• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

27LT & PD with Seoul** All Gone**

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: 27LT & PD with Seoul

Hi guys,
There is a swell running so after posting this thread, I took a couple hours off to catch some waves. :eek:

I came back and was frankly overwhelmed with the e-mail orders! :green:

I will sort through them, get them in the queue and hopefully take a bunch to the post office tomorrow.

One of you would like one of each, probably. Your question is what are the issues with viability and reliability of the Seoul P4 and you would like me to explain this a little. I am not sure I can. I defer to the experts like Newbie and ViRen. Please check out the thread in LED forum on initial evaluation of Seoul P4 and draw your own conclusions. I personally don't anticipate any problem nor have I seen any problems with these LED's I have been building with. There are others who feel that the P4 should be relegated to cheap disposable lights and for the sake of full disclosure, I wanted to mention this. I don't agree with that assessment and I have elected to put Seouls in some of my one of a kind lights, like the Photon King II. :shrug:

If you would like a good idea of the problem, please inquire of those who see it well. I don't.

Do these LED's represent a step backwards in terms of tint? I would say yes. Luxeon has the corner on that market at present and I guess even the patents to keep the corner safe to some extent.

You mizer proponents, where the hell were you when I started the thread on these?!?! :nana:

Wayne's take is that the wiz2x2 should be fine with a mizer drive set so I guess I will open up that option. One of you have ordered wanting the mizer but ordering now anyway, I will switch you to mizer unless I hear back. These lights are not perfect as I often try to impress upon you guys and with the Seoul P4 and the mizer package, the R&D program includes those of you willing to ride out at the edge. Those of you wanting stability and known and tried and true, kick back and let the others forge ahead and find out where the sharp edges are.

Those thinking about sending in an order, please read the linked thread on ordering! I have received PP payment from some of you as your order. False start there! :nana:

OK, got to eat a meal and then get to work......... :wave:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

McGizmo said:
Wayne's take is that the wiz2x2 should be fine with a mizer drive set so I guess I will open up that option.

Email order sent for one PD-S (MIZER). Thanks!

:thumbsup: WP

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whats wrong with you guys.....

Asking for mizer,what are you mizers or Men?
:whistle:

Ok ok,bad joke...

I still think you guys are nuts :p

Benny

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

MorpheusT1 said:
Whats wrong with you guys.....

Asking for mizer,what are you mizers or Men?
:whistle:

:nana: There are two camps. Some like the output aggressive, but this results in short runtimes. Others preferred to bring it down a notch, but keep it solid and go for stamina. I think the latter option is better for us "MEN". At least that's what the women say..... :p

WP

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

McGizmo said:
Those thinking about sending in an order, please read the linked thread on ordering! I have received PP payment from some of you as your order. False start there! :nana:
:( Can you blame me for being overly excited? Yes! :grin2:

I'd understand it if you refused to sell me one now that I screwed up... that, and my girlfriend would love you. :laughing: ;)

john -aka- the shameful non-conformist McFool

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would baldly want to ask for the option to get a MAN light,

Seems like if there is a wuzz version there should also be a Man version of the PD.

Maybe running at 700-800 mah..

:D

Benny

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened

E-mail for a PD-S w/Ti ring, standard? (or the "brighter" version on high)

Thanks, Brian

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Yeah, let's add more options! Yeah! Lets open up to other finishes on the Al too! Yeah! :ohgeez: :p

OK guys, I cry uncle! :eek:

I have been overwhelmed with the orders here and I will do the best I can to get them out in a timely fashion. I see Ihave to go back to the lathe and modify more sets to satisfy the orders already placed so some of these may not get out until monday and that assumes that I can have a productive weekend and keep the shipping department from bailing out on me. :crazy: