Zebralight SC600w Mk III HI - Pocket Thrower

AlanPototsky

Newly Enlightened
I am very interested in this light, however, I am leery of the side switch. I carry in my pocket. I've never had a problem with my Thrunite Archerv1cv2. Anyone had a pocket turn on problem?

Alan

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually lock mine out with a small turn of the tailcap. It doesn't take much of a turn to lock it out.

markr6

Flashaholic
I find the button recessed enough not to worry about it. Like twistedraven said, a small turn on the cap can lock it out. A very small turn, which is nice.

drummer132132

Enlightened
I've had it two times turn on since I've owned it which is when they first came out. It's rare if it happens

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wear mine at work every day and used to work in a warehouse for about 2 years. Never once had my ZL accidentally activate. It can happen but it's pretty rare and hard to do so. Also, it can be easily locked out as mentioned above so that gives a little more flexibility.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know of a moder that would take that neutral junk LED OUT and put a white in mine for me

Probably should have got the cool version then rather than the neutral

At this point I'm not sure if youd be better off selling it to get what you want or pay for the swap plus shipping.

Best of luck. Also not sure why you would buy neutral if you like cool white and clearly don't like neutral. Maybe i missed something

TCY

Enlightened
Anyone know of a moder that would take that neutral junk LED OUT and put a white in mine for me

ZL lights' internal electronics are fully potted and sealed so I doubt anyone could do that. I remember Vinh54 posted a video saying that he opened up one and the internal was perfect and he couldn't improve it. He might be able to swap the LED for you but imho financially you are better off selling yours to someone else and grab a cool white version from ZL.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 5700k SC600 is what you're after. It doesnt' come with a high intensity emitter though. Also good luck finding one that isn't greenish.

markr6

Flashaholic
I did OK on the tint lotto with my SC600 HI. Nice neutral white which really looks good outdoors in the woods.

Screwball69N

Newly Enlightened
The HI only comes in neutral white. Regular SC600 has a cool white flavour though.
Yes I have that one too bad love it but I'm talking about the HI this thread is about the SC600w MK III HI right I own all the next gen ZebraLights the Hi being a thrower should have only been made in Cool white LED and nothing else that's why I'd like someone to switch out the two LEDS for me

Witterings

Enlightened
Hi being a thrower should have only been made in Cool white LED and nothing else that's why I'd like someone to switch out the two LEDS for me

That's just your opinion ... I think you'll find there are a lot of people that disagree with it though!!!

markr6

Flashaholic
That's just your opinion ... I think you'll find there are a lot of people that disagree with it though!!!
Yea I like that the HI "matches" my H600w. When I'm backpacking and switch between the two, or even use them simultaneously, it's not going to break my brain!

petr9999

Newly Enlightened
Just received my ZL SC600 HI, amazing light :)

thought i would mention that there is a new pogo pin design, should prevent the denting, no?

old design for reference:

Kuro

Newly Enlightened
Firstly I have had a Zebra headlamp for years and it has never let me down unlike cheaper brands.

I recently purchased a Zebra SC600w Mk III Flashlight and would like to purchase a holster belt pouch case.

Can people recommend a suitable pouch case for this light?

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm not complaining, but I'm still surprised this wasn't offered in a cool white. Even though I hate cool blues, the other 5700K lights are not bad...and would make sense in a little thrower like this.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm not complaining, but I'm still surprised this wasn't offered in a cool white. Even though I hate cool blues, the other 5700K lights are not bad...and would make sense in a little thrower like this.
What's the candella rating?