*2016* New Fenix PD32 2016: 900 Lumens

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Fenix PD32 2016

new PD32 is much shorter and a touch slimmer on top of the XP-L HI etc. have mine on order and cannot wait

markr6

Flashaholic

I like the looks of this but at 240m throw I can't justify buying it when my Eagletac T25C2 HI does 363m. The T25C2 is bigger, but not enough to make it an issue.

But to be fair it's a great option for some, especially if carrying in a pocket...which I never do.

D6859

Enlightened

240m throw with XP-L HI doesn't sound much when my EDC can do over 200m with XM-L2.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix PD32 2016?... Erm..

Now, I will admit I am immediately posting this even before checking out the specs/stats.

I just went to myfenix.co.uk where I usually buy my lights from these days and I happened to see what I mistakenly thought was a PD35 2016 but is in fact a PD32 2016.

What are your thoughts on this light? What are reasons to buy one? Pros and cons? If I have a PD35 TAC but don't care that much about the TAC aspect are there any reasons why I might be interested in a new PD32??

Edit:

I see this is even more of a thrower than the PD35 TAC. 100 less lumens, but would you say the extra throw would more than compensate for the 100 lumen drop in terms of not detrementally impacting perceived brightness on the target? I would think the longer range would be actually worth it. Then on top of that extra runtime?! I am pretty much sold already.

Now to your thoughts on this light. :D

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

the original PD32 was my second ever Fenix and I grew very fond of its super easy to carry size and top notch build quality. I like that Fenix stuck to the original dimensions yet was still able to redo the electronics and side switch. I am looking forward to this light to show up in my mailbox on Thursday very much. I foresee it always being in a pocket of whatever I am wearing. The 2016 TK32 is the light I am looking forward to with the most anticipation. TK32 is one of the best lights I have ever bought. Throwing in an XP-L HI into the 32's huge reflector should net an easy 60k CD and have an even more concentrated beam than the XML2 version does. Cannot wait for either.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix PD32 2016?... Erm..

Burst my bubble? How does providing me two prior links that I missed, with more opinions and commentary burst my bubble? Unless people are talking down about it?

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking forward to this light. I am almost sure I am going to buy one, when I put enough money on the side. The fact that it is a bit smaller than the 35, has more runtime than the 35, can tail stand unlike the 35, has more throw than the 35 which hopefully should offset the 100 lumen drop while putting more light on the target at the same time providing more range?

Am I right in thinking the 100 lumen drop, coupled with 40+ meters longer throw, will have a decent impact on having a detectably better throwing light that doesn't feel dimmer?

wjv

Enlightened
XP-L HI has a smaller brighter hotspot over XM-L2, XP-L and XM-L. However due to the small dimensions of the reflector, it won't be a tiny hotspot.

The PD32 has been all over the gamut when it comes to throw

The original was a mid-range
The PDUE was more floody with a great neutral white, smooth beam
The next gen went more cool-bluish and became throwy
This one looks like even more throw.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

somehow we need a 2016 PD32 thread merge. My 2016 PD32 will be here Thursday so hopefully the threads will be merged by then cause Im sure Ill have nothing but good things to say about it. Have fresh 3500mah cell waiting for it

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

somehow we need a 2016 PD32 thread merge. My 2016 PD32 will be here Thursday so hopefully the threads will be merged by then cause Im sure Ill have nothing but good things to say about it. Have fresh 3500mah cell waiting for it

Wow I totally misread what you typed. I thought you said you'll have nothing good to say about it lol. Fail. I agree.

nbp

Flashaholic

I can merge them for you. Are there any others or just those two noted above? I don't feel like looking. Lol. And this one of course. :ohgeez:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking forward to this light. I am almost sure I am going to buy one, when I put enough money on the side. The fact that it is a bit smaller than the 35, has more runtime than the 35, can tail stand unlike the 35, has more throw than the 35 which hopefully should offset the 100 lumen drop while putting more light on the target at the same time providing more range?

Am I right in thinking the 100 lumen drop, coupled with 40+ meters longer throw, will have a decent impact on having a detectably better throwing light that doesn't feel dimmer?

The points you mention is why I will be buying this light.

nbp

Flashaholic

:poof: And the three are one! Thanks for your help guys. :)

wolfgaze

Enlightened

My 2016 PD32 will be here Thursday so hopefully the threads will be merged by then cause Im sure Ill have nothing but good things to say about it. Have fresh 3500mah cell waiting for it

Looking forward to hearing your review and seeing your photos/beamshots, CelticCross...

Flashatron

Banned
If the clicky switch is in the off position, is there standby current drain? If there is drain how long before the battery is depleted?

Latest posts