2017 EagleTac D25 Ti Series

Sledgestone

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I got really lucky I guess. I've been on the hunt for a D25a ti Nichia for ages..

Does anyone know if it's a good idea to use a 14500 in the 2017 version?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
a good idea to use a 14500 in the 2017 version?
depends whether you want to use the lowest modes, or the highest modes.. you have both options :)

have you seen this:
Using 4.2V li-ion direct drives the LED and yields maximum output at the expense of extensive heat generated from the LED. Limit each usage to less than fives minutes (or less than one minute each with freshly charged li-ion for the first couple times). Active cooling (blowing cool air toward the light) or passive cooling (holding the light in your hand) helps preventing excessive heat built at the LED. Turn off the light to allow it to cool down if you find the flashlight too hot to hold. Do not leave the light running unattended with li-ion. During direct drive, output at low and medium mode will be higher than normal.

nsk1979

Newly Enlightened
I have replaced original driver by custom one on my D25A Ti 2014. It can work only with 14500 Li-Ion rechargeable battery, but has no PWM on all modes, has hidden moonlight (with ramping) and battery level check. There is 1.5A on LED for Hi mode, medium is about 0.350A, Low is about 0,060A.
16142262_m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:thumbsup:

light-modder

Enlightened
gunga, it's been a while but I used something(I don't remember what now) to pry the contact board out. Then moved the driver aside and used my round nose pliers in the holes for the wire to the led to unscrew the pill. I was going to put in a fet driver but haven't done it yet.

light-modder

Enlightened
Yeah mine still works as well. I originally planned on using two 14250s to power an xhp50. When I went to buy the batteries they were no longer available and I haven't been able to find any more. So now I'll probably just use an xml2.

nsk1979

Newly Enlightened
Can you provide details on the mod?
I have used the same method for disassemble as mentioned by light-modder above. Just need to know that D25A Ti's head is glued up by something like cyanoacrylate cement and it is not softening under heating, be careful and try do not damage the head and thin O-ring on pill inside. I have used clamp bracket and piece of rubber belt to fix the head:
491191214_w640_h640_cid2351697_pid344663155-00dbc006.jpg

After removal of contact board and driver I have reduced by file diameter of MiniEagle v.2 driver from 17mm to 15.8mm and press-fitted in to the pill.

Last edited:

STREAMHAWAII

Newly Enlightened
Can someone tell me the differences in lumens from the D25C to the D25A?

I ran the D25C on turbo and then it throttled down after the 200 secs. as supposed to and when I grabbed it, it was so hot I couldn't hold on to it.

I might just have to get the D25A.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone tell me the differences in lumens from the D25C to the D25A?

I ran the D25C on turbo and then it throttled down after the 200 secs. as supposed to and when I grabbed it, it was so hot I couldn't hold on to it.

I might just have to get the D25A.

it is not good practice to run turbo unless you are holding the light...
here is the comparison page to answer your question about lumens

read ALL the warnings on the bottom of that page, this is just a short part of them:
(holding the light in your hand) helps preventing excessive heat built at the LED. Turn off the light to allow it to cool down if you find the flashlight too hot to hold. Do not leave the light running unattended

Robe

Enlightened
Looking at the D25A black versus the D25A 2017 both in Nichia 219, is there any functional difference or is it only in material?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited: