Inova 24-7 and Inova Mini Light

*Bryan*

Enlightened
Re: Inova 24/7 on duty belt?

How about using a tec lok and using the wall mount. Screw the wall mount to the tek loc and that may work for the duty belt

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why not just wear a highly reflective traffic safety vest? I would put on one while directing traffic at accident scenes and such, and they can be stored in the truck by day.

You must have a lot of room on your belt. I try to keep the crap I wear to a minimum and I still have no extra room.

Last edited:

dougmccoy

Enlightened

I made some simple Kydex pager mounts which use a Maxpedition clip to secure it to my duty belt. I have worn my pager using this mount for well over a year with no problems and the pager is easily removed to switch to other belts etc. I'll try to put a picture up if I get a chance when I get home tonight.

Doug

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another thing to consider Primeight is that deuces tend to steer towards the lights. Not sure what state you're in, but here in California the CHP has had a standing order for the last 25 years not to use the lightbar when out on a stop. You may want to favor reflectivity over flashing lights.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast

LowBat said:
Why not just wear a highly reflective traffic safety vest? I would put on one while directing traffic at accident scenes and such, and they can be stored in the truck by day.

You must have a lot of room on your belt. I try to keep the crap I wear to a minimum and I still have no extra room.

A reflective safety vest is a passive safety device, a flashing LED light is an active safety device. If a car does not have it's headlights on (forgot to put them on), have defective headlights, have one burned out, have badly oxidized headlight lenses, the reflective vest is rendered useless. I have proven this to myself on duty.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast

LowBat said:
Another thing to consider Primeight is that deuces tend to steer towards the lights. Not sure what state you're in, but here in California the CHP has had a standing order for the last 25 years not to use the lightbar when out on a stop. You may want to favor reflectivity over flashing lights.

The only people that will steer into lights are SEVERLY incapacitated drivers. We have used a "riser" light system on Highway Patrol cars with great success for many years. This unit is used by NYS MTA Police & TBTA patrol cars, also used by FDNY on there Ford Excursions: http://automotive.whelen.com/static/p333.htm NYPD uses a similar system made by the will-burt company.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast

Primeight said:
I just got the inova 24/7 for my duty belt. I wanted to put somthing that will stand out while doing traffic stops. My department issues the sambrown belt (about 2 1/2 inches)and the clip is too short for the belt. Any suggestions on how to keep it secured on the rear of my belt? Thanks

This works PERFECTLY for me: http://www.stallionleather.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=129

Regards,

John

dougmccoy

Enlightened

As promised here are 2 pictures of the Kydex holder I made for a pager. I'm sure something similar would work equally well for the 24/7. The holder is held in place by a Malice clip. Simple to attach or detach and this particular holder is now well over a year old and is constantly on my duty belt.

DutyBELT019.jpg

DutyBELT001.jpg

Doug

Last edited:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast

John, I've never seen such a lightbar. Could you tell me what the advantage is having one verticle?

Doug, speaking of odd lightbars, do you work for this agency? It's an incident command vehicle for London Ambulance Service. The pic isn't good and it cuts off the lights at the end of the dome, but you can sort of see the dome reflecting off the windshield (windscreen).

ICV.jpg

Last edited:

dougmccoy

Enlightened

Lowbat

I actually work for the East Anglian Ambulance Service as a community paramedic. Basically I operate from a Doctors surgery as a singleton in a marked response car. I'm near the coast in North Norfolk.

In answer to your question about light Bars. AFAIK no UK public agency has blue light bars on any or its cars which can operate vertically as well horizontally. There are however many command vehicles which carry elevating flood lights. In Norfolk and most of the UK all Fire pumps carry this type of elevating flood light.

If you want any more info please pm me?

Primeight,

John2551 seems to have found the perfect solution? Especially if your agency will not allow a mix of materials on your Sam Brown?

The pager clip I made is perfect for the task required and allows the use of the pager's normal carry case. This type of design could be adapted for lots of different things. The use of a Malice clip keeps bulk to a minimum.

Doug

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast

LowBat,

The advantages of the vertical position lightbar is said perfectly on the website: "Riser Lightbars are ideal for accident control, work zones, vehicle breakdown and other situations when it is safest to get a warning signal into an elevated position for visibility." Also, the riser bar is not the only bar on the car, the main bar is a Vector/vision "V" shaped bar & there is also a seperate full arrow stick, also 2 unity spotlights connected to the top of each riser bar for "extra" light when up in the vertical position.

Cars coming up from the rear can see my patrol car from WAY back because the bars rise several feet above the roof-line of the car. The NYPD Highway Patrol have been using "riser" bars for almost 4 decades. I have a picture of a 1967 Plymouth with the "riser" bar. There also is a 1971 Plymouth Fury at the NYPD museum with a very old style riser lightbar made by the Julian A. McDermott Company: http://www.mcdermottlight.com/catalog/multilevel.htm

Regards,​

John​

Last edited:

firefly99

Enlightened
Inova 24/7

I had a Inova 24/7 with all the accessories. Just wondering how waterproof is this light, given it unique switching mechanism. Please advise. Thanks

What usage do you have for this light ?
How often do you use it ?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Inova 24/7

Mind has been throught ice, snow and some pretty mean storms without failure! I've been told that I've been seen from atleast 2.5 miles, since I use when walking or on my bike. It's sad that Inova has decided to kill production of the 24/7.

Chiphead...walking through life at DEFCON-3.

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened

I know some firefighters use it around here to hand from the back of their helmets in order to be seen in a building or on a roadway.

When are they discontinuing them? Guess I better go buy one now.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

With all of the accessories, it's a very versatile light!! GREAT light to keep in the vehicle or emergency kit!!

Headlamp, magnetic, mount the wallmounts on a little wood "A-Frame" to attach the light to for a set down emergency light, all the different modes it has, etc...:thumbsup:

greenLED

Flashaholic

Discontinuing the 24/7? :mecry:

I never really got it wet (or dunked) so I can't attest to it's weatherproofing. I can say, however, that it's a really versatily light. It was my bike strobe light for a long time. The three color strobe is much, much better and brighter than anything else you can use as attention-getter. The other modes are nice to have too, and the size is OK for lugging around.

I have it in my car as emergency light nowdays.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

TMK, Inova is only discontinuing the OD and gray bodied 24/7. The yellow will continue to be manufactured. :)

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened

They are actually bringing back the OD from last we heard. We also have a batch of law enforcement only versions coming in this week (Red/Blue LED's). If anyone is interested that is law enforcement PM or email me for more info.

Thanks,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened

Will they seriously not sell them to non-LEOs? :thumbsdow

That seems pretty silly, if it's the case, given how much other stuff that says "POLICE" all over it IS commercially available to anyone who wants to plunk down the cabbage at Brigade Quartermaster, et al.

I've wondered about whether I should get a 24/7 for use in night skydives.
Does anyone here know if they are appropriate for that? Do they have provisions for being mounted securely somehow/somewhere to a skydive rig's harness?

-Jeffrey

Latest posts