*2016* ZebraLight SC63 and variants like the SC63w

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
So just to make sure lol..... I can not use my protected 18650's in this bad boy???

shira

Newly Enlightened
There has been some talk if a Hi CRI model in 6 months. Are HI CRI XHP 35 or 50 leds actually available or is this likely vaporware. I haven't seen any flashlight made by anybody with CRI 93+ and any kind of XHP.

Well, I purchased three CRI-96 XHP70s from Cutter (see the 1st LED in the second row). And I had Vinh create a custom TK75 from them. The TK75 reflectors are clear, so there's a small donut hole. But the color rendition is startling. I think that with an orange peel reflector one could make a pretty impressive flashlight using those LEDs.

TCY

Enlightened
The SC63 looks much better with the ZL logo on it. I wish tech guys at ZL could update the picture.

holygeez03

Enlightened
So what did ZL change to eliminate the rattle? Are the tailcap pins stronger? Or is there something on the head end?

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what did ZL change to eliminate the rattle? Are the tailcap pins stronger? Or is there something on the head end?

I believe Mark posted a pic in one of these threads but can't remember which one since we have 3 different ZL threads going on.. But they did 3 pogo pins in head on circuit board where + terminal of battery rests. The tailcap has a spring like SC62 model and is a tight fit which presumably reduces the rattle too. Also the tube diameter tolerances appear spot on from what he said also.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Well, I purchased three CRI-96 XHP70s from Cutter (see the 1st LED in the second row). And I had Vinh create a custom TK75 from them. The TK75 reflectors are clear, so there's a small donut hole. But the color rendition is startling. I think that with an orange peel reflector one could make a pretty impressive flashlight using those LEDs.
Sounds great! Thanks for letting me know they exist

markr6

Flashaholic
Hey Mark... any battery rattle issues?

ZERO! I am very happy about this. If I take the cap off and hold it vertical, shaking it, I can hear the battery rattling side-to-side just a bit. So I can't say it's solely the tube diameter causing it not to rattle. I'm guessing the stronger spring in the cap is helping out.

Also, I just tried an unprotected NCR18650GA and NCR18650B with button top. Only 1-2mm longer, but too big to even get the cap on. I just wanted to be sure.

uofaengr

Enlightened
Am thinking about getting the w version. Tint on my SC32w is awesome :D
The tint on my SC62w is awesome, but my SC52w not so great. I'd like to see more 63w's in people's hands to see how the tint lottery goes in this first run. I want to see if there's a lot of tint shift between hotspot and spill like a lot of XM-L2s.

acefspade

Newly Enlightened
ZERO! I am very happy about this. If I take the cap off and hold it vertical, shaking it, I can hear the battery rattling side-to-side just a bit. So I can't say it's solely the tube diameter causing it not to rattle. I'm guessing the stronger spring in the cap is helping out.

Also, I just tried an unprotected NCR18650GA and NCR18650B with button top. Only 1-2mm longer, but too big to even get the cap on. I just wanted to be sure.

Hey Mark,

since u have all versions of the new zebralights, which is your favorite?

markr6

Flashaholic
Hey Mark,

since u have all versions of the new zebralights, which is your favorite?

Headlamps are a lot different in my opinion, so I'll get that out of the way to start. H600w II is what I use most often and does everything and more I need a headlamp to do. It's definitely my favorite Zebralight.

But for flashlights, it's tough to say. Right now it's a tie between the SC600w III and SC63w. I like the size of the SC63 but the SC600 is more appropriate for running on high and handling the heat better. It just depends on how/where you're using it.

If I could only have one, I would probably go with the SC600 III. I don't have the SC600w III HI, but from what I've heard it doesn't have much more throw.

And there's nothing wrong with the SC62 or SC600 II. I just like the small size reductions and designs of the new ones.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The anal part of me likes the heft of the SC600 over SC62/3 just because it makes it feel substantial and expensive. L3 Illumination's L11C with Nichia 219B handles my EDC anyways.

markr6

Flashaholic
The anal part of me likes the heft of the SC600 over SC62/3 just because it makes it feel substantial and expensive. L3 Illumination's L11C with Nichia 219B handles my EDC anyways.

I'm picky when it comes to an EDC size, so I also picked up the L11C Nichia. So the SC600 III makes sense. I agree about the heft, but it feels substantially less than the MKII, so it's a great light.

acefspade

Newly Enlightened
Headlamps are a lot different in my opinion, so I'll get that out of the way to start. H600w II is what I use most often and does everything and more I need a headlamp to do. It's definitely my favorite Zebralight.

But for flashlights, it's tough to say. Right now it's a tie between the SC600w III and SC63w. I like the size of the SC63 but the SC600 is more appropriate for running on high and handling the heat better. It just depends on how/where you're using it.

If I could only have one, I would probably go with the SC600 III. I don't have the SC600w III HI, but from what I've heard it doesn't have much more throw.

And there's nothing wrong with the SC62 or SC600 II. I just like the small size reductions and designs of the new ones.

I currently have the H600FD III and the SC600 II, would you say the sc600 III is noticeably brighter than the sc600 II or handles the heat better?