Exolion Ti CR2 Flashlight - Interest List

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
arewethereyetdad said:
Yes, I would like one. Serial no. 3, please. Although I'm not a huge fan of pre-pays. Can you provide an ETA of estimated hurdle dates?

Hi Troy,

I can't give you ETAs right at this moment, but I can say that it WILL be definitely 6 weeks or less from the time I take the 50% deposit to when you get your flashlight. I don't want to drag this on anymore than you do.. :)

OK, sounds good to me, Greg. Knowing it's you runnin' the show makes me very comfortable. :thumbsup:

gregw said:
Hi Troy,

I can't give you ETAs right at this moment, but I can say that it WILL be definitely 6 weeks or less from the time I take the 50% deposit to when you get your flashlight. I don't want to drag this on anymore than you do.. :)

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
arewethereyetdad said:
OK, sounds good to me, Greg. Knowing it's you runnin' the show makes me very comfortable. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :eek:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like #23 if possible. If an approximation of when the 50% would be (within a month or two maybe)due could be made that would be a big help since I'm gonna have to scrape up cash here and there.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi said:
I'd like #23 if possible. If an approximation of when the 50% would be (within a month or two maybe)due could be made that would be a big help since I'm gonna have to scrape up cash here and there.

There are basically two dependancies..
1. How the prototypes turn out. I will need to do testing once I have them in hand. This can take as little as a few days to as much as two/three weeks, depending on the problems that are encountered.

2. How many people have expressed interest on this list. If there is 50 or more potential orders, then that will be a go on this run.

I would give a very very rough estimation that you can expect to have to cough up the 50% deposit between two weeks to 1 month from now, but don't hold me to it...

Last edited:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edited after I read your response reguarding two stage.

I'd also like to say that I agree that having you at the wheel is quite comforting.

Last edited:

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi said:
I agree with this. 3 Levels gets frustrating with all the twisting, even on my reverse clicky lux 3 fenix with a pic , I switched from using 3 levels to two levels. Keep in mind that clicks are alot easier than twists.

I'm one of those that has moved over to the KISS camp having overcome being dazzled by as many options as possible.

Then again design by comitee sucks, too. Especially for the man with the plan.:wave:

Just think of the Exolion as an opposite to the CR2 Ion.. :) Different approach in a very similar sized package, with a significantly lower price for a Ti body. :laughing:

Exolion:
three levels with user settable middle level
has throw, but still has usable corona
uses protected RCR2/possible use of Lithium CR2 for emergencies

CR2 Ion:
simple two level
even flood
only uses Lithium CR2

Last edited:

Sengoku

Enlightened
Number 11 for me please!
Wouldnt copper or even alu be better for the heatsink?
Seems like alot of work just to get on high mode...

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sengoku said:
Number 11 for me please!
Wouldnt copper or even alu be better for the heatsink?
Seems like alot of work just to get on high mode...

You might be right about copper... I'll need to check and get it changed if that is the case...

In my experience, I don't often use high, so I thought that doing three twists would be acceptable.. Note that you can set the middle level the same as high if you want, so it will only take two twists to get to high.

-- edit --
"Can" changed to Copper from Brass.. :)

Last edited:

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interested, but I'm not thrilled by the crenulated front end. Any plans to offer a standard flat end?

ibcj

Enlightened
Please put me down for #9.

Would this be able to run on a Duracell CR2 ?

I've seen beamshots from another small light with a crenulated bezel and the beamshot is definitely altered. I have a McLux - T, and the beam pattern is nice and circular.
I'm not sure you can answer this right now but, will the bezel affect the beam or are you working towards a circular beam pattern ?

nystrpr said:
Please put me down for #9.
I'm not sure you can answer this right now but, will the bezel affect the beam or are you working towards a circular beam pattern ?

It would appear from the blueprints that gregw's crenallated bezel is similar in design to McGizmo's, with flared back edges, that would allow for a circular beam pattern.

Amorphous

Enlightened
NICE!! :takeit:

Please reserve #18

IMHO, there are too many twisties.. would like to know if you will do a push button ON/OFF/user adjustable level Ti light?

Thanks