332 Lumen AA Maglite

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Found myself in a darkened kitchen at 11pm last night. Well it was lit by a small flashlight I was carrying but I thought "hmm try out that shiney new minimag".

Holy Mackeral that thing is bright. My den was lit up like daytime. Shined it outdoors and saw my neighbors cat 3 doors down. Yet spill lit my entire back yard too. I can see where all those extra photons were used.

Out throws my 350 lumen Malkoff drop in and out spills my floody 315 lumen Alpha. Impressive change.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Today I found myself in a Wal Mart 100 miles from home. Well, why not check to see if they have the new 2 speed ML25? They didn't.

What they did have was 3 empty display boxes for the 332 minimag and the 4th had 3 left. Now two.

My local wallyworld charges just shy of $25. This store was just shy of $19. Bought a mini Buck and mini Gerber while there. All three items will be gifted to somebody this Christmas. Well maybe not the Buck 375 Deuce....

IMG-20190425-182612.jpg

My pop, his pop and his pop used a knife like the 375

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Nice score!

I picked up a couple of similar buck knives a few years ago at wm when they were on clearance, gave them as gifts to some people at work at Christmas - everyone seemed to like them.

passive101

Enlightened
Today I found myself in a Wal Mart 100 miles from home. Well, why not check to see if they have the new 2 speed ML25? They didn't.

What they did have was 3 empty display boxes for the 332 minimag and the 4th had 3 left. Now two.

My local wallyworld charges just shy of $25. This store was just shy of $19. Bought a mini Buck and mini Gerber while there. All three items will be gifted to somebody this Christmas. Well maybe not the Buck 375 Deuce....

IMG-20190425-182612.jpg

My pop, his pop and his pop used a knife like the 375

Does this have 2 brightness options?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Ha ha. Maglite says two settings. In this case they mean:
1) on
2) off

It's the pro plus that has two levels of brightnes, which Maglite terms "3 settings" :shrug:.

Hi/lo/off.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I picked up a new ML25 2 speed and very impressed.throws like crazy and now that it has a low you can actually use the thing. Ran it for like 24 hours or something on low with 2XAA

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
For around the same price, I think either the single mode 2 or 3 cell ML25's are the way to go over a single mode AA Mini Mag Pro - the new "2 speed" 2C ML25 should be even better! If you need something lighter and more compact, the 2 AAA Mini Mag is a great choice.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Guess I know what I'll be looking for the next time I hit Home Depot or Wal-Mart.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Green is back.

IMG-20190512-171342.jpg

A new green 332 lumen minimag.
Limited run? Slip up? Or did Mag re-introduce the green color? Don't know but I bought at my Wally World.

IMG-20190512-172513.jpg

Minimag Pro, still under $20.
My first minimag was 19.99 at WalMart in the 90's. These were $19.74.

Last edited:

passive101

Enlightened
Does anyone have a link to these models on Walmart? I can't seem to find anything other then a model for $9.xx and have no idea which one it is.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a link to these models on Walmart? I can't seem to find anything other then a model for $9.xx and have no idea which one it is.

Go to the specific site for your local store click on find items, type in maglite and it should show you what they have in stock. Unfortunately, different color options probably won't show up.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Green is back.

IMG-20190512-171342.jpg

A new green 332 lumen minimag.
Limited run? Slip up? Or did Mag re-introduce the green color? Don't know but I bought at my Wally World.

IMG-20190512-172513.jpg

Minimag Pro, still under $20.
My first minimag was 19.99 at WalMart in the 90's. These were $19.74.

Those look real nice! walmart used to have a bunch of different colored Mags, I am glad to see that some of them are coming back.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It was Mothers Day so I told the bride I was going to WalMart to buy a pocket knife and asked if she wanted to go. She said "it's Mothers Day, I'm going to nap while you're gone because I know you're going back there to buy those green flashlights"....

We have an understanding that when she goes shopping for stuff I'm not into she doesn't want to bore me. I do same with her but we always, always, always give the other the chance to say "nah, no thanks".

I was going to look at knives because I don't dig on 2aa sized minimags. But I kept thinking about how lonely my green Malkoff'd 3D is and figured wuthuheck.

I bought the second one thinking if it turns out that green is scarce I'd share the wealth some day.

Now I wait patiently for the new version of the classic 2D to show up there.

Oh, and I bought a copy of my little Buck 375 Deuce, so yeah I did buy the knife I went there looking for.
IMG-20190513-191547.jpg

Last edited:

menowantsmellyfish

Newly Enlightened
The green does look nice, but I learned that if you actually use the flashlight for work like I do and not put it up on a display or use it to find your way to the bathroom then the only way to go is silver unless you want it looking horrible after a short while as all the color scrapes off. I am waiting to get my next one, the newest 351 Pro+ in silver but there are none available except from Maglite directly for nearly $40.00. Hoping it will not have that annoying blue tint like the latest 272 Pro that I got.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I see your point. Maglite finish is pretty tough. But alluminum color definitely hides flaws better. I like raw alluminum colored flashlights for finding in low light easier as well.

At a 2am nature call the alluminum finish causes the light to be easier to find in a barely lit room.

passive101

Enlightened
I have a co-worker who is turning 60 years old. He has had a mag-lite in a holster on his hip at work for decades. I got him a new green one for an upgrade.

Their are brighter lights, but he likes this style. Thanks for the info everyone. I hope he likes it :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Every time I show some one a zoomie flashlight and say it's a zoomie they twist it like a Maglite. Every time (until you show them it slides).

So your co-worker will probably appreciate the newer version way more than giving him a Coast zoomie with clicky tailcap and stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts