1,290,000 CD Flashlight (non-aspherical)

banana boat

Newly Enlightened
I was actually going to pre order this light when i first heard about it a while back but i tried and tried and couldnt get the sign up to work over at BLF oh well guess thats a sign i dont need another light :(

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
I'm signed up for one. This is simply the coolest light I've ever seen. And at that price I just had to join the group buy.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi bondr006,

We are not suppose to post external links here unless its to an approved store. All of the purchase information is pinned in the top comment in the youtube video though :)

ank

Newly Enlightened
XHP 35 ? Isn't this LED a bit outdated ?
There's XHP 50 and XHP 70 now

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
XHP 35 ? Isn't this LED a bit outdated ?
There's XHP 50 and XHP 70 now

Not sure if serious, but those aren't new versions of the same emitter. They're more like siblings in the same family. The XHP35 is the smallest, most intense XHP-series emitter. The XHP50 is a bit larger but still somewhat "normal" sized, roughly equivalent to the XM-L2 in size, then the XHP70 is a big fat monster that makes the most output, but also has the least intense focus so its more suited for floody beam shapes. The XHP35 HI is most definitely the right choice for a light built as a thrower.

ank

Newly Enlightened
ok but this led is like 5 years old. Isn't there any newer and more efficient one out there by now?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the best-throwing LEDs are older LEDs. XHP35 HI, XPG2, and Oslon Black Flat are all older.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are you getting 5 years from? It was announced in mid 2015.

Fresh Light

Enlightened
It's actually the xhp50 and xhp70 that are outdated. Several months ago the xph50.2 and xhp70.2 were released. There isn't yet an xhp35.2 as far as I know. This light is using the same LED as the TN42 and it just about doubles the lux of that light. I had an original Olight SR90 and I remember it being around 125K lux and less lumens. I could pretty easily turn off street lights with that light. This is 10x the lux of the big Olight. I've got my paid order in already and look forward to this beast.

Latest posts