Exolion Ti CR2 Flashlight - Interest List

sideman7

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested as well. SN not important to me. I would like to see an actual prototype before committing money though...

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice gregw
Please put me down for number 100. Hopefully it will be a couple of weeks after SS to get some funds together.

mut

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
bmstrong - I'm going to be offering only one design. I don't think there is enough demand to make a separate run with a "flat" end.

nystrpr - I'm going to make sure that the beam will be nice and circular. The length of the crenallated bezel in the drawing is still preliminary and may be reduced for a better beam, and more comfortable pocket carry. Primary CR2 batteries can be used in an emergency, but note that the light level will be significantly lower as it will be in direct drive. :)

arewethereyetdad - Thanks for stepping in with the answer. You're right on!

Amorphous - I did look to see if I could do a clickie, but the problem is that it will add significantly to the size, and there is the potential problem with long term reliability.

sideman7 - There will definitely be more photos and information once I have the prototype in hand. I definitely won't be taking deposits until I have resolved all technical issues and finalized the design.

Last edited:

dbedit

Newly Enlightened
Greg,
I am in for one for sure the SN as low as possible. I am concerned a bit about the bezel. The crenulated bezel that I have carried on keys dig into my leg a bit but like the option.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
dbedit said:
Greg,
I am in for one for sure the SN as low as possible. I am concerned a bit about the bezel. The crenulated bezel that I have carried on keys dig into my leg a bit but like the option.

The prototype testing will help me determine if the bezel needs to be shortened for more comfortable pocket carry. In any case, these will not be sharp and should not cause discomfort.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ICUDoc said:
Hi

Serial #67 for me would be good thanks!!!
Any chance of a 123-sized version??

No plans for a 123-sized version right now, but anything is possible after this run is completed. If there is significant demand for a run of 123-sized or 2x AA body for use with a Kroll clickie, then I may do a run of those.. :)

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
gregw said:
In my experience, I don't often use high, so I thought that doing three twists would be acceptable.. Note that you can set the middle level the same as high if you want, so it will only take two twists to get to high.

Hey Greg, will this be one of the 'pic' type boards with LDO/PWM regulation? If so , does that mean that even though there are 3 twists to 'High' (<.8 sec between each twist) one more twist (after >.8 sec) gets you to 'Off'?

Also, please make the emitter end user swappable:naughty:. Not much point to a light that will last 300 years if it seems obsolete in 3. Sorry if this was already mentioned, the TLTL syndrome is acting up (Too Lazy To Look).

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi said:
Hey Greg, will this be one of the 'pic' type boards with LDO/PWM regulation? If so , does that mean that even though there are 3 twists to 'High' (<.8 sec between each twist) one more twist (after >.8 sec) gets you to 'Off'?

Also, please make the emitter end user swappable:naughty:. Not much point to a light that will last 300 years if it seems obsolete in 3. Sorry if this was already mentioned, the TLTL syndrome is acting up (Too Lazy To Look).

Hi xochi, yes, you got it right regarding the board. It is an LDO/PWM regulated board. However, the interface on my custom board has been simplified from the standard interfaces offered by the POP2 or the FluPIC.

For each On/Off less than 0.8 seconds, this one goes from Low, Middle, High, then Low, Middle and High again, then on the 7th twist, it will be for user setting of the middle level. After that, it resets and goes back to the first twist and comes on at Low again. Also, anytime that you leave the light on for more than 0.8 seconds, the interface will have reset and goes back to the first twist on the next turn on, coming on at Low. Very simple.. :)

The emitter should be user swappable. You will just need to unsolder two points, and the emitter can then be taken off without any problems.. I'll be using Artic Alumina for good thermal contact between the emitter to the board.

Last edited:

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
G: Thanks for the reply. Thought as much. I'm out on this one. Good luck, and enjoy!

aosty

Enlightened
Amorphous said:
IMHO, there are too many twisties.. would like to know if you will do a push button ON/OFF/user adjustable level Ti light?

I'd also be much more interested if it was a clicky instead of another twisty. Looks cooool though!