2.18 HDS software - anyone have this issue?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
great info tyu

bottom line is locator flash turned itself on, in the 3 lights from the recent run of High CRI lights mentioned in this thread.
so far the one that Modernflame sent to Henry, has been repaired

I hope the other two get fixed soon

fyrstormer

Banned
Thank you Sir! I appreciate the correct information.. 7 clicks at revision 2.14 it is.
at v2.15 comes 9click candle..

and, your experience says v2.11 has quad click Locator Flash, it did not start at fw 2.14, despite the revision history showing that.

great info!
thanks for taking the time to verify the binary code for your firmware

Happy Turkey!
Red or Green? Xmas! ;-)

for those that have no idea what all this red and green is about.. here is a visual.. and now Im hungry!

I lived in Santa Fe for a couple decades, I started out wanting Green Chile, then Xmas, now I love Red the most.
Now I want enchiladas verdes. Thanks a lot.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
my 2700K Rotary.

any progress on your light?

it seems there were some power supply issues this summer, when the lights reported in this thread were made...

some were caught during QC:
07-17-2018
Hogokansatsukan said:
Well 3 of the 3000k lights that just weren't acting right. I tried to threaten them with the belt, but still no go. They are getting moved to different power supplies

some made it out into the wild:
greatscoot said:
My 3000K is acting weird too.

Last edited:

toads

Newly Enlightened
Ive been having an issue with my light not being able to go to 100% somtimes on a fresh battery. Similar issue with multiple RCR123A cells. I'd turn it on at 50-60% or whatever and then need a full blast so I'd press and hold the button, sometimes it will flash once and step down, sometimes it will flash 5 times and turn off. Turning it back on resolves the issue and it goes and stays at 100% as long as I need it since the cell is fully charged.

I spoke to Henry and he says to send it in, but I'm holding off until I get my Ti rotary as I use this one every day. Don't want to be without it for the month or two or whatever it takes to inspect/repair it.

This is a 219C 4000k rotary from the recent group buy.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine seems like it steps down way too fast. Then again, & again, I'll have to find time to put it to the timer & share results with the forum.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive been having an issue with my light not being able to go to 100% somtimes on a fresh battery. Similar issue with multiple RCR123A cells. I'd turn it on at 50-60% or whatever and then need a full blast so I'd press and hold the button, sometimes it will flash once and step down, sometimes it will flash 5 times and turn off. Turning it back on resolves the issue and it goes and stays at 100% as long as I need it since the cell is fully charged.

I spoke to Henry and he says to send it in, but I'm holding off until I get my Ti rotary as I use this one every day. Don't want to be without it for the month or two or whatever it takes to inspect/repair it.

This is a 219C 4000k rotary from the recent group buy.

Do you have the locator flash enabled? If so, does it activate by itself after you get the five flashes and the shut down? That would be consistent with the symptoms of a faulty power supply that we've seen in the other lights. Do you ever find that the locator comes on unexpectedly?

toads

Newly Enlightened
Do you have the locator flash enabled? If so, does it activate by itself after you get the five flashes and the shut down? That would be consistent with the symptoms of a faulty power supply that we've seen in the other lights. Do you ever find that the locator comes on unexpectedly?
No locator flash for me.I have the light as stock as it came, never messed with turning on any extra options or menus.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is the power supply, and won't fix itself. Sometimes the elf just needs a good beating... or replacing.