I visited the Arc facility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmitch

Newly Enlightened
I had a nice visit with Peter Gransee on Wednesday. I live in Arizona near his facility, and after my email request, he invited me over for a tour. I had a great time. Peter was kind enough to give me about ninety minutes of his valuable time to show me around and let me try out various lights against his products. I am now the proud owner of a LSH-P, even though I was planning on waiting for the LS-4. The light is marvelous, and since it IS a long time until October, there really is justification for both lights!

I can tell you this. Peter is serious about the quality he puts in his lights. The extra steps they take to make sure the lights don't fail really are evident in his products. I was afraid for a minute during one demonstration that the Arc Ls he was throwing down on the ground was going to bounce through the window in his office! Both the window and the Arc are fine.

I love my new Arc!

Lar

dtsoll

Enlightened
I wishes I lived in Arizona /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif You guys got all the neat stuff! Congrats on your new Premium, those lights do ROCK! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tomas

Banned
Uh, I spent ten days in Tucson in August - I'll pass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

(Remember, I come from waterworld: Seattle area.)

T_sig2.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I've crashed Peter's facility on numerous ocassions. I always felt welcome over there. He's a first class individual no doubt. Is he still doing the bouncing Arc LS trick? That light has taken some serious abuse from him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CM

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to tell you guys what happened when the military guys came by last week. I did my whole throw the light (waldo) on the floor trick. The light bounced up into the air, soared over my desk and past both guys (kinda amazing actually). The second guy caught it out of the air (fast reflexes). He clicked the light on and it what fine. They had brought one of their L1s with them to compare with the LSH and I suggested they let me toss it too. But, they wouldn't let me. They said they didn't think the L1 would survive.

One time I did my toss trick at 2003 SS and the light didn't work when I picked it up. It wasn't waldo btw. There were some german guys watching. They laughed and walked away. I checked the light and found the retaining nut was loose. I think in the rush to get ready for the show the light was never glued. Henry tightened the nut back up and the light worked fine.

Peter

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

You named your bouncing light after me? I'm honored. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Paul

lmitch

Newly Enlightened
Dan,
It is when Peter throws his Arc Ls on the floor so hard it bounces up and he catches it, or attempts to catch it. Pretty good demo!

Lar

roguesw

Enlightened
bouncing light trick, i hazard a guess, u throw the ls as hard as possible onto the ground and it bounces back up? and shows the reliability of the ARC as it will survive this and keep on working
Des

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now why would it NOT surprise me to see something like Peter pullin' out a .45 and testing the bullet-proof qualities of an Arc...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
lmitch said:
Dan,
It is when Peter throws his Arc Ls on the floor so hard it bounces up and he catches it, or attempts to catch it. Pretty good demo!

Lar

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. That light must have been under much stress /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Dan

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
I forgot to tell you guys what happened when the military guys came by last week. I did my whole throw the light (waldo) on the floor trick....

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeese, I guess it didn`t occur to you they only wanted to buy a light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif I wish you would stop trying to convince everyone it has merit as a ball /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1 as in pelican L1 or surefire L1? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw peter, do you have any pics of the light you bounce on the floor?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
L1 as in pelican L1 or surefire L1? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw peter, do you have any pics of the light you bounce on the floor?

[/ QUOTE ]

SF L1.

Yes. In fact, it is the most photographed LS around. That is why I call it waldo because it appears in pictures throughout the CPF. Hint: It has a special inscription.

Peter

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it doesn't look all that banged up though.....pretty new in fact. makes me want to play football with mine just for the heck of it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I am careful how I toss it. Most of my tests are done on the carpet which protects the HA. It mostly then shows the durability of the light to high G forces and some shock. These tests would give an incandescent fits which makes for an effective demo.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.