E2 incident on the mall...

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at the mall the other day in the food court waiting for a friend to arrive to go get something to eat; while sitting we noticed our friend standing more than 120´ away staring around for us but couldn´t see us, since we were too tired to walk to him, I had this idea. and out went the E2 and I start signaling him as to where we were, he (And all the people in the light´s beam) saw us pretty quick, as he was arriving, 2 guards approach and ask me if I am having trouble with my friends (WTF? I think to myself) I say no of course, since they looked pretty serious. I explain what the reason for the flashes was, and they chill out, one asks what was I flashing with? I show them the E2 and their eyes go wide open in disbelief
shocked.gif
, they handle the light and return it very impressed, gave them the URL of CPF and some dealers where to get the light, and cheaper alternatives too.

Note to self: Don´t flash a bright light in a mall
rolleyes.gif
yeah, sure!
tongue.gif

Alex

WaltH

Enlightened
It's worriesome when someone in a certain line of work has the wrong tools.

Hi, I'm here to work on your computer system (abacus in hand).

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any reason not to get the 6P instead of the E2e? It is a bit cheaper.

Generally the Arc LS is good for amazement purposes...and small enough (P123) that it's always with me.

dirobesh

Enlightened
Any reason not to get the 6P instead of the E2e? It is a bit cheaper.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Having bought both in the last month I would definitely say go for the E2e elite. It's smaller and has a good removable clip. The light is more diffuse than the 6P and illuminates very nicely. The 6P is more focused with a brighter output but the beam is not as good quality - a sharply pronounced oval shape. Also I find that the thicker barrel of the 6P makes the tail cap more awkward to turn. Having said all that, I'm looking forward to sticking my soon-to-be-delivered KL3 on it and converting my E2e elite back to it's stock lamp assembly.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6P may be a little too large and heavy to EDC for some, whereas the E2e is just about the most compact you can get for a flashlight that bright and with that sort of runtime. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the LAs for the E2s are cheaper than for the 6P too.

Skyline

Enlightened
Hehehe.. the 6P/P61 is larger than the E2, but it worked fine as EDC for me for a couple of years. Having twice the output of the E2 isn't something to overlook either.

Only recently have I upgraded to a G2Z/P61 for EDC. The 6P/P60 serves emergency light duty in my glove box now.
grin.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh P61, smaller than Surge, brighter than Surge.. not fair indeed...
grin.gif

Just get a mclux with a 5 watter inside...
tongue.gif
Loads of light is one thing, but WHITE light... ahh... that's another league indeed. Not to mention cyan and RB or all that colours that torches normally don't have.

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Yea they tend to be amazed at the output of such small light, smaller than a 2AA M*g, putting out more light than a 5D m*g tends to amaze Security Guards.

I was in Vegas last few days and took the Shark Reef tour. Well, one of the rooms had a glass bottom floor, with glass all around and top. It was dark out so it was very hard to see anything below. You could barely make out the shark's outline as it passed. My wife looked at me and said "don't you have a light?" Well I whip out the E2e and turn it on, placing it face down on the glass floor. Major crowd for the next 30 minutes until we left, the fish were attracted to the light. Always good to have a light!

Rifter

Enlightened
I would go with the 6P, you have so many more options that you just dont have with the E series. You can add a A19 and make it a 3 cell light and use the P90/91. You can add a turbohead. You could use a M2 bezel with shock isolation if you need it. You can use the clickie tailcap's. You can make a rechargeable as well. With the E series your options are much much more limited, with a 6P you can turn it into pretty much anything you might ever need. Something to think about.

Tombeis

Enlightened
M6:

I believe Copia ha a rechargeable battery that will fit any two and three cell Surefire or other 123 cell light.

I know Brightguy is checking the availability of US distribution.

FlameOn

Enlightened
I flikced my Scorpion on a few times at the beach the other day and a Trident sub surfaced...boy was I embarrassed....

Mike632

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is a P6 with the A19 and B65 battery, plus a Mini with an Opalec lamp. The P6 provides the light to get into the dark spots, the mini provides the light to work by.

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Originally posted by Tombeis:
M6:

I believe Copia ha a rechargeable battery that will fit any two and three cell Surefire or other 123 cell light.

I know Brightguy is checking the availability of US distribution.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The problem with the Li-Ion battery and the E2e is that the battery is 3.6v. The 6P kit comes with the 3.6v lamp that won't fit the E2e
frown.gif
So you need to use the 6P bezel with the E2e body or the KL1

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by FlameOn:
I flikced my Scorpion on a few times at the beach the other day and a Trident sub surfaced...boy was I embarrassed....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well that dosen't happen every day
yellowlaugh.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
You can actually use any of the 6P/9P bezels with the E-series. You can use the M2 bezel, C2 bezel, turbohead etc. (an adaptor is around $25) There is a clickie mod too. A 3 cell mod is available too.

The things you can do with the 6P which you can't with the E2e is:

-rechargeable incandescent (The E2e has a Li-Ion rechargeable option for the KL1)
-IR Filter

I think thats about all. The 6P is still, a very nice light with tons of accessories. For EDC though, the E2e is nice. It's hard to comprehend how it can be so much smaller than the 6P until you see it.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the info.

It's not clear from the SF website that they are different sizes at all. I doubt I'd want to get into the Copia stuff (yet another type of batt to keep up with) and small size would be preferable. Then there's the L1 to consider...is it bigger than a E2e w/KL1?

Darell

Flashaholic
We have a children's Christmas parade here in downtown Davis every year. THOUSANDS of people show up and it is a madhouse. We were to meet some friends, and soon got tired of looking at everybody who passed by. So, standing in about the middle of the throng of humanity, I pointed my 5W turbo turquoise C2 skyward and lit up the nearest tree. About 30 seconds later, both familes that we were looking for descended on us.

icon14.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by radellaf:
Then there's the L1 to consider...is it bigger than a E2e w/KL1?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The L1 is about the same length as the E2e, making it shorter that the E2e with the KL1 head on it.