• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

27LT & PD with Seoul** All Gone**

RIDE

Enlightened
Got mine too the other day...and WOW! What a great light! Construction is top notch, it works flawlessly smooth, and the beam is bright and white!

Great job Don!

RIDE

quantile

Newly Enlightened
Rudi said:
quantile, if you could superimpose a runtime graph with 123 primaries -- same light, same meter, same technique -- it would be most informative and appreciated.

There you go. I will do another one with R123s in a day or two, that should cover every battery option available with the 27LT-S.

EDIT 02-19-2007: Runtime graph added with AW high current R123s.

Marcus

27ltsruntime3op5.png

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I got bored a few days ago, so I wanted to find a way to get B@rt's trits on my 27LT-S.

So me, 3 trits, and a bottle of Norland61 (Same Clear Epoxy Don uses in the PD's Piston Trit.) went out to the garage to play.

Here is my final product, every other slot on the head has a Tritium vial, then is filled with Norland61 until smooth with the rest of the light. With a Trit in every other slot, you see tritium no matter where the light is. Activating the light is still easy with the 3 vacant slots in the head.

PICS: Sorry about the quality, I'm no Wave_Particle. :laughing:

MOFO002.jpg

MOFO003.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
PoliceScannerMan said:
I got bored a few days ago, so I wanted to find a way to get B@rt's trits on my 27LT-S.

So me, 3 trits, and a bottle of Norland61 (Same Clear Epoxy Don uses in the PD's Piston Trit.) went out to the garage to play.

Here is my final product, every other slot on the head has a Tritium vial, then is filled with Norland61 until smooth with the rest of the light. With a Trit in every other slot, you see tritium no matter where the light is. Activating the light is still easy with the 3 vacant slots in the head.

PICS: Sorry about the quality, I'm no Wave_Particle. :laughing:

MOFO002.jpg

MOFO003.jpg

Looks good - another option I thought of would be to glue one of Teagle's
"T-Shields" in to the substantial hollow in the tailcap.

This is the thread:-
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148596

I'm not sure what the best size would be.

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Finally got my hands on the 27LT-S I ordered weeks ago (I've been away from home)... and I have to say...

it's AWESOME!:rock:

What an introduction to custom lights :naughty:.

It thrashes almost every other light I have in terms of output and destroys those that it cannot beat in brightness in runtime and size! And of course the beam is essentially perfect, the build quality rather robust etc. etc. - you've heard it all before! Some of my other lights a beginnin to "feel" a little redundant - SEOULmation required!

Yes the light has rough edges as expected but these mean that I am also more likely to actually use the light! My only slight concern in terms of the build is the fact that there does appear to be a bit of a smudge on the inside of the lens/window, but this does not affect the beam so it's not a real issue.

If the there were a 2stage tail switch version I would probably EDC that... as it is the 27LT-S will be my top choice for outdoors:popcorn:

Thanks McGizmo! :goodjob:

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Re: 27LT & PD with Seoul

Chronos said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:
OK, now I'm convinced. It looks like my beloved LuxVs are out.

Don, any word on a possible HD45-S yet? I may have to get another one and have it modded with a Seoul.

Mmm...HD45-S. :drool: I love mine. It's a FLuPIC-powered thrower!

- Chris

TxTroubleMaker

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
Brizzler, if you unscrew that bezel ring on the LT. You can clean the window. Just be careful! The anti reflective coating can become damaged. :ohgeez:

+1 on that! I damaged the AR coating on one of my lights doing this exact thing. That stuff it extremely delicate, IMO, it's not worth the trouble...