New flashlight of LiteFlux -- LF2

MikieHead

Newly Enlightened
My LF2 is at the POST OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I was only home today, I would have first impressions here now.

I do not have an LOD-CE to compare it to, but I do have a Peak Matterhorn Ultra Snow 3 LED and a 10440 Lithium Ion battery to compare it to!! And try the LithIon battery in the LF2.

I ordered the LF2 so as not to have ANY issues with PWM as even though it is PWM, it is a factor of 10 faster and should NEVER be noticable. Also with the use programmable feature, I can set a really LOW LOW (5%), for menu's in resturants and still get the HIGHest setting also.....................

Check back tomorrow for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Khoo, ask Liteflux to come out with some Natural HA Type III finishes and I'll be all over it :D Still no news on you offering the LF2s in the Dealers section?

Mikiehead, I look forward to your review too.

ydna

Newly Enlightened
I've LF2 in hand. First impression is good build quality. It produce a floody beam, no hot spot, similar to CR2 ion. It'll take you some time to familiarize with the position of P1 and P2. After that, you can control your LF2 easily. IMHO, there should be some mechanism to indicate where you're in P1 or P2. It may be a problem when you use your light in dark.
And one more thing I notice is the output is not as good as other CREE base flashlight. The max output where using 10440 may be only a half of Fenix L0Dce(7xlm, 8xlm? just a wild guess, no accurate measurement). But it is already very bright.
ps. my LF2 has already updated the firmware to fix the output problem when use LiIon cell.
I really like the milky diffuser attached on the head. And tighten to turn off the light so that no more falling head when attach to keyring.

Last edited:

antc_tw2002

Newly Enlightened
Here are some pics
145f18e27be5a5.jpg

145f18e288b163.jpg

145f193458fffb.jpg

145f1934722233.jpg

145f1934622228.jpg

Beamshot[F5.0 T1s]
145f18e2a6dcdb.jpg

145f18e322983b.jpg

145f18e371865f.jpg

145f18e3ae09aa.jpg

LED Cool

Enlightened
my shipment should be here tomorrow morning.

i just got off the phone with LiteFlux and they told me that in order to have a good electrical and mechanical contact, every internal components of the LF2 were ultra-sonic cleaned before being assembled. wow!

i am waiting for the LF2 as i have promised LiteFlux to translate the chinese operation manual into english. i just feel that with a LF2 in my hands to play with, i could have a much better understanding of the UI and its operation manual. therefore allowing me to do a better translation or add further clarification and explaination which LiteFlux may have miss out.

khoo

ydna

Newly Enlightened
The finishing of both LF2 and L0D are very good. The differences I notified are UI, output, beam pattern and length.
LF2 is a tiny and powerful light. Great functions and you can make total control of the light. Floody beam for best close range duty.
While L0Dce keeps the UI simple, and make me belived it may be more reliable.
I'm a little afraid of the realiability of machinical switch and circuit towards LF2.

I'm like LF2 more because of the functions and good beam pattern. But L0Dce is also a good choice if you want simple thing.
gunga said:
ydna, any other thoughts on LF2 vs LOD CE?

LED Cool

Enlightened
hi phredd,

that is just the quick start guide. there is a detailed version in chinese which explains in more details about the individual operation mode and extra functions.

khoo

Calina

Enlightened
Phredd said:

I just read the booklet. I find the text is a bit confusing. I understood the U.I. but there is no doubt that it could be written more clearly.

It would be nice to have a picture that shows P1 and P2 positions. I hope the positions are clearly visible on the light. Mechanical indexation would certainly be helpful. If I read correctly, this is lacking.

A quick fix (not ideal but better than nothing) would be two GITD (glow in the dark) dots.

Calina

Enlightened
If one of the happy fews who have seen this light would be kind enough to make a run time chart, I'm sure fellows here would appreciate. I know I would!

MikieHead

Newly Enlightened
After a few days of playing with the UI on my LF2 I am very impressed!! The light produces a smooth large beam, without a noticable hotspot, so there is a large usable area...............

I wanted to be able to get a very LOW LOW for use in places like a resturant to help read the menu but not be 'noticed', and you can do that with the programmable LOW. Even at the LOWEST setting, I can not detect any flicker!! The fit, finish and all actions are very good.

As far as the brightness in real life outdoors, on NiMh batteries it seems about 3X brighter than my Peak Matterhorn Ultra Snow 3 LED and about 2X as bright as my Fenix E1. When using a Lithium Ion battery the LF2 of course is SIGNIFICANTLY brighter, and it does not get hot in 20 seconds like the PEAK :>) (I do not have a way to objectively measure, but am sure others that can will soon one in hand soon!!!) I have ordered more Lithium Ion batteries so I can do a side by side comparison. When I am able to compare it to the LOD-CE I will post my observations. As the beamshots earlier in this thread suggest, it may not be AS bright as the LOD-CE, but I was looking for the USER programmable settings and NO FLICKER and it delivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ydna

Newly Enlightened
MikieHead said:
After a few days of playing with the UI on my LF2 I am very impressed!! The light produces a smooth large beam, without a noticable hotspot, so there is a large usable area...............

I wanted to be able to get a very LOW LOW for use in places like a resturant to help read the menu but not be 'noticed', and you can do that with the programmable LOW. Even at the LOWEST setting, I can not detect any flicker!! The fit, finish and all actions are very good.

As far as the brightness in real life outdoors, on NiMh batteries it seems about 3X brighter than my Peak Matterhorn Ultra Snow 3 LED and about 2X as bright as my Fenix E1. When using a Lithium Ion battery the LF2 of course is SIGNIFICANTLY brighter, and it does not get hot in 20 seconds like the PEAK :>) (I do not have a way to objectively measure, but am sure others that can will soon one in hand soon!!!) I have ordered more Lithium Ion batteries so I can do a side by side comparison. When I am able to compare it to the LOD-CE I will post my observations. As the beamshots earlier in this thread suggest, it may not be AS bright as the LOD-CE, but I was looking for the USER programmable settings and NO FLICKER and it delivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally agree with you! :rock:
The only problem I notice right now is the lack of indication in P1 or P2. But it can still be controlled easily due to off -> P1 is 1/4 turn and P1 -> P2 is also 1/4 turn.

gunga

Flashaholic
Did you find it okay to learn the programming? How about manual mode? I know you can program 2 settings, but if you want somthing in between (or 100%) I suppose you could just switch to manual mode, if you remember how.

I'm currently debating this vs the L0D CE, just like many others. Pretty costly tho. Do you guys think it's worth the $12 premium?

MikieHead

Newly Enlightened
gunga said:
Did you find it okay to learn the programming? How about manual mode? I know you can program 2 settings, but if you want somthing in between (or 100%) I suppose you could just switch to manual mode, if you remember how.

I'm currently debating this vs the L0D CE, just like many others. Pretty costly tho. Do you guys think it's worth the $12 premium?

The UI seemed intimidating at first, but after you 'play' with it for 15 or 20 minutes, it is not bad at all. I think the technology is GREAT. If you did not use it for a month, you might have to 'hunt' around for the right sequence, but if you make a mistake, you just start again as it only takes a few seconds. It has the ability to be 'reset' if you have changed everything while you were learning. I may put a 'DOT' of clear CA (glue) to mark the 1/4 and 1/2 turn, but you do get used to it......

I think the $12 premium is worth it depending on what you want. For me, the programable low was well worth it as it keeps me from taking my glasses in to a nice resturant (getting old AAHHH!!!) and still can be pretty bright if/when you need it (out for a walk, on my bike helmut). Every time I went to use ANY of the other lights I had in a resturant, I found myself cupping the light, or lowering the menu under the table....... Now I think I will have to wait to use it as my friends grab it out of my hand!!! And no one around us will know since I have it lowered to almost the LOWEST setting.