in lumens vs the newer H600w MKIII doesn't matter to me. But for outdoor use, it's good up to medium range. I really notice the lack of throw (distance) of the beam if I hear something in the distance...but I get a nice wide beam in front of me.

I think a good all arounder is the H600w. The flood isn't as wide as the "F" version, but the throw should be much further. There's always the scotch tape/diffuser "trick" of placing say a piece of scotch tape over the lense and the beam becomes more floody. You maybe able to try this trick even with just normal existing flashlight. Then when you need extra throw, just take off the tape.

SuzukiGS750EZ

Newly Enlightened
Well, what's the big difference between super close and close to medium? The close to medium sounds better for utility, but I don't think I'd need it to light up farther than arms length for the most part. Does the close close one have any type of spot?

markr6

Flashaholic
Well, what's the big difference between super close and close to medium? The close to medium sounds better for utility, but I don't think I'd need it to light up farther than arms length for the most part. Does the close close one have any type of spot?

No spot on the H603. It's even from side to side. It depends on what you want. Even close up, I found I wanted a defined hotspot while working under my jeep last night. My headlamp just didn't have the "punch" I needed to look thru tight areas, light up narrow nooks and crannies, etc. So I used my H52w (diffused with d-c-fix tape) along with my PD32.

SuzukiGS750EZ

Newly Enlightened
No spot on the H603. It's even from side to side. It depends on what you want. Even close up, I found I wanted a defined hotspot while working under my jeep last night. My headlamp just didn't have the "punch" I needed to look thru tight areas, light up narrow nooks and crannies, etc. So I used my H52w (diffused with d-c-fix tape) along with my PD32.
That's what I was thinking. There are times where flood is a hindrance because it casts shadows. So what's the newest mid/close cooler light? I don't favor warm lights much

tops2

Enlightened

That's what I was thinking. There are times where flood is a hindrance because it casts shadows. So what's the newest mid/close cooler light? I don't favor warm lights much

I don't have the H603 versions, but based on what I read and various pictures online, it looks good for maybe up to 10 feet?

My H600Fd seems to be good up to maybe 30-40 feet. Otherwise, I can't really see that far off. Some on reddit estimated the H600Fd to have throw up to ~88 feet (if I remember correctly). While my "F" is floody, it sort of has a hotspot thats gradually transistions to spill.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry--just interrupting this thread to say:

GAH! Could you people just send me my light already?

I knew it was on backorder, but that doesn't mean that I want to *wait* for it!

Okay. I feel calmer now. Carry on.

Witterings

Enlightened
Just read this post about using it as a bicycle light
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...I-HI-BUY-IT!&p=4960052&viewfull=1#post4960052

I've just used mine for the 1st time for cycling tonight ... can anyone tell what the differences are in the beam between the SC62w and one of these .. I could see what hmihaylov meant about the wider beam possibly being better in some circumstances and lighting the way round the next corner although that said I found it a lot better when I tilted it up a bit more but am wondering if the 62 may be a better cycle light or am I just looking to justify another purchase???

Anyone desperate to get hold of one ... I got mine from NKON just very recently and they still have them in stock ... I paid the extra for the faster shipping but it wasn't much for the standard shipping although that was to Europe so may depend where you're based.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered my SC600w MK III HI last Friday directly from ZL as I have my other Zebralights. I could have sworn it said in stock when I ordered but apparently not. I've tried contacting ZL customer service twice now with no response. Is that normal? Can't believe they took my money but won't respond to any inquiries from me. I would have thought at least they would have sent an email saying it's on back order with an expected ship date of xxxxxxx. But nothing, Nada, zip from them.

Now I'm almost second guessing my choice because I work on copiers and printers for a living and the first ZL I used for this was a SC32w for about a year and then the SC62w for about the last year or so. It sounds like maybe the HI is NOT what I need as it may not have enough spill. I was wanting one that had some throw as well as enough flood spill for up close work on the lower mid level.

Thoughts, anyone? If the HI is a no go for my needs, how in the heck can I cancel an order from ZL and order the regular SC600w MK III if I can't get them to respond to any inquiries at all?

Last edited:

fnsooner

Enlightened
^^^
My opinion is that you would still prefer the SC62w over the SC600w MK III HI, considering what you are using it for. The SC600w HI is a great light though.

As far as contacting ZebraLight, my luck has been mixed but I always get taken care of. I can't log into my ZL account at the moment, but I think on the first page after you log into your account there is a comment window. That is where I have had my best luck.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^
My opinion is that you would still prefer the SC62w over the SC600w MK III HI, considering what you are using it for. The SC600w HI is a great light though.

As far as contacting ZebraLight, my luck has been mixed but I always get taken care of. I can't log into my ZL account at the moment, but I think on the first page after you log into your account there is a comment window. That is where I have had my best luck.
Thanks for the fast reply! I'm definitely getting one of the SC600w MK III flavors, just not sure which one because I like the reversible clip and lanyard ring as well as the awesome knurling.

Yeah, I tried both the "contact us" thing after logging into my account and the "add request" when logged in. I wish I could just call and tell them what I want to do.

Last edited:

fnsooner

Enlightened
I'm definitely getting one of the SC600w MK III flavors, just not sure which one because I like the reversible clip and lanyard ring as well as the awesome knurling.
Since you have the SC62w, I would definitly go for the HI.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
...or maybe definitely the SC600Fd III Plus.:)
That's the one with the frosted lens, isn't it? No way I'd want that. I want an all-around EDC light which the SC62w is and has been for me. I just really like the looks of the SC600w MK III and the HI seemed like it still had enough spill in the beam shots I saw, to work for me while working inside of machines.

I just realized I don't have any unprotected flat top 18650's and apparently that's what is required for this light. Dang it, I must have missed that little detail in the excitement of ordering the light. Wonder if I can somehow get ZL to add a couple to my order.