looking for a bright bikelight for my ebike

papablessup

Newly Enlightened
perhaps 2000-3000lumens that can be mounted and connected to battery pack or ebike.

gewe

Newly Enlightened
IMHO the Focal Series is missing some things (or has too many things) to make it a real e-bike headlight.

1. It doesn't run off the e-bike battery. Carrying a second battery on an e-bike doesn't make sense, plus now you can not control the light from the e-bike console.

2. It has a n on/off switch, which is not needed on an e-bike (well, at least on a lot of them). The lights are controlled with a switch on the e-bike console.

3. It does not have a fixed mount, making it an easy target for thieves. Or you have to carry you light with you, like we did with a car radio a few decades ago. A B&M compatible mount would be perfect.

4. I has several modes, including flashing. There is only one mode necessary: the highest output. Besides, where I live (Netherlands) according to the traffic regulations it is not allowed to have flashing lights on a bicycle.

If Outbound Lighting manages to produce a version that has one mode (StVZO compliant), no switch, a B&M compatible mount, accept a DC input between 6 and 60 V, they have the perfect light. Depending on the price, I would want one, to replace the B&M light (which is bright enough, but has very uneven light distribution and a bit too narrow a beam).

angerdan

Enlightened
IMHO the Focal Series is missing some things (or has too many things) to make it a real e-bike headlight.
If Outbound Lighting manages to produce a version that has one mode (StVZO compliant), no switch, a B&M compatible mount, accept a DC input between 6 and 60 V, they have the perfect light. Depending on the price, I would want one, to replace the B&M light (which is bright enough, but has very uneven light distribution and a bit too narrow a beam).
I'm with you on all points.
Since the TO hasn't been active in the forum since his first and lst post, we can only guess what will happen to this thread.
For other readsers, the Supernova M99 series bicycle lights are especially designed for pedelcs (ebikes). As well as the Lupine SL series.

gewe

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I know the Supernova M99 series. Great lights, but very expensive. Unfortunately only the M99 PRO (designed for 45 km/h speed pedelecs) can handle an input voltage above 12 V. My 25 km/h e-bike has 42 V on the light output, so I can't use the less expensive M99 Mini. Lupine has the SL for Bosch, Brose, Yamaha and Shimano systems. My e-bike has a Panasonic system. So that leaves B&M to choose from. :)

drexter

Newly Enlightened
I have the Supernova M99 Pure. Its light pattern is wide which is good.

gewe

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately for me, it only runs on 6V DC (or 12V DC for the M99 Pure+), not the 42V DC by e-bike has on the light output.