New Wildcat vs the V6 Wildcat differences?

Cree XHP 70 LED

Newly Enlightened
I sold my V6 Wildcat a year or so ago and am looking at buying the new version currently available. I guess V7? Anyone who has both of these can you tell me the difference between them? I like the 4000k versions. Just received my 4000k Hound Dog Super and need a flooder to go with it.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
sure they are pretty much exactly the the spec put the V6 way above V7 but no way can I tell. The V7 is no where near as battery hungry and doesn't get anywhere near as hot.I like the form fact of V6 much better with the small head but to each there own. another cool thing about V7 is you can take the diffuser film off and you get a huge hotspot with more throw. That's actually how I run mine now. short answer beam and output are basically the same

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya he's using a tir in it like his 18650 HD. So the film is needed for a really wide beam. But trust me try it without it and I think you'll be impressed.

Cree XHP 70 LED

Newly Enlightened
Does it just easily peel off, and then not replaceable? I'm about to pull the trigger. I just don't want to remove the diffuser and then it not be floody like the V6.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
No it's a .010 think piece of film. Easy on easy off. No adhesive or anything like that

thermal guy

Flashaholic
1637528831624.png

This is V7 no film

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes. With the film on you have a huge view no hotspot at all. I find I like a little more throw then it offers so I go without it. Still a big area of light but double the throw.

CHNeal

Enlightened
Yes. With the film on you have a huge view no hotspot at all. I find I like a little more throw then it offers so I go without it. Still a big area of light but double the throw.
Ran my wife's Wildcat w/ out film on my walk to work this morning. Fantastic light for that application. I sure seemed to me that it out threw the M91t I had with along as well. HUGE hot spot and beautiful spill. Only thing my MD3/M91T has on it is it's much more pocketable.
Every time I think I've found the best hike light for me one of you guys gives me something else to try!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ran my wife's Wildcat w/ out film on my walk to work this morning. Fantastic light for that application. I sure seemed to me that it out threw the M91t I had with along as well. HUGE hot spot and beautiful spill. Only thing my MD3/M91T has on it is it's much more pocketable.
Every time I think I've found the best hike light for me one of you guys gives me something else to try!
Ya it makes a great walking light. Some of the tails I go down are pretty narrow and with super floody lights you get alot of light kickback off the sides. Used without the film I can see down The Whole trail and still have plenty of side view.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Thanks to this thread I have a neutral 18650 WC on the way. I still currently own the V5 WC with the MT-G2 emitter. Thing is a beast, 1600L at turn on, 1400 continuous.