• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

27LT & PD with Seoul** All Gone**

charlesn

Enlightened
The only era that has ended is that of the Lux III, and with it, the end of McGizmo lights designed specifically for that emitter. It hardly makes sense for Don to reorder parts that he'll then have to mod for a different LED. But Don, per his quote above, has clearly left the door open to a new generation of PDs and 27LTs based around a new emitter. The tricky part, from a business perspective, is making a commitment of dollars and resources to a design and parts during a time of rapid and competing advancements in LEDs. Who knows what's coming in the next 6-12 months from Cree, Seoul and Luxeon? By the time the "latest" flashlight gets from drawing board to market, the LED around which it has been designed could easily be yesterday's news.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
We could call an astrologer or the weather forecast to refelct Don't plans for the near and distant future ... :nana: :poke: :D
bernie

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 27LT arrived today. I immediately put a 17670 in it.
Has anyone measured the runtime of this configuration?

My 2x123 Cree lights run much longer with 1x17670 than with 2 R123a's,
and only seem to dim significantly well after the R123a's would have gone dark.
Will that also be the case with this light?

I see that the battery rides in a sleeve with an attached spring.
Without that, one could fit an 18650, but would then need a spring
and a cell with a proper button.

Is anyone running an 18650 in an LT?

Rudi

Enlightened
I believe that the sleeve provides the electrical path, which allows the threads to be fully anodized.

What about the brighness of the 1x17670 vs. 2x123?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yes. Without the sleeve the light won't run as the body including threads is completely anodised. 18650 will not run in the 27LT, sorry.
bernie

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rudi said:
I believe that the sleeve provides the electrical path, which allows the threads to be fully anodized.

What about the brighness of the 1x17670 vs. 2x123?

Don't see any difference between a fully-charged 17670 and 2 CR123 primaries.
Not sure at what point it will drop out of regulation.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Mine arrived today. :rock:

This is the third of my three Seoul-lights that has the whitest of tints.

These three lights compared to each other look exactly the same in tint -
white, white, white with no hint of any other colour!!!

All the other lights I possess have a slightly different hue in comparison to
the next one.

Am I just lucky or have all these reports about tint issues been
exagerrated?

Great light by the way Don, I haven't had one of these before.

Thanks. :)

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Same here. My 27LT-S and PD-S have very similar tints; comfortably white. I was actually quite surprised at how uniform they were. (Of course, I only have two samples to compare, so this could be pure, dumb luck.)

Don, another great creation with the 27LT-S. It throws like no other LED I own, and makes a beautiful middle child to my HD45 and my PD-S mizer. =)

Thanks again!

- FITP

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
FWIW, I have the following:

• Ti 27S-C
  • PD-S
  • PD-S Mizer
  • 27LT-S

They are all identical in Tint, just beautiful warm white, with no color shift when driven hard or lightly.

Nebula

Enlightened
PSM - I envy you! So far I have been too late to the party for every offering. Maybe I should hire some kid to sit with my PC hitting the refresh button waiting for Don to make the next offer of Ti 27s. Enjoy those wonderful lights. Kirk

PoliceScannerMan said:
FWIW, I have the following:

• Ti 27S-C
  • PD-S
  • PD-S Mizer
  • 27LT-S
They are all identical in Tint, just beautiful warm white, with no color shift when driven hard or lightly.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Nebula said:
PSM - I envy you! So far I have been too late to the party for every offering. Maybe I should hire some kid to sit with my PC hitting the refresh button waiting for Don to make the next offer of Ti 27s. Enjoy those wonderful lights. Kirk

I work all day with no computer, sometimes I am in the right place at the right time.... :naughty:

I also have a Ti XR19-C, but I decided to not post it since it has a Cree XR-E, instead of a Seoul.... :sssh:

charlesn

Enlightened
PSM: I'd like to hear your comments and comparisions of the PD-S (non-mizer) vs the XR19. (You haven't done a shootout with these, have you?) Don said he prefers the Cree in the small head -- what about you?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
charlesn said:
PSM: I'd like to hear your comments and comparisions of the PD-S (non-mizer) vs the XR19. (You haven't done a shootout with these, have you?) Don said he prefers the Cree in the small head -- what about you?
Are you suggesting that I do an all new shoot-out with:

• PD-S
  • PS-S Mizer
  • 27LT-S
  • Ti 27S-C
  • XR19-C

Hmmmmmm, maybe if I get time..... :naughty:

quantile

Newly Enlightened
Received my 27LT-S yesterday - thanks Don.

I really like the rugged design of the light - sure looks like it can take a beating. The low/high twisting action is perfect - feels almost like a precision instrument.

The 27LT-S is the best throwing LED light I have, I puts out ~5800 Lux at 1m on a fresh 17670. I couldn't find a runtime graph for the BB917 on a single Li-Ion, so I will be doing one in the next few days.

Marcus

charlesn

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
Are you suggesting that I do an all new shoot-out with:

• PD-S
  • PS-S Mizer
  • 27LT-S
  • Ti 27S-C
  • XR19-C

Hmmmmmm, maybe if I get time..... :naughty:

Wow... what an AWESOME idea... PSM, we're gonna have to get you your own board on CPF just for your shootouts... you really do the best job with them that I've seen.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
charlesn said:
Wow... what an AWESOME idea... PSM, we're gonna have to get you your own board on CPF just for your shootouts... you really do the best job with them that I've seen.
Thanks for the compliment, but I find my beamshots average at best, I am no photographer. :laughing:

I will try to motivate myself to do this some time in the next week or so.

quantile

Newly Enlightened
Here is the runtime of the 27LT-S on a 17670 Li-Ion cell. This is Lux at 1.3m beam center in order to use the 4000 Lux range of my light meter.

Marcus

27ltsaw17670nw4.png

Rudi

Enlightened
quantile, if you could superimpose a runtime graph with 123 primaries -- same light, same meter, same technique -- it would be most informative and appreciated.