HDS 2700k, 3000k, 3500k, and 4000k which to get?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I opened this so people could discuss here which tint they would prefer when deciding for the group buy.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
All,

If you cannot make up your mind for Hogo's newest group buy here are all the emitters compared (albeit in different lights) All are 219C R9050. 2700k 3000k, 3500k, and 4000k. Please take these color temps with some broad strokes and dont worry about minor tint either, there will be variations as these are in different lights!

UjSoYwX.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
All,

If you cannot make up your mind for Hogo's newest group buy here are all the emitters compared (albeit in different lights) All are 219C R9050. 2700k 3000k, 3500k, and 4000k. Please take these color temps with some broad strokes and dont worry about minor tint either, there will be variations as these are in different lights!

Awsome! Thank you staticx57!

moltenmag

Enlightened
All,

UjSoYwX.jpg

Definitely helped validate my choice of 2700k. Go warm... or go home! Super stoked about my HDS candlelight...

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
Good comparison photo. It would be interesting to see the exact same photo with only the 2700k. I'll bet it would appear much whiter.

I struggled between the 2700 and the 3000. Initially I was going to go 2700, but the 3000 seems to have better color accuracy and will also be a more versatile light- so that's what I went for. I didn't want my first HDS to be a one trick pony. I'll probably second guess that decision forever!

Jeff S.

Newly Enlightened
Which tint amongst the four listed is the most "rosy." Which brings out reds (R9) the best? Thanks

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good comparison photo. It would be interesting to see the exact same photo with only the 2700k. I'll bet it would appear much whiter.

I struggled between the 2700 and the 3000. Initially I was going to go 2700, but the 3000 seems to have better color accuracy and will also be a more versatile light- so that's what I went for. I didn't want my first HDS to be a one trick pony. I'll probably second guess that decision forever!

A camera by default will do it's best to make a singular white source appear neutral white. Taking a picture of just one wouldn't do any good. I adjusted the white balance and tint to best match what I saw.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which tint amongst the four listed is the most "rosy." Which brings out reds (R9) the best? Thanks

Which has the best R9? The high noon ;)

Out of all these they all have R9s in the mid 70s except the 2700k which I measured in the mid 50s. My eye supports my i1 Pros reading as it looks yellower than you think 2700k should.

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
A camera by default will do it's best to make a singular white source appear neutral white. Taking a picture of just one wouldn't do any good. I adjusted the white balance and tint to best match what I saw.

I recently bought some warm LED nightlights, that are advertised as being 2700-3200. I plugged one in- in a dark room, and my wife commented that they didn't look very warm. I grabbed another (very cool) LED nightlight that we were already using, and plugged it in next to the new warm one, and suddenly the warm one looked very warm!
Relativity.....

tongkang

Newly Enlightened
Hi..can u please add incan light please?

All,

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The interest is big, currently there are

9 2700K
13 3000K
5 3500K
11 4000K

subscribers. I understand the high demand of this type of light. The 219C is a great LED. I love my High Noon and 3 o clock Rotary.

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but there are only limited quantities of each LED, and there is more demand than quantity.

Therefore, there are people who are not getting a light. Right?

TheJLew85

Enlightened
Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but there are only limited quantities of each LED, and there is more demand than quantity.

Therefore, there are people who are not getting a light. Right?

Copied from Hogo.

"The sign up ends on May 31. From June 1 to June 7, you will have to put a $20 deposit. That is to cover any extra emitters I may have to buy. I don't want anyone left out who wants one."

"If there is more demand than what I have in LEDs, then I will try to order more at the start of June... if they are still available, otherwise preference goes to those who were in group buys in the past."

Last edited:

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
Copied from Hogo. This is the hope I am hanging on to...

"The sign up ends on May 31. From June 1 to June 7, you will have to put a $20 deposit. That is to cover any extra emitters I may have to buy. I don't want anyone left out who wants one, but I also won't deal with changes."

OK, thanks.

I have a Rotary Nichia which must have been one of the last lights Henry made prior to the parts/materials supply problems.

I use this light more than any other as it is very versatile. If you forced me to have only one light, this would be it. I am tempted to buy another just in case.

Trying to decide which one is complicated.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really hope everyone is able to the the light with the prefered LED.

From my side I'd have a few 219C LEDs in 2700K, 3000K, 3500K ad 4000Kfrom Virence. If everything went wrong I'd pass this LEDs to hogo. I only have 3or 4 of each, but if it helps.... I'd do it.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really hope everyone is able to the the light with the prefered LED.

From my side I'd have a few 219C LEDs in 2700K, 3000K, 3500K ad 4000Kfrom Virence. If everything went wrong I'd pass this LEDs to hogo. I only have 3or 4 of each, but if it helps.... I'd do it.

And this right here, is what makes CPF worth coming to. Thank you WarriorOfLight. You sir, and those here like you, are what makes this a great community! Kudos to you!

I don't think it will be necessary, but I, and I'm sure many here, greatly appreciate your offer!

Robe

Enlightened
Torn between 3000k and 3500k... What to do???

Hopefully there is enough to go around...

Torn between 2700 and 3000. Have a 4K rotary and it's beautiful. The warmer 3k might be what I love the most but the chance at a 2700 is so appealing, just to at least see, I can't pass up the chance. So I went 2700.

If I went 3000x I'd wonder what the 2700 was like. If I went 2700, perhaps I may have liked 3000 more, if I had both, but I still do have the 4K.

Choices!

jdboy

Enlightened
What will the output on these be set at, 200 lumen? I've skimmed the threads trying to figure this out but I may have just missed it.

EDIT: I found the info I was after on the HDS website, 200 lumens. And my search continues.

Last edited: