Zebralight SC600Fd III Plus - XHP50

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also they added this disclaimer in red at the top of the product info: "This flashlight draws a very high current from the batteries. You MUST use unprotected 18650s capable of 8A or more, and from name brand manufactures. Multiple pogo-pin battery contacts, rather than springs, are used in order to keep up with the high current draws and to consistently maintain an extremely low resistance over a long period of time. Unfortunately, only flat top unprotected 18650 batteries up to 65.2mm are compactible with the pogo-pin contacts. Frosted lenses have to be used in order to smooth out beam artifacts from quad die LEDs. The brightness can be perceived to be less compared to throwy lights with the same output."
That is like a disclaimer on a Ferrari F12berlintta saying that it needs high octane fuel and a driver familiar with high speed. ;)

TCY

Enlightened
ORDERED!

You guys might not believe this, I live in AU so it's still in the morning. I think I got up and checked the ZL page using my phone some 2 hours ago, no news so I went back to sleep. I literally dreamed someone posted on CPF "PRE-ORDER IS UP" so I thought I might as well check it out again. Guess dreams do tell you useful stuff:twothumbs

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also they added this disclaimer in red at the top of the product info:

"This flashlight draws a very high current from the batteries. You MUST use unprotected 18650s capable of 8A or more, and from name brand manufactures. Multiple pogo-pin battery contacts, rather than springs, are used in order to keep up with the high current draws and to consistently maintain an extremely low resistance over a long period of time. Unfortunately, only flat top unprotected 18650 batteries up to 65.2mm are compactible with the pogo-pin contacts. Frosted lenses have to be used in order to smooth out beam artifacts from quad die LEDs. The brightness can be perceived to be less compared to throwy lights with the same output."

Nice.

I have been saying from the start that the requirement for an unprotected battery and pogo pins had more to do with amperage requirements than a wish for reduced size. Here is a flashlight that proves it.

The Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA battery is rated at a 10-amp continuous draw, so it can power the ZebraLight SC600 Mk. III Plus easily. I may go with the Samsung INR18650-30Q battery, however, as it is rated for a 15-amp continuous discharge.

As these batteries age, and their internal resistances (IR) increase, it will become harder for them to make their maximum discharge rates. They will still be able to do it, but runtimes may be less, due to more voltage being lost inside the battery.

I like the 30Q, because it gives you more headroom. Even after IR rises a bit, it should have no trouble making 8 amps.

Be forewarned, however, this is just a theory. I have no real test data for either of these batteries to prove it.

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
<snip>
Guess dreams do tell you useful stuff:twothumbs

Lol! I love your tongue-in-cheek.

During World War II, millions of wives and mothers dreamed regularly that their loved ones had been killed in action. The few who were tragically right became big fodder for silly newspaper stories about ESP.

They still are.

No one ever wrote a story saying 999,999 mothers were wrong.

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
[

No one ever wrote a story saying 999,999 mothers were wrong.[/QUOTE]

Not unless they wanted to be in the dog house for a LONG LONG time!

TCY

Enlightened
Lol! I love your tongue-in-cheek.

During World War II, millions of wives and mothers dreamed regularly that their loved ones had been killed in action. The few who were tragically right became big fodder for silly newspaper stories about ESP.

They still are.

No one ever wrote a story saying 999,999 mothers were wrong.

Truth be told several days ago I had a dream where markr6 plays with a SC600Fd III Plus issued by ZL because of his tint-snobness and the rest of us had to watch. :devil:

RTTR

Newly Enlightened
Now if ZL would just put a XHP35 HI in the SC63 i'd be set :)

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
What kind of beam profile can we expect for this light? Earlier in the thread there is a reply from ZL saying it should be much brighter than the frosted floody headlamps. I assume it won't be quite the same since the reflector is much larger.

Vcckp5x.gif

lizongyu

Newly Enlightened
LG MJ1 and Sanyo GA are 65.2mm long.
Samsung 30Q and LG HG2 are 64.9mm long.
Slightly battery rattle when I use 30Q or HG2 in SC600 MkIII HI.
I think the GA and MJ1 will fit better.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Words can't even begin to describe the anticipation I have for this light to arrive. Waiting ~1 month is going to seem like forever! This light has such high expectations that it will have a lot to live up to!

neil944

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if the 30Q would fit, I thought they are 66mm long?
My 30Q is slightly too long for the SC600 HI and the SC63. It's longer than the flattop 18650b Panasonic by about the length of the button. It's unprotected but does have a slight button top that makes it too long.

I didn't realize there were two versions until I got it in. [emoji107]

TCY

Enlightened
According to Section 3.10 of the Samsung datasheet, the 30Q is a fit:

These dimensions are for the flat-top version. You may be thinking of the button-top version.

Gotcha, I was indeed thinking of the button-top version. Didn't know it has a flat-headed sibling.

TCY

Enlightened
My 30Q is slightly too long for the SC600 HI and the SC63. It's longer than the flattop 18650b Panasonic by about the length of the button. It's unprotected but does have a slight button top that makes it too long.

I didn't realize there were two versions until I got it in. [emoji107]

Grab some 18650GA and a Meteor M43 for your 30Q, it never hurts to have some more batteries and flashlights;)