Orlando - Shot Show Events and Experiences

revv11

Newly Enlightened
PSM, nice work on the pictures, especially considering your "challenged" condition at the time. But you must be mistaken about PK's beamshots on the ceiling being a prototype Cree U2 . Where's the doughnut hole?

lolsign.gif

luigi

Enlightened
From another forum I got this about NovaTac's new light:

"WOW! It is about 50 flashlights in one. Ramps up and down, slow and fast strobe, totally programmable via USB, can be momentary as well as on/off. Gorgeous beam. 120-160 lumens! No counting involved to get to various brightness or modes."

Interesting isn't it? Only drawback is that it sounds like a copy of the Indium Smart Idea.

Luigi

Xygen

Enlightened
luigi said:
"WOW! It is about 50 flashlights in one. Ramps up and down, slow and fast strobe, totally programmable via USB, can be momentary as well as on/off. Gorgeous beam. 120-160 lumens! No counting involved to get to various brightness or modes."
Interesting isn't it? Only drawback is that it sounds like a copy of the Indium Smart Idea.
Luigi
Sounds like a fake info...

Xygen

Enlightened
But as I see, PK is still a entertainer!!! Great guy!
But no info on ETA of those new SF lights?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
luigi said:

Luigi

I did see ramping but I definately did not see 120 to 160 lumens. No mention of USB but I did not ask and in my discussion with Novatac I was not at the booth.

-Goatee

luigi

Enlightened
Xygen said:
Sounds like a fake info...

I can't claim the info is 100% accurate but I can tell you it comes from a very trustable person that was at the show, I wouldn't have crossposted it otherwise. It is posted in EDCforums so it is public, I'm not doing anything behind the scenes here.

Luigi

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to share this.

At the party last night, when PK was giving out all of the lights, MilkySpit was called up and he was given a M3T. When PK asked him what he did, he indicated that he was a modder, flashlight designer and... oh yeah he told PK and everyone present...

"I make Surefire lights better." Those were his words not mine. It was hilarious!

Before he left, he had already slapped Q2 binned Cree's in it with a custom driver and was eeking out a steady 200 lumens for 4.5 hours flat. At least I that is what I think will happen to it.

I thought that it was very funny and it was done in good taste.

-Goatee

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xygen said:
But as I see, PK is still a entertainer!!! Great guy!
But no info on ETA of those new SF lights?

If past experience is any indication you should see the new SF lights by late fall or early winter. With any luck they will be out before the next SS.

:lolsign:

KingSmono

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
Everyone walked out with a light, everyone. I got a red A2, heres MilkySpit winning a M3.

Oh man, that makes me sick. :( I wish I could've found the dang room where the party was at!!

Xygen

Enlightened
I would just go outside and look at the windows. The room with flashlightbeams at the ceiling is it. :laughing:
But I'm sorry for you... But I couldn't see the WHOLE show... :mecry:

kfiducia

Newly Enlightened
thats true, the beast (aimed at the ceiling) was providing the majority of the lighting for the event. there were about 3 lamps in the room, but every time someone picked up the beast and was playing with it, it got dark in the room. it was pretty amusing.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)> said:
I do not think that all battery tubes will be backwards compatible based upon a comment made by one of the Novatac representatives. I don't know why this would be the case for anything except for the 18650 tubes.

There was a report that the tubes would incorporate some sort of modular clip. If this true, it could be that the tubes would be a different length to accommodate the modular part.

For example, if this was a little 3mm ring that screwed on in-line to the cap and the tube, it would make sense that the new tubes would be 3mm shorter.

-john

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
AWESOME! PK looks like hes' just plain nuts - the good way! I just gotta go to one of these shows. They said the L5 has a smaller and shorter head? I really want to see that. I guess theres not going to be any black HAIII!

Xygen

Enlightened
KingSmono said:
Oh man, that makes me sick. :( I wish I could've found the dang room where the party was at!!
The party was in the Hospitality Suite at the Rosen Plaza Hotel, not in the convention center. That's the next building north of the cc.

Last edited:

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
Just been speaking to my sister-in-law who lives in Tampa now.

She happened to mention that she had to go to this 'work thing' on Friday in Orlando, called the SHOT show.
faint.gif

She said I would have liked it, it looked like they had lots of flashligts.

She has no idea. I nearly cried.
mecry.gif

Xanteen

Newly Enlightened
>>>>Oh, you can see the Surefire booth in the background with all the new lights we want to see. I was screaming "Show the rest of them for fraks sake!" but the guy in the video must not have heard me.

No, I couldn't hear you, but I am glad you liked my video anyway! I did't realize there would be a CPF party. But working 16 hours everyday to get that stuff posted was... let's say Iraq in July was a lot more fun. I even got a wristband for the Surefire party but couldn't make it.

Anyway, I talked to Henry S. for a while about his new lights, but not being aNovatech afficianado, I didn't know what was new and what was really new. He did pull a little familiarly shaped plastic light out of his pocket to show us, but didn't say anything about keeping it secret. He said it was a lower cost version of the metal bodied EDCs. I photographed the newest EDC that was out on the table, the EDC 120. 120 lumens on high for 30 minutes, 10 lumens for 18+ hours, all on one battery, MSRP $150. Infinitely adjustable 1:1000 ratio with Four user defined presets, and indestructable construction.

EDC1.jpg
EDC2.jpg

I didn't have a chance to look at the Titan at the SF booth, we got a tour of all their tactical products and got bedazzeled by their new suppressors and the MILSPEC Kroma.

KromaMILSPEC1.jpg
KromaMILSPEC2.jpg

I saw a UK company, Premierlight, that made a pretty cheap 1w LED light that ran on 3 'AAA'. Cost was about $30 retail.

PremierLight.jpg

Petzl's little E-Lite was cool. Lots of features in a tiny size. They bill it as a backup light and I'd agree, if only because it uses button cells for power.

E+lite.jpg

I have to admit, though, with all the coolest high-tech lites on display, that my favorite might be Pentagon-Light's MOLLE light. This might be because I cover the military and have MOLLE atachments on lots of my gear, but just the ergonomic shape and the single 'AA' with that self-storing red lens... all for $30. It's no Titan, but again, it's $30 and AA's!

MolleLight1.jpg
MolleLight2.jpg

Then there was the just plain odd. The CRKT Guppy looks like a neat idea that is gunning for a spot at the Museum of Modern Art. It's got a light, wrench, blade, bottle opener, and a set of 4 hex-bit tips all on board and attaches like a 'biner.

guppy.jpg

Something caught my eye at Aimpoint's booth. No flashlights, but some decent headlights...

Aimpoint.jpg

Hope that helps add a little more to the report.

Last edited: