MagLite 2C colors?

Niteowl

Enlightened
000_1383.jpg

Blue-Purple-HA-Orange-Red

As usual the colors are a little off.

Nebula

Enlightened
Nite - did your local ano guy do all of those colors? I am interested in learning more about the purple and orange lights. Thanks for sharing the photo. Kirk

Niteowl

Enlightened
Nebula said:
Nite - did your local ano guy do all of those colors? I am interested in learning more about the purple and orange lights. Thanks for sharing the photo. Kirk

The purple and blue are stock. I actually managed to get a decent shot of the purple and blue for another colored 2C thread HERE. My pewter wasn't here for the shot in this thread.

farmall said:
Very nice orange. Could you have more made?

I'm talking to another anodizer and hope to get some samples soon. I wasn't happy with some aspects of the place that did the above work. As for getting some done for other members, that's a remote possibility. If the samples turn out better, I'm hoping to get a 6D done in orange, moderately modify it and call it "Orange Crush". :naughty:

With the place I'm talking to, I'll need to do several to make it $-wise. Problem is, I'm slow as molasses in January (seriously!) when it comes to getting these things done and don't want to get anyone's hopes up. If I do get around to it I'll reference this thread and contact you guys.

farmall

Enlightened
You can get the purple-blue at home depot. They had the dark purple about a year ago. I think that is a variation in the ano process. Maybe the next batch will be closer to purple.

Nebula

Enlightened
farmall said:
You can get the purple-blue at home depot. They had the dark purple about a year ago. I think that is a variation in the ano process. Maybe the next batch will be closer to purple.

Farmall - I just picked up all the remaining blue/purple color 2Cs from five HD locations near my house. I have several Mags of what I will call a "true" purple but no 2Cs. I would love to find a true purple (sort of grape) in a 2C. If anyone has one in excellent shape I would be happy to discuss a trade. Thanks. Kirk

Niteowl

Enlightened
Nebula said:
.......I just picked up all the remaining blue/purple color 2Cs from five HD locations near my house.........

You're mad, quite mad you know......:laughing:

Been there, done that. So how many did you get?

My wife confiscated my last true purple for her nightstand. The others were shipped out some time ago to other CPF'ers. You may have to wait and see if HD gets another run done with the correct hue.

Nebula

Enlightened
Nite - sorry to be so long getting back to this thread. This is a sickness isn't it? I picked up 5 more at the bargain price of $11.98 each, to go with the half dozen I already have. I recently spotted a couple more at my local HD, but resisted the urge. Now I am on the hunt for more D size in the blue/purple and real purple. I want a 2D in the genuine purple so bad I may have a 3D cut down.

BTW - any news on the Orange ano you were discussing with your ano guy? I would love to add an Orange or two to my stock pile. Thanks. Kirk

PS - your sig line - that is one of my favorite songs.

farmall

Enlightened
I bought my purple 2d on ebay from seller allsparestools. it was the grape purple color.

Nebula said:
I want a 2D in the genuine purple so bad I may have a 3D cut down.

Last edited:

Niteowl

Enlightened
Nebula said:
Nite - sorry to be so long getting back to this thread. This is a sickness isn't it? I picked up 5 more at the bargain price of $11.98 each, to go with the half dozen I already have. I recently spotted a couple more at my local HD, but resisted the urge. Now I am on the hunt for more D size in the blue/purple and real purple. I want a 2D in the genuine purple so bad I may have a 3D cut down.

BTW - any news on the Orange ano you were discussing with your ano guy? I would love to add an Orange or two to my stock pile. Thanks. Kirk

PS - your sig line - that is one of my favorite songs.

That $11.98 was hard to pass up. What the heck are you going to do with all them 2C's? I got two more that I'll be dropping off for samples (red/orange) some time this year :laughing:. If they look good I'll let you know.

Nebula

Enlightened
Niteowl said:
That $11.98 was hard to pass up. What the heck are you going to do with all them 2C's? I got two more that I'll be dropping off for samples (red/orange) some time this year :laughing:. If they look good I'll let you know.

All of the special price lights - five blue/purple and six gray went to a fellow cpf'er for some of his very special mods. The rest I have had for a while now so I paid the higher price. At this point I have no clue what to do with them.
thinking.gif

I may have one cut down short enough to use the Fivemega nickel extended tailcap and nickel bezel with a single 18650. There won't be much blue/purple left but it should look nice.

I hope those red/orange colors turn out nice as I would really like to add to my collection. :drool:

Nebula

Enlightened
JimmyM said:
All I can find are pewter, purple, blue, black. No red, or anything else. are they even made?

JM - Not in a very long time. I just picked up a dark green 3C thanks to Download. It came in the original blister pack with a date of 1999. This light was sold in China from what I can tell. I suppose that a fellow CPFer in the far reaches of the world might be able to locate a red one for you. Or we could convice Niteowl to get his plater to make a few more. :grin2:

BTW - if you have a 2C in the genuine purple and not the purple/blue -- and want to part with it let me know. I am very interested. Kirk

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a newly-purchased bluish-purple 2C, and an older (made in USA) purple 2C.
When I look at the color under the head on the older one, it looks a lot like the new one.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
NiteOwl, for some reason CPF craps out on me when I reply to your PM. Is your inbox full? It gives me a database error :(

Niteowl

Enlightened
That's a riot. Try a new PM. Sometimes my browser freezes up when I reply. I cleaned house a couple days ago.

Ha! I just checked and there's a half dozen PM's from you. Got no ntification whatsoever. I'll go back and check them out.

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
Niteowl said:
My wife confiscated my last true purple for her nightstand.

Seems to be a recent rash of spousal confiscations of battery powered devices.:whistle: My better half already had a blue/purple Mag w/ LED, but when she saw several new Mags on my shelf she decided the Copper 2D and Grey 2C belonged to her. Left me with a pair of boring Black 2C's and a confused look on my face...HOW MANY DARN LIGHTS DOES ONE PERSON NEED?!

Paladin

Latest posts