#1 FOURSEVENS Knight and Paladin - PK collaboration!

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Re: FOURSEVENS Knight and Paladin - PK collaboration!

Nice collaboration! The blue is a real beaut! One thing tho, too bad the clip isn't a bit more "deep pocket". Seems that a lot may be sticking out of the pocket(?) Could we see a pic, head down, in a pocket?

Robone

Newly Enlightened

So is the titanium coating just as durable as hard ano? I assume it's aluminum under the coating?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

It only says the blue one has a PVD coating, and I believe that is just for the color.

No. It's a proprietary PVD coating on titanium. The light is constructed out of titanium. PVD coating is not as tough as type 3 annodizing. But the supplier does the PVD coating for lots of injection molding customers for extended wear. We're doing it just for the cool blue factor :)

Robone

Newly Enlightened

No. It's a proprietary PVD coating on titanium. The light is constructed out of titanium. PVD coating is not as tough as type 3 annodizing. But the supplier does the PVD coating for lots of injection molding customers for extended wear. We're doing it just for the cool blue factor :)
Ahh ! I get it now. The PVD is on the blue one not the polished one. I was confused when on the order page it lists the polished one as PVD as well. So it's just polished Ti , no coating. Site lists it as PVD Polished titanium finish. Thanks David !?

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fingers crossed for a copper and brass Preon 1/2. Maybe even a longer bezel on the tail cap so it doesn't accidentally activate.

Another idea for limited edition Preons. Offer a kit that includes both P1 and P2 bodies and tails.
I just noticed that only titanium and tuxedo was available for the P2 with black on backorder no mention of any other colors. Only blue available for the P1 with black on backorder. I'm wondering if there's going to be a slight revamp of the Preon line. I hope nothing major as the Preons look great as is. They just need a taller bezel for the tail switch, or shorter button, and a better clip (like the Dark Sucks Ti clip).

Edit: Oh yeah, and XP-L (4000k), and maybe a TIR optic.

Edit again: If you guys were going to put the old model Preon 2 Ti/tux on clearance today is the day, not that I don't check it everyday, multiple times, for no reason at all. I continue to check that page at least daily even when it's been months between new posting. BTW, I still feel a little cheated we didn't get a sneak peek at next week's new/upgraded product.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D

So the polished a titanium is solid titanium except for the clip, and bezel striker, also, there is one knurled ring an off color is this Stainless steel? To go with fastening the the strike bezel?

Also, what grade of titanium is the polished model?

a McGizmo 25 clip would work great with this with a Stainless split ring.

Thanks, I may I may buy the blue bezel for some color but how long will the coating hold up in pocket Carry, and I know that is a difficult question to answer?

Overall these are very beautifully styled, and I love single CR123/CR2 lights. I would love a CR2 version of this in Ti.,witw no clip or bezel!

I am now noticing no lanyard attachment. As I did mention a different clip method above?

And if you want the special edition polished Titanium you only get the light, and have to buy the bezel, clip and retaining ring as accessories?

And, you only get the light buy itself with out these items included, if you wish, is this correct.

Thank you,

RL

Last edited:

creaker

Newly Enlightened
Would you be willing to release the production numbers on the Paladins (other than "very, very limited")? :)

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you be willing to release the production numbers on the Paladins (other than "very, very limited")? :)
That's why I like numbered versions on limited models, and it is far from any logistical nightmare, as the company which does the logo, would simply add the numbers at that time. No logistics involved here. It's just a nice little touch to know you have a numbered light.

Will any be be numbered, snip ?

Sorry they will not be numbered. It's a logistical nightmare dealing with number requests :p

That's why I like numbered versions on limited models, and it is far from any logistical nightmare, as the company which does the logo, would simply add the numbers at that time. No logistics involved here. It's just a nice little touch to know you have a numbered light.

Asked and answered, RedLed. :rolleyes: The nightmare is dealing with the requests for a specific number. Even if FourSevens were to state they will not provide a specific number, lots of people will still call and/or write requesting one. Believe it or not, some people just won't understand the reason. :)

~ Chance

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well then, how come all the titanium Quark MiNis CR2 and 123 models were numbered I have numbers 177 and 178, on the CR2 models? Adding numbers to products is not a logistical nightmare, that's just totally wrong in thinking that. It would be done when the logos are etched, again that is not logistics

Also, when they issued the original MiNi lights you received what was sent. There were no special requests requests, so no logistical nightmare.

They also offered free batteries for life when you bought one of those Quark MiNi models, others out there will know exactly what I am talking about. However, that promotion was a disaster. Search it for for self....and you will see all of what I am talking about.

Please look it up and get back to us. Here is one link. Which no longer seems to work:www.candlepowerforums.com/.../showthread.php?...MiNi...Titanium...l

So search: 47 Titanium Mini review.

And it comes up with some other reviews of the times. Almost 6 years ago. From 1-1-10 before you were a member of the forum.

And this great review will show you. The CR 123 models were numbered also. 47's Quark MiNi AA Titanium Neutral White Comparison Review. All numbered!

I have many numbered lights. From companies that were not any problems at all?

www.candlepowerforums.com/.../showthread.php?...MiNi...Titanium...

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you mean let it go? I was done with the topic on 11-5, only for it to appear today in a most insulting format of incorrect quotes, by a different forum member than yourself.

The company did it a few years ago, I and hoped they would come back with something like that again. Thought that it was a really nice touch, that's all.

I only pointed out some some facts of what the company did in the past, that I happend to like. I am entitled to express my feelings and wishes for something about a light I have carried every day since I received it and have spares for all the titanium models with all the battery options.

Anong many other foursevens products, I am a good customer, and a customer, that is what I am, can desire certain things they like or liked about past or current lights, that what a forum is for. To exchange ideas and provide a manufacturer with feedback. All companies want and need feedback from users to be a leader in their respective fields

www.candlepowerforums.com/.../showthread.php?...MiNi...Titanium... Link does not work, maybe I am doing something wrong. This is the thread which is better found by searching :47's Titanium Mini, or 47's Titanium Mini Review. Back then they went by "47's'"not present day "Foursevens." I do not need to be put down by people like yourself.

Frankly, I think your post is a little out is out of line, as some newer members may like to know more of the company's history with this single cell style of light?

I never said the lack of serial numbers would change my mind on purchasing some the new titanium lights.

However, the post made earlier today, by a different member, with all my quotes, which are all incorrect on his part, were not fact checked by him at all, and the content of the post and quotes are, just silly and needless, Also, again before you do what he did he needs to check the facts, by doing a search to the reviews of the day, Before insulting a loyal Foursevens Customer.

If the company chose to go in another direction, that's fine. No problem.

Sincerely yours,

RL
Foursevens Customer

Last edited:
Here are some beautiful lights you can't buy anymore. Don't let that happen to you with the Paladins.
nX6Hpss.jpg

Last edited:

lumenati

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Foursevens for bringing out the Knight, along with the Limited Edition Paladins! They are beautiful. Your style, innovation and quality has had me hooked since your beginning and these latest offerings are testament to the continuation of those ideals.

CPF - I thought for sure that I had over 100 posts. Plus my profile pic is missing and I am 'unenlightened'. It has been several months since I have commented so I assume there is a penalty of sorts. : (

Last edited:

lumenati

Newly Enlightened

Just ordered a Paladin, Blue!
25 lumens for 30 hours - awesome! 600 lumens with lithium rechargeable - awesomer!
Hoping it arrives on Wednesday, in time for passing around the Thanksgiving dinner table. : )

Last edited:

lumenati

Newly Enlightened

Nice collaboration! The blue is a real beaut! One thing tho, too bad the clip isn't a bit more "deep pocket". Seems that a lot may be sticking out of the pocket(?) Could we see a pic, head down, in a pocket?

According to the video it can be reversed and attached to the head, behind the bezel. That may work for you but it will be head up.