Surefire KL3 (2nd Generation)

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I have a black one on my G2 and she throws! (Beating my bro's new M6-3W)
I love this light! Do you need to temperarily blind someone?.. The kl3 will do you fine.

-tom

rabbit

Newly Enlightened
I got my KL3 from John of Lighthound a month ago, it really is spotty! The spot is even better than my Inova T1 T2 and T3. I also have the BOG 3w drop-in with rechargeable123 and the run time is typical 20 minutes. I use my KL3 on my 9P and waiting for my KL1 to try it on my 6P.
I say get a 6P, A19 and KL3 from John Crighton, in that case you will have both.

socom45

Newly Enlightened
I actually have a 6PN I got from John, and have had the 3w drop in, and the older kl3....waiting on the black new kl3 generation 2... temp blindness ability as well as a beam that'll reach out there so I can see in the dark is what I'm wanting. I have a u2 I got from him as well. One thing I can say is no matter how busy he is...he always treats you like you're number 1. Anyway, said he didn't have any black ones right now so I'm being patient. :- ) Glad to know it's a really bright one. I think I'll be quite pleased. Anyone know what it will look like on the 6P?

XenonM3

Enlightened
I bought another KL3 in HA Natural, this time with the better taper style.

Here is some shots of both styles side by side :

kl3a2ug.jpg

kl3b1hu.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks for sharing the photos

The one on the right is the better version.
The styling may not please everybody but I think it looks better.
Attach it to a G2 or G2Z and compare...

Al :popcorn:

flashgreenie

Enlightened
Yo ucan try these guys, www.opticshq.com
We have a permanent 5% discount with them if you are CPF member on top of their prices.
There is U2 GB thread started by turbodog regarding how to get the discount.
The 5% discount is for all Surefire products.:grin2:

XenonM3

Enlightened
I'm interested whether it is heavier

By hand, I can't tell if there is a difference in weight, only in the size, but I'm sure if you weighed them, the new one would probably be lighter because it looks like there is less metal used.

socom45

Newly Enlightened
:wow: Hey, just wanted to say I just got mine... and WOW what an improvement over the others. Highly recommend getting this one. Anyone know if they do it in red?