200mm auxillary light bucket

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm looking for a black metal bucket that uses 200mm sealed beams and that has a single bolt mount like an off road light. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks,

LD

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The only ones that occur to me are snowplow auxiliary headlamps, but (1) those tend to have an integrated turn signal you may not want and (2) I don't know if they're still made; it looks like the smaller 165mm sealed beam types have pretty much taken over. Looks like Grote might still be making theirs.

EDIT wait a minute, I think the KC 69 uses a cheap/nasty lens-reflector the same size and shape as a 200mm sealed beam. Maybe you could talk KC into selling you just a pair of the housings. Further visual evidence is here and here; the size and shapes seem to line up. Looks like you maybe can also go further downmarket to a "Pro Comp" unit.

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
The KC housing type is what I'm looking for. Not crazy about KC. Is it deep enough to except the sealed beam three prong plug? What I'm trying do do is create a Bi-Oscar type lamp without spending $500 for a pair, and making it easy to replace the glass should road debris take them out. I'm also willing to look at housings for a round (PAR56?) housing/bucket as well.

Thanks

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
What particular lamp units are you planning on using? Surely not actual sealed beams?

If PAR56 will meet your needs (that is a standard 7" round lamp) then you can get them from Grote.

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
No, H4651 is a standard 165mm x 100mm (small rectangular) sealed beam, not the 200mm x 142mm (large rectangular) unit the original poster wants.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
you're right, I was relying on memory and am far more used to hearing them referred to as "5x7" and "4x6" even though those aren't entirely accurate...

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
Not going to use sealed beams. Just looking for a way to create auxillary headlights using a 200mm e-code lamp assembly to mount on a brush bar.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Ah, that would work nicely. I think there are probably more good options in the 7" round (PAR56) format rather than the 200mm rectangular, but if you're going seriously basic (cheap H4 units) it doesn't really matter one way or the other.