• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 3AA, 6AA, 9AA & 12AA battery holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:

$146 for:

$18 for 3 each wa 1185 bulb
$39 + $37 for 2 each 9aa->3D adapters
$14 for bipin socket, brass
$25 for cammed MOP reflector
$8 for dummy aa
$6 for shipping

Thanks, Alan B

Last edited:

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my parts today! Thanks! Now I have a few questions. There is 2 scratched zone on the reflector on each side near the lens opening, is it normal? They are at the opposite of each others like if something was used to retain the reflector (reflective coating process?). I put the ROP high bulb and after a few seconds, fog apeared on the reflector and it won't disappear. How to clean the reflector?

Thanks

[EDIT]
I finally cleaned the reflector with dishes soap and hot water by only letting the water flow on the reflector without touching it. I then rinsed with 50% volume of etyl alcohol so no water strains was left and I dried it up with compressed air! It looks shinier than it was when I got it apart from the 2 scratches that were there. :) I love this ROP! I'm also impressed by the quality of the batteries holders!
[/EDIT]

Last edited:

Fulgeo

Enlightened
:paypal: For:

(2) 6AA to 2D $72
(2) G4 bi-pin SS socket $34
(2) G4 bi-pin brass socket $28
(2) Cammed MOP Aluminum reflector (10.5mm) $50
(2) Bi-pin WA1111 $18
(1) Bi-pin WA1164 $9
(1) Pack of ROP (3854) Hi and Low $10
Shipping $6

Total = $227

Thanks in advance for the order. Btw looks like I missed out on the 9AA to 3D adapter run. Any ETA on the next batch?

Edit: Order received!

Last edited:

SafetyBob

Enlightened
Ditto on the 9xAA adapter....obviously a high demand item (and a good one too).....are you planning on making some more? I can wait if needed. Just wondering.

For anyone just reading this thread. These are very, very high quality battery holders. They are worth every penny and any amount of time you have to wait.

Bob E.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:

and I would like

1 9AA to 3D $39
1 G4 bi-pin brass socket $14 each
1 Cammed SMO reflector $25
4 Bi-pin WA1185 $6 each
1 Boro lens $5.5 each
and $6 shipping

total= $113.50

Thanks!

EDIT: I am an idiot who did not read fully. I didn't see that the 9aa was not available. If you do not think they will be available shortly, feel free to reject the payment, or replace the 9AA with a 6AA adapter, and I will wait for the 9AA to become available for the MAG85 build. Thank you.

Last edited:

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my 9AA to 3D adapters (glad I ordered in time..), and Mag85 parts. Fired it up with 8 Eneloops, and it is working well. I'm enjoying that awhile before I move to 9 cells. Gives me something to look forward to.

Oh, and very nicely made battery holders!

One question - the bulb slid out once. I think it needs a little more tension to make sure it stays in place. How best to do that?

Edit - bent the pins a bit in the center using two pairs of pliers to avoid putting any strain on the bulb itself. Found the leads to be quite soft, and the problem is solved.

Thanks, Alan

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everything came in and looks (and works!) great.
Thanks! Whenever the boro comes in, let me know, and I'll order the 9AA at the same time.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Hey Fivemega, what is the difference in output in a WA1111 with a 6aa>2D adapter between that same adapter and an ROP high bulb? Basically I want to know which of the two setups is brighter and how long does the said setup last. Thanks a bunch and I am ready to buy once I decide which setup to run, or I may and probably will end up buy both. Thanks.

-Evan

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea when the 9AA to 3D will be available to order again? I missed it.
Hopefully, by early or mid Feb.

what is the difference in output in a WA1111 with a 6aa>2D adapter between that same adapter and an ROP high bulb? .
-Evan
ROP high is slightly brighter than WA1111 but not as white as WA1111
Using set of rested, fully charged Eneloop, you will get about 25 minutes on ROP and 30 minutes on WA1111
Result may vary from standard to resistance fixed flashlights also type and health of batteries.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I now have two of the 6AA, and I have always taken the batteries out to charge them. I recently bought one of the chargers that are recommended for use with these, and I guess I assumed that it would be easy to add the male adapter.
Now, I saw in another thread (can't remember where) how to connect the male adapter, but I recall that I did not completely understand it. This is because I am a mechanical moron. I didn't know what all the specific parts mentioned were. Is anyone willing to either post, or to not clutter this thread even more (my apologies FM), PM me with ludicrously simple (I mean "a drunk two year old monkey on drugs" simple) instructions for how to do it? I would be forever grateful. I have a soldering kit and a basic (see above level of simple....that basic) understanding of what to do with it.

Many thanks...I look forward to charging these (and the soon to be coming...I hope) 9AA the recommended way.

SL1

Trope

Newly Enlightened
(1) 6AA to 2D $37
(2) Pack of ROP $10
(2) Bi-pin WA1185 $6 each
(3) Bi-pin WA1111 $9 each

$6 shipping US delivery

Total $102.00

CPF name: Trope
PP incoming . . .

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Ok, one more thing, is the MOP reflector cammed, and if so can it still throw decently? Also, will the MOP work with both of the ROP bulbs and the WA1111? Thanks and Im sorry for asking so many questions it's just I want to get everything right the first time, ya know?

-Evan

DINLONG

Newly Enlightened
I'll take one 6AA adapter

$37 for adapter
$6 shipping in US

$43 total

PayPal coming

thanks!

Dinlong

Status
Not open for further replies.