1kW Xenon Arc Tank Light

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The biggest EDC yet! The bad news is you will need someone to help carry you key ring around. :crackup:

Great job on this and excellent beam pics! :kewlpics:

Paul

larryk

Enlightened
Very, very nice. When your neighbors stop talking to you, and start putting there homes up for sale, I'll buy it from you. Larry.

lotsalumens

Enlightened
Ralph,

Did yours come from that surplus dealer in Texas? If so then you are correct, I bought their first one. Unfortunately they did not want to separate mine and ship UPS. The truck freight shipping ended up costing almost as much as the light! Anyway I will send you a PM so that we can talk about cables etc by email.

cfb

rugup

Newly Enlightened
I'm so friggin, friggin......friggin, jealous.

I hate you guys.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
lotsa!

Thats amazing :bow: :bow: :bow:

When is the group buy going to happen :paypal:

Later
Kelly

lotsalumens

Enlightened
I first saw one of these on ebay many years ago and had been kicking myself for not bidding on it. I didn't see any more until these turned up, but now they seem to be showing up every few weeks...though some are in better shape than others. The prices also tend to vary widely. They were used in Vietnam on tanks as well as helicopters. On helicopters they would use the light in infrared mode to spot the enemy, and then switch to visible to engage.

cfb

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
cfb,

Is it possible to post a beamshot at a distant object? Your 3 shots are awesome but all go up to the sky.

Thanks,

Nereus

Enlightened
"The bad news is you will need someone to help carry you key ring around."
The good news is that it will be very hard to lose the key ring... What a light! With the infrared option you can barbecue a chicken from a distance of 10 kilometres!

-Nereus

lotsalumens

Enlightened
John2551,

There is not a whole lot of open space around the house (mostly woods) to do a distant target shot, other than across the harbor which is only about .5-.75 miles away. Problem is that there are houses on the other side. I might be able to try it in our back field next weekend but it will only be a couple of hundred yards. It is supposed to be able to illuminate targets a couple of miles away. Anyway I will see what I can do next weekend. The light is out at a summer house my wife and I share with relatives.

cfb

lotsalumens

Enlightened
P.S.

John, I noticed you are in NYC. We are too, though the light is not. No space to use it here sadly. Anyway I am glad to see the NYPD represented on CPF!

cfb

jwiren

Newly Enlightened
lotsalumens said:
I first saw one of these on ebay many years ago and had been kicking myself for not bidding on it. I didn't see any more until these turned up, but now they seem to be showing up every few weeks...though some are in better shape than others. The prices also tend to vary widely. They were used in Vietnam on tanks as well as helicopters. On helicopters they would use the light in infrared mode to spot the enemy, and then switch to visible to engage.

cfb

I found one, but price is too big 2500usd!

Her have got three light, but only one left!

What have been prices at Ebay?

K-T

*Moderator*
I am with Chrisse on this - you should have seen the real one at the 2004 meeting - I was freaking out when Lampenkaiser hit the ignition switch on that beast. It throws a pencilsharp beam far,far,far (did I say far?) away in the distance. We were worried at certain times that people in the neighbourhood might get worried about our activities ontop of that hill. I was close to getting one of those just for the pure and raw power of it - never had the car and the trailer for it for transportation. :(

frettedfive

Newly Enlightened
lotsalumens said:
Ralph,

Did yours come from that surplus dealer in Texas? If so then you are correct, I bought their first one. Unfortunately they did not want to separate mine and ship UPS. The truck freight shipping ended up costing almost as much as the light! Anyway I will send you a PM so that we can talk about cables etc by email.

cfb

Surplus dealer in Texas, you say?? I would very much appreciate any contact info you could provide, as I'm in Texas and would like to get in touch with the man who's selling these...

Wonderful beamshots, BTW... :rock: The beam's so tight it almost looks like a friggin' laser beam

lotsalumens

Enlightened
JWIREN,

Someone was asking $2,500 for one of these?? wow. I got mine for $450 new. I have seen used ones on ebay for less and more. I don't see any currently on auction, though there are two of the larger 2+kW VSS-1s for about $1,000 (that's not a deal either...saturn surplus sells them for less). I've heard firsthand that at 230lbs the VSS-1 is no fun to move around though.

FRETTEDFIVE,

The dealer was samssurplus.com in Stanton TX, but they only had four and sold them all. Might not hurt to call them up just in case they dig up some more though. The cables cost a couple of hundred to make since the connectors are expensive.

cfb

ddaadd

Enlightened
Sets my Costco HID down by the screen and tells him the story of his Great Grand Dad who rode on the Army tanks many years ago......LOL !!

Whoa...... Holy BatBeam !!

"I don't think the nieghbors could be any more annoyed at me than they already are." I plead to my wife, and get THAT LOOK, in return......

Oh welll.......

Lets see a pic of you changing a tire using that monster !! he he

More Beamshots Please !!