New Fenix P1 "Rocket"

HonorKnight

Newly Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost.
tron3 said:
I saw that. They also have a release date of April '06. :sold:

I know a lot of people don't like the twistie aspect, but I think their focus was to make it more of a keychain-type light, not another QIII clone.

They delayed the release date to May. I think it was because they updated the L series with the L1T and the L2T two stage mods and Lux3's.

underdust

Newly Enlightened
I think today was supposed to be the tentative release date. Has anyone heard anything ?

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
We need to ask 4sevens about it.....

I got mine on order, I hope to get it soon.

I think its going to replace my Fenix L1P as my pocket EDC. And I just got a LOP and think thats going to replace my ARC-P...(well maybe I like the arc lol)

tattoou2

Enlightened
I emailed David about a different order I placed last week. I believe he's out of town until tomorrow. If all the new ones come in, I'm sure he's going to be one busy guy.

Reaper

Enlightened
According to the website - T bin. Yes, I pre-ordered one too.

Last edited:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenixp101.jpg

Gotta love that picture :)

underdust said:
I think today was supposed to be the tentative release date. Has anyone heard anything ?

I talked to Fenix. The P1's will ship to me in one week.
It takes 3 days (no kidding) to get from china to me, barring any customs
delays. Everyone will get an automated email indicating shipment :)

tattoou2 said:
I emailed David about a different order I placed last week. I believe he's out of town until tomorrow. If all the new ones come in, I'm sure he's going to be one busy guy.

Yes, I've been out of town on business. I've tried to respond to as
many inquiries as possible, but I'm still catching up. Too bad I
can't respond to emails on the airplane :)

sonofjesse said:
We need to ask 4sevens about it.....
I got mine on order, I hope to get it soon.
I think its going to replace my Fenix L1P as my pocket EDC. And I just got a LOP and think thats going to replace my ARC-P...(well maybe I like the arc lol)

please don't email about it. I'll email you back eventually, but there is no
more news that what I've just said. I'll just say the same thing and it will
contribute to my carpal tunnel :D

The l1p/l2p are being packed to ship to me I hear :)

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
So it looks like the earliest we can expect them would be 24-26 of may :( I was hoping for much sooner since the orginal release date was in april. Be almost june lol...but such is the life of flashlights :p

photorob

Enlightened
That is the whole problem with prereleases. You sit and wait and by the time the light comes out there is 5 other produces to fill that nitch.

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
You would think the company fenix etc would/could send a sample to flashlight reviews so we could "see" runtime and lux readings instead of 1.5 after the inital date, you get the predorder in and then see a review and you might not like and another light just came out thats better.

such is life....

Lemon328i

Newly Enlightened
I don't mind waiting. A good light is a good light and Fenix has a pretty good record of making quality lights at a minimal price. Other than the venerable FF3, I don't see anything else that will be similar in form factor to the P1. In terms of price, it should be well worth the extra wait.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lemon328i said:
I don't mind waiting. A good light is a good light and Fenix has a pretty good record of making quality lights at a minimal price. Other than the venerable FF3, I don't see anything else that will be similar in form factor to the P1. In terms of price, it should be well worth the extra wait.
The Jetbeam Jet-1 with the CR123A body is pretty much identical in size. However the CR123A body will only be available seperately so you'll have to purchase it in addition to the regular AA light. But you can get Tritium if you want. The Pierce M10 is pretty dinky too (slightly shorter, but slightly thicker).

I'm tempted to get a Fenix P1 just for S&Gs because it looks so nice and tiny (and only $50). It's not a light I'd "need" or have a particular use for, but that doesn't mean I don't want one. Maybe I'll wait and see what Miller can do with it first.

Spordin

Enlightened
Looks like they got it backwards. The L1P/L1T makes a decent EDC light, cheap to run, adequate light for everyday tasks, but should be a twist on/off so the clickie doesn't wear out from being clicked all day long. The P1 looks like it might make a decent, if only backup, tactical light, so should be a clickie for quick off/on use.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spordin said:
Looks like they got it backwards. The L1P/L1T makes a decent EDC light, cheap to run, adequate light for everyday tasks, but should be a twist on/off so the clickie doesn't wear out from being clicked all day long. The P1 looks like it might make a decent, if only backup, tactical light, so should be a clickie for quick off/on use.

Well for an EDC, no doubt reliability is very important, but so is convenience. Most people prefer clickies. If a clickie spoils in a few weeks, that's one thing.

But if it eventually wears off in some years, then it's fair and has provided the convenience in that time. Of course, clickies are susceptible to spoiling in other ways too.

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
Any postive news? Anybody get one yet? We still look like another week from getting them by me guessing an ETA.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
sonofjesse said:
Any postive news? Anybody get one yet? We still look like another week from getting them by me guessing an ETA.

I just received the tracking number today. Outbound shipping should begin
in a week. :D

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
4sevens said:
I just received the tracking number today. Outbound shipping should begin in a week. :D

Hi 4sevens,
are the black P1s part of that shipment you're receiving or are they not available yet? I'm interested in the black model but read in another thread or your website that black will be available later. Please advise on availability.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Latest posts