2AA + tactical switch + tailstand + neutral white

Cemoi

Enlightened
Hi all,

So far I have searched the product range of two manufacturers:

• Fenix: the LD22 almost fills the bill, but no NW version, moreover it dates back to 2015, so there are much better LEDs available now.
  • Nitecore: the MT2A and MT20A are more recent and more powerful, but again no NW version.
Thanks in advance for other suggestions.

OTOH, I notice that an increasing number of flashlights have an output selection side switch. How is this usable when the light is held the "tactical" way (thumb on the main switch)?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
The four sevens quark qk2a mkiii sounds like what you want. Nichia 319a 5000k, forward clicky either proud or tail standing. Good UI and color. No tailcap lock out and the driver board is only held in place by threading the head on to the body.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
malkoff mdc 2aa. tail switch activation, tailstands and comes in neutral and cool white versions. +1 on the quark qk2a mkiii as well

Cemoi

Enlightened
Thanks for your replies and suggestions.
The Malkoff seems to be a bit outdated (and is out of stock @Malkoff), I'd rather find something more recent, using a "not too old" LED generation.

I had already spotted the Quark, nevertheless it has two cons for me:

1. It tailstands only when using the tailstand cap. But it such a configuration, is it still possible to use the forward switch with the thumb? If not, I'll have to leave it in the tactical configuration, and snap the cap when needed, but... where did I store it BTW? It seems the "U-shaped" tail that many tactical lights use is more versatile.
  2. Although its UI can be programmed to six different configurations, none of these meet my requirement : low-med-high-(burst)+strobe. Strobe is only available in configurations #2 (Strobe + Max only) and #6 (all modes including SOS and Beacon which I don't need).

Any other suggestions are welcome, thanks.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can still buy a kroll switch for the minimag at the sandwich shoppe. Someone posted a way to put a shroud on it to tail stand but can't remember how for the life of me. Forgot to add, you'll need a lee filter to make it neutral