zebralight SC600: the most perfect light?

DanM

Newly Enlightened
And my question: Is there some sort of clip-on mount I could use that is magnetic.....?

I think what justanotherguy was looking for is magnetic mounts for the SC600. I have a mount at home from a company called Flash grip if you google them they have several magnetic flashlight mounts.

hivoltage

Enlightened
How about the perfect belt holster for the perfect light? Anybody found one....that's not custom made and costs 50 dollars?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Thor custom leather sheath from hogokun, for at home and a Nite-ize stretch holster for at work.

I heard the kydex holsters work too

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
Well, the question as to "the most perfect light", is a general one. Nothing wrong with a generalization when it is understood as such.

Since owning the sc600, I have not put any significant time on my other lights. The sc600 is that good. I would say the OP is definitely correct.

+1

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummm... you've been here that long and didn't think to check in the Headlamp section.. :thinking:

Casebrius

Newly Enlightened
I have two Sc600, mostly because I love the size to brightness ratio of this light. One for work, and one for home. The UI is truly awesome, I like control ring lights too, more cause you can choose the brightness when it's off and that has a real appeal to me. If there was a control ring light that had a .1-750 lumen ability that was roughly the same size (within an inch) I'd be hard pressed not to buy it :)
Not sure if it'll ever replace my Sc600 but itd take it's turn in the edc rotation

Do the tints vary at all? I bought a SC600 that appears very green even on high as compard to a new Jetbeam PC10 and 2 other XM-L lights I have. I have another on the way, I hope this one is not as green.

Admiralgrey

Newly Enlightened
How about the perfect belt holster for the perfect light? Anybody found one....that's not custom made and costs 50 dollars?

Maxpedition 4" mag pouches. They can be attached vertically or horizontally and easily work on molle as well.
Their double mag pouch is ideal for the SC600 and a full size leatherman.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do the tints vary at all? I bought a SC600 that appears very green even on high as compard to a new Jetbeam PC10 and 2 other XM-L lights I have. I have another on the way, I hope this one is not as green.

I have had the SC600 for months now and it is a great little light which is mainly a flood beam.

My Klarus XT11 beats it hands down in throw, beam colour and still enough spill to work with.

The XT11 alongside of the SC600 really shows how much more whiter the XT11 is.

I found straight away when I got it that the colour of the beam was not white but had a greenish tint to it.

If it was a whiter shade it would be perfect my for my use.

It was a bit of a letdown seeing the colour of the beam for the first time.

It puts out plenty of usable light over a wide area but that darn greenish tint still annoys me.

Cheers

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had the SC600 for months now and it is a great little light which is mainly a flood beam.

My Klarus XT11 beats it hands down in throw, beam colour and still enough spill to work with.

The XT11 alongside of the SC600 really shows how much more whiter the XT11 is.

I found straight away when I got it that the colour of the beam was not white but had a greenish tint to it.

If it was a whiter shade it would be perfect my for my use.

It was a bit of a letdown seeing the colour of the beam for the first time.

It puts out plenty of usable light over a wide area but that darn greenish tint still annoys me.

Cheers

I got the SC-600 too, about two months back and while it's more 'sea foam green' on the lower output modes, my goes 'whiter' as the output goes up.

I don't know if I'd want to paint a masterpiece in the dark, with the ZL on the lower modes, but I'm not jonesing to put the magenta filter on my, either.

Chris

zenbeam

Enlightened
It's funny how I hadn't noticed any green tint on my first Fenix light until reading about it in here. Now I notice it on any light that might have it, including my SC600. But fortunately, it does not annoy me.

Of the lights in my relatively small collection, I have no one favorite, but I will say that my Zebralight SC600 is a top contender and is certainly one of my most well rounded lights. Everything about it oozes rock solid quality and design molded from experience and user input.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
i know my tittle is a pretty big statement especially with all you flashaholics in here
but hear me out first ok!
just got my new sc600 in the mail today and it has very quickly become my most favourite light I have ever owned, know I dont have a lot of posts but I have almost...around about.... exactly 14 different light including tk35, klarus xt10, SR92, TM11 and a lot of other tactical and ecd lights. its has been a while since I have opened a new light and was actually VERY happy with my purchase. for the first time i cant think of something that I dislike or would change about a light (realistically... 5000 lumen 1x18650 would be nice). 750lm out of this one 18650 light is amazing, blows all my other tactical lights out of the water. its timer protection over thermal protection after 5 min steps down to 500lm. 9 different progamable memory settings so you can costomise how u use your torch. great runtimes from 500lm 2.1 hours all the way down to 2.8lm 280hours and 0.1lm for 80 days. its front clicky and the button feels solid, its a great flood light but throws pretty dam well also. the best tint out of any of the lights I have owned, the most neutral out of all my cool white lights. genius UI, tiny size, awesome look and feel....
this might even be the end of me buying lights for a while.... unless of course the sc600 II comes out or the next amazing led comes out lol
not saying its the best light, everyone has their favourite, im just saying its the most perfect all round... if that makes sense lol

zebralight has to get some recognition for doing an amazing job on this
can I get a +1 for the SC600 or what? :p

I heard the SC600 II is coming out soon, with 5,000 lumens on 1 Cr123! Just kidding.....

I got my SC600 about 5 weeks ago, and I like it, but I have more issues with it than with my other 4 lights. I was thinking of buying the warmer LED version of the SC600 at first, but I think the tint of the Sc600 is great. Its also very bright, for 5 minutes, then its as bright as my other 18650 light. I like it's size(small) and its thickness(rugged). I like the fact it has LOTS of modes. Its switch is very tough, etc.

But here are the problems I have with it:

1. It's very complicated to learn how to use initially, and it wouldnt be a good emergency light for the family, because you'd have to train them on how to use all the settings, and they'd have to remember all the correct clicks, double clicks, series of double clicks, the holds, single clicks, etc. Plus if you dont click at the right time, it just shuts off. So it would be annoying for someone who hadnt "practiced" with it.

2. It's supposed type III hard anodizing is the thinnest, easiest to scratch I've ever seen. It scratched the 1st time I installed the pocket clip! My Jetbeam BC-10 has a pocket clip, and its been spun around and taken off and put back on countless times over 9 months, and it still hasnt scratched where the clip connects, but the SC600 scratched the very 1st time!

3. Its settings are too difficult to find sometimes

4. its a pure flood light, and only on high 1 and high 2 does it have decent throw.

5. It's beam and it's hot spot arent very clear, round and precise. Its got dark spots and lines through the hot spot.

6. It ONLY runs on 18650's, when MOST lights of this size run on 2 CR123's, and even 2 RCR123's and 2 16340's.

7. If I turn the rear cap so much as 4-5mm, the light will not turn on. I like lights that can be shut out by twisting the rear cap or clicky 90-180 degrees so you dont lose the battery to parasitic drain, but this one shuts off when you turn it like 10 degrees! Thats too close for comfort.

8. The switch is too far recessed. I do want it recessed some to prevent accidentally switching on, but this switch is so recessed that I cant get my thumb in there to turn it on, so I hold it like I'd hold a rear click light, and I use my ring finger to switch it on, off and through the modes.

That may seem like a long list of "issues", and I dont have these issues with my other lights, but I gotta say that I still do like this light, just not as much as I thought I would.