Zebralight SC600 MKIII HI BUY IT!

irongate

Enlightened
Well if you need a reason to justify buying a new light, you may not be quite as far gone as some of the rest of us :) So I'm not sure if my comments will help or not.

Personally, I think the SC600mk3 HI is better than the MH20 in every way (well, the MH20 has a better built-in charger...). So for me that's good enough. The Zebra is brighter, more intense, has a much cleaner tint, better regulation, better UI, and its much smaller. Here's a comparison photo for you:
GMZWxas.jpg

Te be fair though, I never loved the MH20. When I need a "throwy" edc-able light with built-in charging I reach for that Manker. When I don't need the built-in charging I'll definitely be reaching for the new Zebra. The MH20 is just taking up room on the shelf.

Being this is my first post and new to here, could you list what those lights are. Thank You

EsthetiX

Enlightened
I ordered mine on 4/26, and it shipped out on Monday. Problem is that on the stupid USPS site the last update was on Monday 5/9 when a shipping label was created. Now it is 5:30 on Wednesday and it's still sitting in TX. The estimated delivery date is Friday and I'm going to be extremely angry with USPS if I don't get it then. I had this happen before with USPS where I ordered a group buy light and it was shipped on a Monday and was supposed to be to me by Thursday, but I had to wait until the following Monday to get it. I really hate USPS.

Is anyone else waiting on the sc600 mkiii hi having this issue with USPS?

I don't think it has anything to do with USPS. They most likely just printed the label ahead of time in anticipation of shipping and it has not left their warehouse yet. I have generated labels and used them up to 3 weeks later when I was backordered on certain product at my company. I assume they're doing this to boost efficiency. ZL is known for taking more orders than they can bring in from manufacturer level. Does it say anything more than just "a shipping label was created" in your tracking info?

I ordered when they were completely out of stock at the TX location. Took about 3 weeks for my order to arrive (today). I believe they just received new stock and are sending out a wave of shipments right now.

Last edited:

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Well that makes a lot of sense. I messaged them earlier asking about the status, so we'll see what they say.

Equitymind

Newly Enlightened
True story:

Yesterday I wrote ZL asking when the HI light would be back in stock. Their reply was that if I ordered now it would take about a week.

So I ordered last night and paid the extra $4 for the faster shipping.

I got a shipping notice today!

I already own an H602w and an SC63w and love them both.

Looking forward to my next New Flashlight Day!!

I emailed them ONE day after you (exactly 24 hours ago was my reply) and was told they just went through their last batch and that it would be a three week wait. :sigh:

EsthetiX

Enlightened
I tend to preference warm versions. Ordered it in warm and briefly compared against a SC62w. Very impressed overall. I do appreciate form factor and aesthetics of the SC62w, but there is a big difference between the two on high levels. SC600w MKIII HI is visibly brighter/warmer especially on high levels. Hotspot is definitely more defined.

scot

Newly Enlightened
You guys are complaining about your lights not being shipped yet.
When I track my package, USPS says it was delivered today. Completely false.
No package delivered today. Someone was home all day.
Now that's frustrating!!

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed them ONE day after you (exactly 24 hours ago was my reply) and was told they just went through their last batch and that it would be a three week wait. :sigh:

Hey, I ordered that same night as limuhead and I get the feeling I'm on the next batch too.

LimuHead

Newly Enlightened
True story:

Yesterday I wrote ZL asking when the HI light would be back in stock. Their reply was that if I ordered now it would take about a week.

So I ordered last night and paid the extra $4 for the faster shipping.

I got a shipping notice today!

I already own an H602w and an SC63w and love them both.

Looking forward to my next New Flashlight Day!!
(This is me quoting myself for thread clarity purposes.)

The latest tracking update from USPS says my HI is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but the location still says Irving, TX. My expectations are at around 25% of it actually happening.

When I bought my SC63w not too long ago with the free shipping from ZL, the USPS tracking showed it being picked up from ZL. Then it spent a whole week in Lakeview, TX before suddenly being shipped to CA overnight on the weekend. It showed up the next Monday, a few days later than USPS said it would. That's the main reason I went for the faster shipping this time. Watching your light sit at the P.O. for a week in Texas can be unnerving.

BTW, when the SC63w hadn't shown up on time and I contacted ZL about it they opened a case number and kept it open until the problem was resolved. Great CS!

My main hope is to give encouragement and hope to those dealing with USPS shipping out of Texas.

It can be strange.

I'll let ya'll know if my HI actually shows up tomorrow. Like I said, my expectations are at about 25% that it'll happen.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
How fast does it regulate the temperature when it gets hot? 1300 lumens is nice, but if it's only for 1 minute or so before it looses more then half its brightness its just like every other light to me. I am tempted to buy it only if it can hold that 1300 lumens flat until the cell goes dry.

My Nitecore P12GT is bright initially but after a minute its so hot it's at less then half the brightness. Made me disappointed since i need the brightest lights with throw in timber mines.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
How fast does it regulate the temperature when it gets hot? 1300 lumens is nice, but if it's only for 1 minute or so before it looses more then half its brightness its just like every other light to me. I am tempted to buy it only if it can hold that 1300 lumens flat until the cell goes dry.

My Nitecore P12GT is bright initially but after a minute its so hot it's at less then half the brightness. Made me disappointed since i need the brightest lights with throw in timber mines.

There's a review of the standard model by member selfbuilt with runtime plots, take a look.
In short, no. Under almost all usage conditions, it cannot hold 1300 lumens with flat regulation until the cell goes dry.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
If you need 1300 lumens for long time you better get a bigger light.
These small lights must step down or they will overheat.
Will probably work in cold conditions though.