Cree XR-E in KL6 host

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Newbie,
I first noticed that "shaft" in a beam shot of my Ti proto A19XR with GD700:

A19XRE-Beam.jpg

I think you guys are also going to see some illusions on white walls with thes XR-E's. Ihave mentioned it elsewhere but I think a particular ring of what looks like dark is an illusion and not an area of less intensity. I think these LED's have enough flux to overwhelm the eye even in reflected beam return at close distances.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
I think you guys are also going to see some illusions on white walls with thes XR-E's. Ihave mentioned it elsewhere but I think a particular ring of what looks like dark is an illusion and not an area of less intensity. I think these LED's have enough flux to overwhelm the eye even in reflected beam return at close distances.
XR-Es aren't the only ones that can do that. (smirk) It's nice to read that someone else has noticed the affect as well. I don't think it's an illusion, though.

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jar, hey that's a great idea, that's really good at comparing them, it's like fliping lenses for an eye exam back and forth. "this, or this".. lol

wquiles

Flashaholic
NewBie said:
I took your PD photo and A19 XR-E photos and made an animation out of them, enjoy!

pda19xre.gif

(Who turned on the lights???)
NewBie,

How do you actually create this type of animated image? I want to learn :D

Will

marxs

Enlightened
man i cant wait for the cree PD! that cree just over-fluxes the current PD. btw, am i right to guess that the UYAJ PD was on high?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well we strayed a bit off the beaten path here. I just completed a real KL6 mod with the Cree, I'm not just holding the LED behind the reflector like I was here. For the results click here:

KL6 Cree vs. U2

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
CM, your PM inbox is full. Answer is YES. Could you clear out some space so I can send you the full response?

Everyone else: show's over! Move along. :p ;)